The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

7 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

It's always hilarious to see the double standards applied here. 

Canadian player wants to return to his hometown, happier to be closer to family, willing to take a hometown discount = Good ol' Canadian kid.

Russian player wants to return to his hometown, happier to be closer to family, willing to take a hometown discount = Typical entitled, greedy Russian who can't cut it in the NHL.  

Well said.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

While I would not mind some gargantuan freak D on this team like tryamkin, his mediocre skill level is not a make or break for this team.

If you think otherwise then......

.....well, I don't even know what to say.  Third pairing D are easy to find. Half decent second pairing D a bit harder. Not sure which he would be coming back to the NHL after wasting him time in the khl. Not working out properly, being out of shape again possibly.  But yeah...whatever lol.

Your very talented to be able to find the ceiling of potential on a 22 yr old rookie in the NHL that played -maybe - 60 games, and may I add his first year on the smaller ice surface... perhaps your an expert?

Edited by SilentSam

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Mediocre?  He would arguably be one of the top 5 skaters on this team.  Has a ridiculous reach.  Players bounce off of him harder than they do Virtanen and while his skill set isn't where it should be yet, the guy played like 40 games or less and was one of the most dominant forces on the ice

But ya...whatever...lol?

Hahaha. Yeah ok. A top 5 skater on this team.

EP

Horvat

Boeser

Virtanen

Roussel

Motte

Edler

Seriously...tell me who he beats out as a skater.

Hahaha.....Come on.

10 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

EP

Horvat

Boeser

Virtanen

Roussel

Motte

Edler

Hahaha.....Come on.

You....really don't have a clue what you're talking about do you?

You think Boeser is a good skater....that's amusing.  He's awkward, like incredibly awkward.  

He's a better skater than anyone on that list not named Virtanen.  His size and skating ability and even his edge work put him in the top 5 on this team.  If you'd actually watched him play consistently you'd understand that

If you think otherwise then....

lol

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

EP

Horvat

Boeser

Virtanen

Roussel

Motte

Edler

Hahaha.....Come on.

You must have blinked..

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

EP

Horvat

Boeser

Virtanen

Roussel

Motte

Edler

Hahaha.....Come on.

Boeser is a great player but his skating is his downfall. He isn't a good skater. The rest I'd agree with, except I'd say he's on par with Edler. His size and mobility are pretty rare and combined with his reach, he can cover a ton of ice quickly.  

I don't understand why you take him leaving so personally. He was just looking out for his family and not trying hurt you.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You think Boeser is a good skater....that's amusing.  He's awkward, like incredibly awkward.  

He's a better skater than anyone on that list not named Virtanen.  His size and skating ability and even his edge work put him in the top 5 on this team.  If you'd actually watched him play consistently you'd understand that

lol

Sorry dude, but no way.   

Why are all you guys over hyping him?   

He was a good skater, for a huge guy.

Nothing magical by any means.  

I agree Boeser isn’t a great skater, but no way does he make top 5 best skater on our current team.    

For real though...

why all the over romanticizing?   

He is a decent skater, a strong but inaccurate shot that take a couple weeks to get off.   Fair passing, slow decision making. 

Didnt use his size close to as much as he should.   

Yes, he was young and promising, but let’s not forget he is wasting very important development years in a league that he was able to slack through and play out of shape.  

Would it be cool to have him back?  

Maybe.  Probably.  

Is it a big deal if he doesn’t?  

No.   He can suck an egg. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Sorry dude, but no way.   

Why are all you guys over hyping him?   

He was a good skater, for a huge guy.

Nothing magical by any means.  

I agree Boeser isn’t a great skater, but no way does he make top 5 best skater on our current team.    

For real though...

why all the over romanticizing?   

He is a decent skater, a strong but inaccurate shot that take a couple weeks to get off.   Fair passing, slow decision making. 

Didnt use his size close to as much as he should.   

Yes, he was young and promising, but let’s not forget he is wasting very important development years in a league that he was able to slack through and play out of shape.  

Would it be cool to have him back?  

Maybe.  Probably.  

Is it a big deal if he doesn’t?  

No.   He can suck an egg. 

Another expert stepping up..

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sweathog said:

(It won't let me quote your post for some reason so I'll just respond.)

I'll lay it out simply for you:

I want this team to win the cup first and foremost. Imo to do that we not only need talented players, but we also need these players to have strong character. The actions of Tryamkin in his full season here, and his decision to leave has caused me to question his character quite frankly. Just like a lot of people on these boards questioned Jake's when he was sent down to Utica. Jake however has displayed the type of character I like to see on this team by rallying and working his way back to the lineup, unlike Nikita.

Sounds like the kid 'broke my heart?'

Hardly lol, nice try though. If he went back to Russia because he's homesick, then I hope he's happy. And I wish him the best of luck. If he left because of ice time and those character issues, then we dodged a bullet AFAIC. So either way it's a win-win for me, no broken hearts over here ;)

You're questioning his character, yet have you ever moved across the world to a country you know nothing about, can barely speak the language (so you probably have a tough time even understanding your boss), have a wife that is about to have a kid, who cant speak the language, you have no support from your company and you're learning how to work in the new organization (ie expectations of being in elite shape vs Russia).

When you've done that, let us know about 'your character' guy.....a bit of a leap when you've never experienced what he did.

Not to mention, he didn't break his contract, he lived up to it, and most people here, objectively saw a player really growing over that time. Once his contract is up, just like anyone on this planet, he has a choice of where he wants to work. For now, it wasn't here....it doesn't mean he doesn't have character, it means he's doing right by his family given the reasons he provided.

You sound butthurt bro, really. So if your boss is treating you like crap, you're in another country, all of the above (culture shock, language,etc), you're telling me you wouldn't think about going home and reconsidering your decision?

Give me a break

Oh and as for character, seems he is an assistant captain and interim C on his team. Says alot to me. You're projecting what you think happened vs reality, then complaining about it.

He lived up to his contract. If you believe players HAVE to stay with the team that drafted them for life, even after their contract is up, well I guess you think every UFA who leaves to another team has no character. Absurd. It's their right.

Edited by 40Dangles
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Another entitled  Russian ,really! Trade his rights get a pick and move on.

Entitled? to what? Entitled because he chose to play out his contract and not re-sign and go home for personal reasons? Yes he's entitled to do that since he lived up to his contract and didn't sign a new one. Thus he was entitled to do as he pleased.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

lol

He may be stronger on his feet then EP but EP is probably the better overall skater between him and Tram

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

The actions of Tryamkin in his full season here, and his decision to leave has caused me to question his character quite frankly”.

To quote you above,.   Do you not think that Benning realized the issues at hand and got to the root of where those issues came from?

I will leave you with your simple and almost cliche’ ick opinion of a player.. 

But your patronage of a “Coach can do no wrong” or have no influence over a player is laughable.

Obviously it did not go unseen by upper Management and possibly ownership.. especially When they did offer the player a new 2 year deal..  

and the back door to the Coach... Obviously Upper Management questioned the Character of the Coach,  and the Player.. they tried to keep the player because they wanted him,.  Not the Coach.

Kapeesh??

Now if that’s not “laying it out simply” for you,. I might suggest you put down your kaleidoscope.

Jake in his rookie year even questioned WD.. went to Utica.

...Not unlike Tryamkin in his rookie year, but in a new country, needed to regroup and take the step back to people and a team he trusted.

My opinion on all of this:

I truly believe that Benning wanted to get rid of Desjardins around the Christmas before the end of the season  that he was fired in.

Besides WD’s deployment issues, his favoritisim of some players and poor handling of others was clearly evident.

Benning saw this.. practically all of the CDC talked about it.

I truly believe that Linden protected Desjardins from that firing happening before the end of that Season.

The one we lost Tryamkin’s trust in.

The rest is history..  2 men got Fired.

and we still have a great looking prospect who might one day come back to this Team. :towel:

Looks like we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this issue. Which is fine to me, you have your point of view and I have mine, and I can respect the fact that you have a different opinion than me.

But to be clear, I don't think that Willie could do no wrong. I even acknowledged in a previous post to you that he made his share of mistakes.

Could he come back and prove me wrong? Absolutely, I have my opinion but am fully aware of the possibility that I could be wrong. And if he does in fact do that then I will happily admit to that fact. But the reasons I've stated earlier has raised some red flags for me, I believe those misgivings are justified, and I have the right to say so. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but only time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, 40Dangles said:

You're questioning his character, yet have you ever moved across the world to a country you know nothing about, can barely speak the language (so you probably have a tough time even understanding your boss), have a wife that is about to have a kid, who cant speak the language, you have no support from your company and you're learning how to work in the new organization (ie expectations of being in elite shape vs Russia).

When you've done that, let us know about 'your character' guy.....a bit of a leap when you've never experienced what he did.

Not to mention, he didn't break his contract, he lived up to it, and most people here, objectively saw a player really growing over that time. Once his contract is up, just like anyone on this planet, he has a choice of where he wants to work. For now, it wasn't here....it doesn't mean he doesn't have character, it means he's doing right by his family given the reasons he provided.

You sound butthurt bro, really. So if your boss is treating you like crap, you're in another country, all of the above (culture shock, language,etc), you're telling me you wouldn't think about going home and reconsidering your decision?

Give me a break

Oh and as for character, seems he is an assistant captain and interim C on his team. Says alot to me. You're projecting what you think happened vs reality, then complaining about it.

He lived up to his contract. If you believe players HAVE to stay with the team that drafted them for life, even after their contract is up, well I guess you think every UFA who leaves to another team has no character. Absurd. It's their right.

I never once said that playing over here was supposed to be easy for Tryamkin. Nor did I ever insinuate that he broke his contract, or that he didn't have the right to leave after his contract was over.

For reasons I've already said, I have doubts about his character and I haven't changed my mind. That's my opinion, and I have a right to that opinion.

You know nothing about me, about what I have experienced or not experienced in life, so don't even begin to think that you do. Butthurt?! Lol, someone triggered because of a different opinion, looks like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sweathog said:

I never once said that playing over here was supposed to be easy for Tryamkin. Nor did I ever insinuate that he broke his contract, or that he didn't have the right to leave after his contract was over.

For reasons I've already said, I have doubts about his character and I haven't changed my mind. That's my opinion, and I have a right to that opinion.

You know nothing about me, about what I have experienced or not experienced in life, so don't even begin to think that you do. Butthurt?! Lol, someone triggered because of a different opinion, looks like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

Not triggered at all, sorry not a snowflake...call it like I see it

Funny comment from Tryamkin regarding Daria Mironova, the assistant coach for the Kharlamov division team in the recent KHL All Star games:

"She called me wardrobe (шкаф)? I don't mind this - look at me, I am wardrobe. I have a real wardrobe at home exactly my size".

• Haha 2

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:21 PM, Alflives said:

Why the “Mouseketeer” suits?  

Only four All Star selected players from Avto were in the mouseketeer suits, probably that was idea from one of them - French player Da Costa. Again, Avto is going to play in Paris, France in November... And the novel "The Three Musketeers" by Alexandre Dumas is so popular in Russia...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sweathog said:

You may have your “opinion”on Tryamkin,.  your “reasons” to doubt his character... 

So what is it you know about Tryamkin, about what he has experienced or not experienced in life, how can you even begin to think that you do?

In your World,.  How does life not effect anyone else but you, where you can have an opinion of others on their character,      

But they can not have their opinion of you?

Are you sensing the hypocrisy..? 

Perhaps the pick-axe has hit the root of negativity.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

You may have your “opinion”on Tryamkin,.  your “reasons” to doubt his character... 

So what is it you know about Tryamkin, about what he has experienced or not experienced in life, how can you even begin to think that you do?

In your World,.  How does life not effect anyone else but you, where you can have an opinion of others on their character,      

But they can not have their opinion of you?

Are you sensing the hypocrisy..? 

Perhaps the pick-axe has hit the root of negativity.

Nice strawman there ;)

When did I ever say that I can say what I want about others, but they can't do the same to me? When did I ever say that nobody was allowed to hold an opinion different from mine?

The reason I said that to that poster is he said what he said without any factual knowledge about my life one way or the other.

My comments, right or wrong, are based on things that did happen however. He did show up here out of shape, he did refuse a conditioning stint in Utica, he did sign in Russia and he did make those comments about leaving because of lack of minutes. But apparently I committed the unimaginable crime of suggesting that mabye, just mabye, he MIGHT be the kind of player we don't want on this team? I've even stated  a couple of times that I'm open to the fact that I could be wrong.

Hypocrisy? Oh please lol, there's no hypocrisy here. For some reason however you're now using strawman tactics and ad hominems against me for.....why exactly?? For holding a less than ideal opinion of a player you're a big fan of? Wow dude, just wow, I don't know what to say to that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1