The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ovie calls out league for Bias / Poor Reffing

Ovie must be a CDC member lol, seriously go back to Russia you one dimensional whiny loser. If the league was biased and corrupt Phoenix would be playing Florida in the finals, that would bolster profits down south.

The league will do whatever it wants, and no one can stop them.

If you don't like it, stop watching.

I remember being so damn angry in the Canucks/Bruins series with all the crap Boston got away with...

After that series, I stopped caring as much. I will never pay to watch an NHL game live again. I will never buy a jersey, or any other merchandise. I will catch the games on CBC or listen on the radio, I won't even buy Centre Ice anymore. I might watch a game in a local pub, but that's because I am supporting the pub, not the NHL.

Maybe I will stick to the WHL next year...the NHL has become a circus.

Honestly I am at a loss at what to do. I love hockey but the crappy officiating is such a distraction I don't think I can stand it any more.

I think a one year break from hockey is in order. I'll check in next year after the playoffs and see if either

a) The calls are made on a consistent standard (the general audience knows what a penalty does or doesn't look like)

B) The calls are fair (generally even)

a) is better than B) but either is better than what we have now which is a farce and not worth watching.

I hope you're not just going to shrug this whole thing off because Ovie got away with one. Rangers got away with a lot too.

What Ovie said about forcing a game 7 is bang on. Why else would the caps get no PPs when there were some obvious penalties?

I just want consistent officiating. All the refs may need to be sat down in the same room and taught what the rules mean. It's crazy to watch a series like LA vs StL and watch how insane that series was. Then watch the same hits and chips penalized in other series. Even comparing what LA was getting to do in StL then when they play SJS they have to relearn the rules. The First period tonight they took penalties that they wouldn't have be called for in the first round. Is that not absolute insanity?

I enjoyed the LA StL series but the lack of consistency in the league shocked me. Choose a style of officiating and stick with it

I won't go out and say that across the league there is a conspiracy for officiating, but I do think the refs need to be taught a standard of officiating and then stick to that from Game 1 of the year to Game 7 of Stanely Cup final. Teach the refs first and then continue to train them each year as a group.

I didn't watch this series, but I certainly don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Ovi is noticing the same thing that us Canuck fans have noticed for years now (those of us without our heads in the sand at least).

Problem is, no one is taking him seriously, thus keeping the league in the dark ages (Bettman's reign).

The league will do whatever it wants, and no one can stop them.

If you don't like it, stop watching.

I remember being so damn angry in the Canucks/Bruins series with all the crap Boston got away with...

After that series, I stopped caring as much. I will never pay to watch an NHL game live again. I will never buy a jersey, or any other merchandise. I will catch the games on CBC or listen on the radio, I won't even buy Centre Ice anymore. I might watch a game in a local pub, but that's because I am supporting the pub, not the NHL.

Maybe I will stick to the WHL next year...the NHL has become a circus.

Archived