The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Tryamkin comes back next season, does he get a new deal?  How much would he get, and for how long?  

TBD.   Stay tuned for Season 2 of the Tryaminator ;)  ... is there a lid in this world that will fit that bean? IMG_0164.thumb.PNG.d1bddeb2796eb03b1253dfd9c685f17b.PNG

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Hypothetically if he did, I don't think we should commit to hard or long on him.  With no certainty that he will stay for a second round, you try to find a happy medium.  I'd be okay at around 2.5-3 mil range for a few years.  Anything higher than that, he would need to prove his loyalty to stay by playing out that contract faithfully.

I don't get this statement? He played out his last contract faithfully. Why wouldn't he play out the next one? In fact I think he even mentioned in his last interview that he wants to honor any contract he signs. 
I really don't think it's about the money, he wants a guarantee that he will be treated fairly and told honestly what he has to do to get a bigger role.

• Upvote 1

I really see a lot of potential in Tryamkin to maybe become as good as a number 2 defenceman on a good team.  Like Pouliot, he isn't diminished at all playing on his off side and I think he has a lot more to give carrying the puck and offensively - never mind clearing the trash out from around home plate.

12 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

Obviously you have not read the whole conversation. The previous poster (Boudrias) stated he had never heard the story about Tryamkin being asked to play like Pronger. All I did was provide him the link to the story. At no point did I say I believed Botchford or that it actually happened. I simply stated that the story was out there and provided the link to the story. Are we done yet?!

Good straw man response.

We are done when you accept it is only natural that ANY coach would expect a 6'-7" 250+lbs defender to play a physical aggressive game - especially when despite what that idiot Botchford said, the videos obviously show he is not opposed to aggressive play when it suits him. All the coach wanted was consistency.

3 hours ago, Brobidus said:

I don't get this statement? He played out his last contract faithfully. Why wouldn't he play out the next one? In fact I think he even mentioned in his last interview that he wants to honor any contract he signs. 
I really don't think it's about the money, he wants a guarantee that he will be treated fairly and told honestly what he has to do to get a bigger role.

It seems to me he only wants to be told "honestly" what to do "to get a bigger role"when doing it suits him. He was asked to be more consistently aggressive in such an "honest" way that he was even shown videos of one of the greatest defenders of the modern era to help him see how much better he could become.

No one really knows if indeed he did resent being shown the videos and being asked to become more consistently aggressive but it is certainly one of the lame reasons given for his departure by the likes of Botchford

3 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Good straw man response.

We are done when you accept it is only natural that ANY coach would expect a 6'-7" 250+lbs defender to play a physical aggressive game - especially when despite what that idiot Botchford said, the videos obviously show he is not opposed to aggressive play when it suits him. All the coach wanted was consistency.

Look I am not arguing the point that he should be a physical defenseman and use his size but the post I made simply was to point out that there was a rumour they asked him to play 'mean and dirty' like Pronger used to. I am not arguing that Pronger was a great great defenseman, only that some people (such as Botchford) were claiming he didn't want to be a vicious dirty player and that it was rumoured this was one reason he left. everybody thinks I am defending Botchford when all I was saying is 'yes I had heard the rumour he was unhappy about being asked to play like an ass...' 

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Good straw man response.

11 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Look I am not arguing the point that he should be a physical defenseman and use his size but the post I made simply was to point out that there was a rumour they asked him to play 'mean and dirty' like Pronger used to. I am not arguing that Pronger was a great great defenseman, only that some people (such as Botchford) were claiming he didn't want to be a vicious dirty player and that it was rumoured this was one reason he left. everybody thinks I am defending Botchford when all I was saying is 'yes I had heard the rumour he was unhappy about being asked to play like an ass...' 

11A602C8-25DA-441B-8AB9-68149E748FF4.gif

• Cheers 4

40 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Fair enough.

I find the best thing is never to quote Botchford - ever. He has no connection to the truth.

People like him put their own twisted and rotten slant on everything Canucks related in order to get attention. The trouble is there are so many gullible (I'm not referring to you) fans who know so little about the game and worse still have so little faith in the team/organisation they support, they are willing to swallow his poison like it was koolaid and pollute the atmosphere of Vancouver with it. Suddenly it becomes the truth.

Hopefully one day when we win the Cup people like him will be consigned to the garbage heap or better still run out of town.

14 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Fair enough.

I find the best thing is never to quote Botchford - ever. He has no connection to the truth.

People like him put their own twisted and rotten slant on everything Canucks related in order to get attention. The trouble is there are so many gullible (I'm not referring to you) fans who know so little about the game and worse still have so little faith in the team/organisation they support, they are willing to swallow his poison like it was koolaid and pollute the atmosphere of Vancouver with it. Suddenly it becomes the truth.

Hopefully one day when we win the Cup people like him will be consigned to the garbage heap or better still run out of town.

Thank you. Sorry for my profanity laced tirade yesterday. Had a very horrible day and didn't mean to take it out on you.

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

It seems to me he only wants to be told "honestly" what to do "to get a bigger role"when doing it suits him. He was asked to be more consistently aggressive in such an "honest" way that he was even shown videos of one of the greatest defenders of the modern era to help him see how much better he could become.

No one really knows if indeed he did resent being shown the videos and being asked to become more consistently aggressive but it is certainly one of the lame reasons given for his departure by the likes of Botchford

You never responded to my initial question.
But I'll continue. He is Russian, he has a code of honor, what if he doesn't want to play that way? Coming out every game only to get your hits and fights in?
Being shown videos of Pronger being aggressive doesn't exactly piss a hockey player off, there's no reason for him to resent being shown video. But If you watched him play in the KHL and then the NHL, you'd notice that he has played much more aggressively, so he did take the information in. But if it's not the style he wants to play, then why force the guy? He has other talents. Tryamkin is not Pronger, so why make him play like Pronger? Why not ask Hutton to play like Pronger? Or Stecher? 

And I want further elaboration on the first sentence. He wants to be told what to do to get a bigger role? 
Are you saying he was given an ultimatum, do this or else suffer the low time? What kind of coach would do that. He wanted to be given clear goals, goals that suit his game, not Prongers. Is proper communication such a hard and difficult thing to ask for? 

16 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Fair enough.

Say what you want about Botchford, but he has access to information that many other people don't have. Sometimes the odd article will have something great in it, and that alone is worth the read. 
Botchford is a fan of the team, he gives his take on his own opinion. It's hardly truth. Often times he notices things that others don't. He opens discussion. He is just like every other blogger of the team. They all have their opinions. They all open discussion, and I think they're all worth listening to. Like... read many media outlets and then make your own decision/opinion on things. 

Big Nik working on his PIM stats as he was assessed 27 minutes in today’s game. Got 5 and a game for “tripping” (which usually means a slew foot) and another 2 for slashing.

Avto ended up losing him for the last 5 minutes of regulation and then all of OT, eventually falling 2-1 in the shootout.

Despite the penalties, Tryamkin still played 19+ minutes, 4 SOG, 3 blocks, 3 hits, plus those 27 PIM.

49 minutes ago, Brobidus said:

You never responded to my initial question.
But I'll continue. He is Russian, he has a code of honor, what if he doesn't want to play that way? Coming out every game only to get your hits and fights in?
Being shown videos of Pronger being aggressive doesn't exactly piss a hockey player off, there's no reason for him to resent being shown video. But If you watched him play in the KHL and then the NHL, you'd notice that he has played much more aggressively, so he did take the information in. But if it's not the style he wants to play, then why force the guy? He has other talents. Tryamkin is not Pronger, so why make him play like Pronger? Why not ask Hutton to play like Pronger? Or Stecher? 

And I want further elaboration on the first sentence. He wants to be told what to do to get a bigger role? 
Are you saying he was given an ultimatum, do this or else suffer the low time? What kind of coach would do that. He wanted to be given clear goals, goals that suit his game, not Prongers. Is proper communication such a hard and difficult thing to ask for? 

Say what you want about Botchford, but he has access to information that many other people don't have. Sometimes the odd article will have something great in it, and that alone is worth the read. 
Botchford is a fan of the team, he gives his take on his own opinion. It's hardly truth. Often times he notices things that others don't. He opens discussion. He is just like every other blogger of the team. They all have their opinions. They all open discussion, and I think they're all worth listening to. Like... read many media outlets and then make your own decision/opinion on things. 

That line alone is probably why I ignored your question. You are another one who seems to think you know what Tryamkin was asked to do.

I can't remember what your question was but I try to ignore Tryamkin and Botchford apologists. You don't come to a place of work and start nit picking what aspects you are prepared to carry out.

11 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

That line alone is probably why I ignored your question. You are another one who seems to think you know what Tryamkin was asked to do.

I can't remember what your question was but I try to ignore Tryamkin and Botchford apologists. You don't come to a place of work and start nit picking what aspects you are prepared to carry out.

Coming from the guy who mentions the straw man fallacy!

Reading some of the posts in thread, how do some of you move on from a GF (or BF for that matter)?   The kid wasn't going to choose the NHL over his new bride and was so homesick he didn't even try to play for a real KHL team, he went right back to his hometown and the most familiar situation he could find.    He has moved on from you (for now?  who knows) - healthier if it is mutual.   

• Cheers 1