The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

It's too bad Cederholm can't play in the AHL right now cause he's likely ready.

The Winterhawks are a great development team though, and I'm sure he'll be able to develop an offensive game there.

I am excited about his development over the next few years

The defense part of his game is already good enough, he can add alot more to his offense though. He is still quite a bit away from the NHL, his skating isn't the greatest either.

What I would like to see is Gillis draft another big, young defense tower in the next draft or sign him and pair him with Cederholm. That would make our D alot better. Maybe Liberati?

Tommernes - Corrado

Cederholm - ______

Liberati -

The defense part of his game is already good enough, he can add alot more to his offense though. He is still quite a bit away from the NHL, his skating isn't the greatest either.

What I would like to see is Gillis draft another big, young defense tower in the next draft or sign him and pair him with Cederholm. That would make our D alot better. Maybe Liberati?

Tommernes - Corrado

Cederholm - ______

Liberati -

I'd like to see him play with Yann Sauve to see if Cederholms physicality will help keep Sauve motivated. But the winter hawks will be great for his development

How has he been looking in the prospects tourney? I've been too busy with school to catch the feeds

wasn't much of a factor offensively as expected, but a + player in both games he played. all of our swedish D prospects played solid i thought. i'd go as far as to say out of those three tommernes was best offensively, cederholm was best defensively, and andersson had a decent blend of both.

wasn't much of a factor offensively as expected, but a + player in both games he played. all of our swedish D prospects played solid i thought. i'd go as far as to say out of those three tommernes was best offensively, cederholm was best defensively, and andersson had a decent blend of both.

Thanks, not surprised with that assesment

Sounds about right for me, Tommernes impressed with his skating and O-zone skill and Andersson has always looked like a well rounded d-man without standing out in any area. Cederholm didn't get much of a chance to show off his shot, but was very solid throughout and defended well.

If he wants to take his game up to the next level he needs to have some agility to move the puck around. Corrado is an perfect example, Corrado is a mobile 2 way defensemen which is what i want out of all of our prospect.

One thing that stood out to me alot in the prospect tourney was when Cederholm was at the point he was hesitant to take a shot and would mostly pass it low. Is his shot not good?

If he wants to take his game up to the next level he needs to have some agility to move the puck around. Corrado is an perfect example, Corrado is a mobile 2 way defensemen which is what i want out of all of our prospect.

One thing that stood out to me alot in the prospect tourney was when Cederholm was at the point he was hesitant to take a shot and would mostly pass it low. Is his shot not good?

You need some stay at home d-men as well. Someone who has that physical presence and can clear the crease

thats the thing, never really seen his shot. he's a strong kid, i bet he has a heavy shot. but take into account playing on NA sized ice, and the young stars tournament seemed to be really fast paced. he might not have felt very confident in getting it off fast enough. its not really his game to be the shooter. much harder to recover from a shot gone wrong than a pass.

thats the thing, never really seen his shot. he's a strong kid, i bet he has a heavy shot. but take into account playing on NA sized ice, and the young stars tournament seemed to be really fast paced. he might not have felt very confident in getting it off fast enough. its not really his game to be the shooter. much harder to recover from a shot gone wrong than a pass.

I agree, he may be taking a team first plan by not being "that guy" who just shoots it off the point to hopefully score, when it could get blocked or be an easy save for a turnover.

People really should read the scouting reports on these players.

From the first page:

That looked about right to me where he didn't have much of an opportunity to really step into a shot. He either got it moving in towards the net, or had to pass or shoot quickly so he didn't really get to setup. If he has issues with his release, then it makes sense he doesn't use it as often as he might like.

People really should read the scouting reports on these players.

From the first page:

That looked about right to me where he didn't have much of an opportunity to really step into a shot. He either got it moving in towards the net, or had to pass or shoot quickly so he didn't really get to setup. If he has issues with his release, then it makes sense he doesn't use it as often as he might like.

He can't have his sweet time to take his slapper in the NHL unless it is a 1 on 0 or something maybe set him up for the one timer.

The other point a member made was you need some stay at home defensemens but I don't want our players to be Hal Gills either. Just because they have good skating ability doesn't mean they can't clear the crease. Want to see some more on Cederholm, Subban, Cassels, Mallet and see if they are for real. After all this camp stuff is cleared that is when we can start judging a bit more into players.

Btw, anybody know if camp will be streamed?

• 2 weeks later...

I think he would make if they didn't have a boner for lollipop guild subban

Subban has insane upside. He was leading the Bulls in scoring for a good portion of the season early on. Impressive for a 17 year old rookie defenseman. One he is NHL ready he would be around the same size of JM Liles, I could see him being a similar type player.

Subban has insane upside. He was leading the Bulls in scoring for a good portion of the season early on. Impressive for a 17 year old rookie defenseman. One he is NHL ready he would be around the same size of JM Liles, I could see him being a similar type player.

He could also be Marc-Andre Gragnani part II.

Archived