The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

most overated and most underated player in the NHL

Cucumber

Over rated: Kessel

Underrated: Our own Santorelli or Stanton.

Non Bias Underrated: Brian Little Winnipeg

agreed kessel is sooo overated and is getting goals on solf teams with average goalies like edm, ott, buf pitsect... and tsn treats him like crosby everygame against van,la, sjs, bos, phx, he is totally useless on the ice and is he is very small

LOOOOOL. This thread is unreal.

You think Kessel is overrated? You don't know crap about him. He's 26 years old and averages 30+ goals a season after his sophomore season. He is a game breaking player and would be a top player on any team he plays including your beloved Vancouver Canucks.

As far as I know the OP asked the most underrated players in the NHL not the Vanoucver Canucks and it's in General Hockey Discussion, but of course Canucks fans think Tanev, Stanton, and Santorelli are the most underrated players in the NHL.

Get off your high horses, Vancouver Canucks have a lot of overrated players and very few underrated.

You think Kessel is overrated? You don't know crap about him. He's 26 years old and averages 30+ goals a season after his sophomore season. He is a game breaking player and would be a top player on any team he plays including your beloved Vancouver Canucks.

As far as I know the OP asked the most underrated players in the NHL not the Vanoucver Canucks and it's in General Hockey Discussion, but of course Canucks fans think Tanev, Stanton, and Santorelli are the most underrated players in the NHL.

Get off your high horses, Vancouver Canucks have a lot of overrated players and very few underrated.

like i said above his goals come against weaker teams with average goalies, as soon as he verses a tougher team like LA, sjs, van,det, he get shutdown and he causes alot of turnovers

basically he is a great player when toronto plays weak teams also he is not built for playoffs think mayray for canucks

You are acting like it was a thread consensus and a hive opinion on kessel. It was a single poster opinion and that was all. So quote him and deal directly with him

And there are some underated canucks. So what if they are listed? This is a canucks site and you are on the wrong forum if you are looking for a completely nonbiased view.

So take your own advice and get off your high horse please.

:bigblush: you stole the sig didn't you??

How is Kessel overrated he can easily score 30 or 40 goals on a Maple Leaf team that doesn't have a legitimate playmaker to feed him the puck (Sedin, St. Louis, Crosby to name a few)

He has speed, hands and a great shot

What more do you want from him

Defence/not being a turnover machine?

I'll do a current CDC trending version though.

Overrated: Kane, Campbell, Voracek, Ott, honourable Canuck mention to Tanev/Corrado

Underrated: Edler, Hansen, Burrows, honourable non-Canuck mention to Erat

Over: Kessel

Under: Vrbata/Cammalleri

...just cause Kessel can score doesn't mean he's not overrated lol. He truly is a 1 dimensional player and couldn't play defense if his life depended on it. All he has is a noise for the net and even then, he usually is a streaky player and has his slumps and ups. Guy is such a slouch and now adding his new contract, I personally thing he's the most hyped guy out there. And he does have a playmaker in Lupul but though he might not be the best, he is efficient and effective.

Archived