The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

vcrguy

Booth seems to have this weird problem where he thinks the game like a ten year old kid when it comes to how to use your teammates. I seriously hope he can figure that kind of stuff out, because the guy seems like a major flake sometimes. I have seen the guy play when he is on his game and he has played as well as his salary would indicate in a Canuck uniform (and more) before; but he has had an almost catastrophic run of injuries.

It would be awesome if he was bought out next year or traded to a team. I feel like he's just not the player we thought he was just a disappointment since he's been a canuck. Also I would like to add he would be free up a nice chunk of cash that could be used on a effective topsix player.

Booth has not been the same since his concussion, with only occasional flashes of his former self. I am becoming concerned that Daniel has the same issue.

Only an excuse if you let it.

Sidney Crosby seems to be doing just fine, unless you want to argue he would be breaking all of Gretzky's records right now if it wasn't for the concussion.

I have no problem with him as a person or his religious beliefs but that is my opinion. As a Canucks fan I would like him to figure his game out and make a positive contribution. Sure we only have up Sturm and Samuelson but Gillis put a lot of stock in him being the top 6 power forward we needed and he's taking up a ton of cap space which could have been used for a better free agent of developing a young guy.

Booth hasn't been bad, just very average. He should be in next game, seems like a guy who will respond well to a scratch. Expect to see him flying from his next shift.

Sorry but he has been invisible & that's why he is scratched & will never be in the top 6 in the NHL on any team. I've een saying it forever he is an anchor to our team. Put him in the minors & buy him out at the end of the year & use his cap space for the piece we really need, 3rd line centre. Steve Ott....

I have no problem with him as a person or his religious beliefs but that is my opinion. As a Canucks fan I would like him to figure his game out and make a positive contribution. Sure we only have up Sturm and Samuelson but Gillis put a lot of stock in him being the top 6 power forward we needed and he's taking up a ton of cap space which could have been used for a better free agent of developing a young guy.

alot, lol 4.2 million is a ton & is handicapping our team in the wrong way. do you know what we could have with that money.......

Only an excuse if you let it.

Sidney Crosby seems to be doing just fine, unless you want to argue he would be breaking all of Gretzky's records right now if it wasn't for the concussion.

different people heal differently. Are you arguing every player that ever had a concussion came back and played to the same level as prior to the injury?

Copied and pasted my post on HF because I'm too lazy to rewrite it.

Don't listen to the others. Booth still has the same speed and grit he had pre-concussion. His main problem is that he is just dumb. Incapable of creating plays on his own and requires the use of line-mates that can feed him the puck in situations where he can get his shot off. In Florida he was given the reigns and was the focal point of the line he was on with others creating situations for him.

However, he was brought into Vancouver to be a secondary asset to ride shotgun with Kesler who is in general terms, David Booth with a brain. As soon as they started playing together Kesler realized that Booth was an unreliable teammate and essentially became a puckhog himself out of necessity in order to even TRY to generate some kind of offense. To date the only person he passes to regularly aside from the Sedin's is Higgins. Put this all together and you have the mess of a bottom six forward group we have now.

This is what I think Booth's problem is. He needs to be in the situation we WANT to create for Kesler. Both of these guys require playmaking line-mates in order to succeed. Kesler less so than Booth, which is why he's still got the 2C role on lock.

Archived