The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HELP FIRST CAREER GAME TODAY

You guys probaly know iam a ball hockey goalie but tommorow my coach wants me to be player and my backup will start. My coach told me i will be forward 3rd liner and i need help i reaaly dont know what to do. In my first came i dont wannna do a stupid turn over which will make the other team score please help

In the defensive zone, keep things along the boards. Don't make a pass up the middle that might be intercepted

And don't worry too much. You're a goalie so you know what you want the players in front of you to do. Now you are one of those players, so do what you would want them to do.

Honestly, ball hockey is such a blast. It's a great aspect of the game of hockey and it doesn't get enough respect. Ice hockey is great but so is ball hockey and so is floor hockey. They are all great fun. So just go out there and enjoy yourself :)

Defensive zone & Neutral Zone: Stick to your opponent, don't give him space, when an opponent has the puck keep close and stick infront of him to cause a obstacle and to poke check the ball, always sticklift to get in the players head and to prevent plays.

Offensive zone & Neutral Zone: Move around/give your teammates an option, always keep the stick on the ground and ready for the ball even when least expected, look up and see the ice ahead of you/see what's open and capitalize by knowing where everyone is, don't pass too much (first time forward, might cough it up..), if there's no option just put the ball on net and something is certainly guaranteed to come of it, in neutral zone if you have no option dump the ball to play it safe.

Hope it helps, cheers!

What you want to do is play like vintage Phil Kessel. Skate down the wing and shoot, skate down the other wing and shoot, skate through defenders and shoot, shoot through defenders, shoot around defenders, pretty much avoid passing because we all know your #3 linemates are gonna blow.

When you fail to score or things go wrong always throw your stick, smash it up against the walls and benches and floors and possible your goalies face. Lace this rampage with profanity mainly directed at your linemates sexuality and their mothers.

This is your team, and only you can carry them.

dude it's ball hockey. go have fun, who cares if you make a mistake, it's ball hockey..

thanks for the support but i really cant hit hard compared to other people. I really aint that strong iam one of those weake people.

The only really good thing i can do is have a great acurrate wrist shot like kesler (not comparing myself to kesler and never will).

I going to try to get open infront of the net and if the ball comes to me ill take my wrist shot because i have a stick with 100 flex.

Archived