The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks not out yet

Canuckseeesh

Yes but we are talking about three years ago. The Sedins were in their prime. Daniel was scoring 30 goals a season. Kesler was hitting 40.

What MG didn't grasp is the fact that players do decline. He gave Daniel Sedin a 4 yr 7mil contract when it was clear that he hasn't been the same since the Keith hit.

The Canucks is a business, Gillis has to run it like a business. He better hope and pray that the Sedins(not so worried about Hank as he's purely a set up man) hit the ground running next season else Gillis will be fired during it.

I don't think I've ever heard someone who actually has significant experience in business say this sort of thing. Good businessmen know that the people aspect is one of the most important drivers of success. Shrewd calculations only get you so far. At some point you have to put your faith in somebody.

I don't think I've ever heard someone who actually has significant experience in business say this sort of thing. Good businessmen know that the people aspect is one of the most important drivers of success. Shrewd calculations only get you so far. At some point you have to put your faith in somebody.

Finally, someone that makes sense.

Looking at other teams schedules and ours, I see it this way

8-0 stretch : we have a good chance

7-1 stretch: we have a good chance

6-2 stretch: it's a chance but slim at best

3 losses : it's over

We play Anaheim twice and la . Need to win one or 2 games otherwise it's done.

If I ever need to get pissed off about anything, I'll just come here and fuel my rage.

Are you people fans or business men?

Screw the top 10 prospect if we get in the playoffs.

I want a cup, not a draft pick.

This is the Canucks forum:

Save St. Louis,have not beaten one contending team since 2013.

Have not won three games in a row in the last three months.

27th pp in the league.

28th in team shooting %.

28th in goals per game.

You want a cup and not a draft pick.

Good luck with that.

Nobody thought our team back in 82 had what it would take to make it through the first round, and look what happened? NOBODY imagined what that team was about to pull off through that run. If our boys can pull a miracle out and make the final spot, anything is possible. The regular season means s*** all and a new one begins on April 16th.

Seat belts on this bandwagon are still and always will be firmly fastened.

For the record, the 82 Canucks won their first 3 rounds of the playoffs beating teams who had worse records than them during the season. It was less about upsetting superior teams and more about about having better teams lose out before they played them. IN fact, the Canucks would have been favorites in each series they won.

For the record, the 82 Canucks won their first 3 rounds of the playoffs beating teams who had worse records than them during the season. It was less about upsetting superior teams and more about about having better teams lose out before they played them. IN fact, the Canucks would have been favorites in each series they won.

The 1982 run doesn't exist except for the fact the Oilers magically disappeared from the playoffs in the first round.

I find the whole '1.3%, 2%' etc thing exceedingly stupid tbh.

In the real world, teams sometimes go on 3 or 4 game winning or losing streaks.

A 3 game Phoenix/Dallas losing streak, and a 3 game Canucks win streak, and we're looking at pretty even odds.

Stranger things have happened. You never know - that's why it's absolutely essential to keep pushing every game until a team is literally out of it.

Haha, math and probabilities are stupid. Who needs those things...

You, like math, are boring.

Good thing the real world is exempt from probabilities and math.

Thank God because that stuff is sure boring.

What does your EXCITING analysis tell you about our playoff chances now?

Good thing the real world is exempt from probabilities and math.

Thank God because that stuff is sure boring.

What does your EXCITING analysis tell you about our playoff chances now?

Since your reading comprehension is so exceedingly weak, let me explain this with a very simple example for you so you might be able to grasp the point.

The Toronto Maple Leafs have a 5.7% chance of a wild card spot.

On March 13, yes, merely 17 days ago, the Leafs chances of making the playoffs were 89.7%.

"Amazingly (or maybe not so amazingly considering the team’s recent history of collapses), it was just over two weeks ago, after Toronto beat Los Angeles on Mar. 13, that the Leafs’ chances were at 89.7 percent."

After 6 straight losses, it fell to 29.2%. That was two days ago, before the Philly game.

And now it sits at 5.7%.

That's what an 8 game losing streak will do for you - and that was the exceedingly simple point that you couldn't quite figure out.

So what did their 89.7% chance of making the playoffs really mean? Well, not very much.

Nice effort to combine some weak, out of context hindsighting with an impotent troll attempt though.

Since your reading comprehension is so exceedingly weak, let me explain this with a very simple example for you so you might be able to grasp the point.

The Toronto Maple Leafs have a 5.7% chance of a wild card spot.

On March 13, yes, merely 17 days ago, the Leafs chances of making the playoffs were 89.7%.

"Amazingly (or maybe not so amazingly considering the team’s recent history of collapses), it was just over two weeks ago, after Toronto beat Los Angeles on Mar. 13, that the Leafs’ chances were at 89.7 percent."

After 6 straight losses, it fell to 29.2%. That was two days ago, before the Philly game.

And now it sits at 5.7%.

That's what an 8 game losing streak will do for you - and that was the exceedingly simple point that you couldn't quite figure out.

So what did their 89.7% chance of making the playoffs really mean? Well, not very much.

Nice effort to combine some weak, out of context hindsighting with an impotent troll attempt though.

I would suggest it's a whole lot easier to lose ground than gain it. They were done at the deadline and more moves should have been made then for the future of the franchise.

I would suggest it's a whole lot easier to lose ground than gain it. They were done at the deadline and more moves should have been made then for the future of the franchise.

Look at it from the leading team's perspective then - which was the point I made earlier in this thread, that if a team like Phoenix went on a 3 or 4 game losing streak, which actually happens in the NHL, then... one bad week and those odds can change very dramatically.

The Leafs case makes it exceedingly clear - and Detroit was the trailer - and it only took a 6-3-1 stretch for them to gain 11 points on the Laffs.

Of course, the Canucks on the other hand are 5-4-1 over a stretch where the teams they are chasing have maintained or bettered their pace.

But your point that more moves should have been made at the deadline is a poor one when you take the context of the seller's market at the deadline into consideration.

Archived