The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

given some of the comments he's made, I think the writing is on the wall that he's likely not coming back to Van, maybe not the NHL.  He comes off as very entitled and high maintenance and I'm not sure JB would take him back even if he did want to return. 

An open letter to Jim Benning

Hi Jim

I have been an open supporter of you and your direction over the past 5 years. I have not always agreed with every decision you have made, but over all, I have been please with your moves.

I, as a Canuck fan recognize that not all hockey related moves pan out, and that sometimes there are things that once placed in motion, need to just run their course. I think of your signing of Loui Eriksson as a move that at the time, looked great on paper, and that has had questionable results. (although, Loui has played well defensively). But this is not the reason I have contacted you.

Jim, many of us here on CDC, have been uncomfortable with the sudden departure of Nikita Tryamkin, and although it has been several years since he departed, it feels like he was ripped from us, without an adequate explanation. Now, we understand, that there may have been many reasons, but I believe that, ultimately, your explanation was short on facts, and that we deserve better.

Further more, many of us hope for Tryamkin's return (sooner rather than later) and would like to hear your plans to bring him back, including any chance of a buyout from his Russian clubs contract to bring him back next year. Now, I understand that it may be un-ethical towards his current club, but I believe there are ways in which you can address this to our fans, including letting us know if you have maintained direct contract with him, and his views on a early return.

For me Jim, some "meat" would be acceptable, in putting this to rest, and would be very much appreciated.

Thank you Sincerely

A loyal fan

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Slegr said:

The closer the Canucks get to the possibility of playoffs this season, the more I wish it was possible for Tryamkin to somehow join them. 
Is it at all possible for him to sign with them this spring? (i.e. if he's bought out of his remaining KHL contract, and assuming he'd actually go for it?)

He would be such an incredible addition for any kind of post-season run. 

From what I understand, is that when the current season is complete ( reg or playoff hockey) a player in the KHL can buy out the remainder of his contract with his club.

Through these threads it sounds like Nik is making just over 1m USD per.  (Happy to be corrected on that btw)

His current and hometown club is Avtomobilist.  His team may be heavily favoured to at least reach the KHL Final this season.. so the possibility that Nik is playing in the playoffs KHL when the NHL starts theirs is high.

The possibility that Tryamkin could be an incredible addition to the Canucks next season exists...

i would say the probability of that is 50/50.

Edited by SilentSam

47 minutes ago, Slegr said:

The closer the Canucks get to the possibility of playoffs this season, the more I wish it was possible for Tryamkin to somehow join them. 
Is it at all possible for him to sign with them this spring? (i.e. if he's bought out of his remaining KHL contract, and assuming he'd actually go for it?)

He would be such an incredible addition for any kind of post-season run. 

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

given some of the comments he's made, I think the writing is on the wall that he's likely not coming back to Van, maybe not the NHL.  He comes off as very entitled and high maintenance and I'm not sure JB would take him back even if he did want to return. 

Below is a recent interveiw with Tryamkin,  our good friend “Stierlitz” translated the interview a couple of pages back on this thread.

On 1/13/2019 at 2:23 PM,  Stierlitz said: 

There was a large interview with Tryamkin recently (Jan 10): https://realnoevremya.ru/articles/125416-intervyu-s-nikitoy-tryamkinym

Most questions were about the Avto successful season in the KHL, I am going to translate some related to Canucks (nothing new were actually said except that Tryamkin indirectly admitted that this was tough year for his wife in Vancouver):

Q: You have returned to the KHL after getting permanent position with Vancouver. Why? Was not sure if Vancouver would need you?

A: Perhaps mostly that was desire to play hockey, get more ice time. I wanted to play more - that was the main reason. Some people say that I run away or was dismissed by the team. No, I was offered 2-year contract. But I returned because I wanted to play more hockey. And I returned to my home team.

Q: But you played about 16 minutes in Vancouver. Was not that good enough?

A: This is quite mediocre time, first of all. I was not satisfied. I don't want to go deep in the past but this was my decision at that time - return to play hockey.

Q: Did some financial consideration play role there?

A: No. Trust me, I did not win financially by going back. Almost the same financial situation.

Q: You told about your family among other reasons. Did you wife want to go home?

A: My wife always supports me. She is always with me whatever decision I make. Homesickness is always felt, especially in the first year. If we stay longer (in Vancouver), this would be easier down the road perhaps. If we talk about the NHL now, this would be completely different story.

Q: You have a little more than year remaining in your contract. Do you think about your future - stay in the KHL or return to the NHL?

A: I don't even know what is going to happen tomorrow. 1.5 year is quite a long period of time. That is why I believe there is no point right now to discuss my preferences and desire. We will see when the contract is over.

Q: In one of his interview Andrey Pedan said that he was frustrated when it took him so long to get to the NHL through the AHL but Tryamkin came and started playing right away.

A: I don't think this complaint should be directed at me. I agree with Andrey, this was frustrating for him that I came (to the NHL) and got ice time four games later. Two defencemen got injured at that time. Otherwise my debut could be postponed for couple more games. Again I understand Andrey. Perhaps he should talk to the coach.

Q: What do you think about the common opinion that Russian players are getting special treatment in Vancouver? This club is called almost anti-Russian.

A: I don't think that this is some sort of anti-Russian team. Bure and Larionov did not have problem while playing there. They both have had excellent careers. Kolya Goldobin is playing pretty good in the top 6 right now. Regarding me, this could go differently if I played more. But what happened, happened and I don't see anything bad about this.

• Cheers 2

Wasn't it Doug MacLean who referred to the KHL as a 'rec hockey, no contact league'? I nearly laughed my self off the recliner. I doubt he is coming back. He can make good money in Russia and be close to family, nothing wrong with that. I suspect an Olympic gold medal is more important than a Stanley Cup and maybe he will get that shot.   

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Below is a recent interveiw with Tryamkin,  our good friend “Stierlitz” translated the interview a couple of pages back on this thread.

On 1/13/2019 at 2:23 PM,  Stierlitz said: 

There was a large interview with Tryamkin recently (Jan 10): https://realnoevremya.ru/articles/125416-intervyu-s-nikitoy-tryamkinym

Most questions were about the Avto successful season in the KHL, I am going to translate some related to Canucks (nothing new were actually said except that Tryamkin indirectly admitted that this was tough year for his wife in Vancouver):

Q: You have returned to the KHL after getting permanent position with Vancouver. Why? Was not sure if Vancouver would need you?

A: Perhaps mostly that was desire to play hockey, get more ice time. I wanted to play more - that was the main reason. Some people say that I run away or was dismissed by the team. No, I was offered 2-year contract. But I returned because I wanted to play more hockey. And I returned to my home team.

Q: But you played about 16 minutes in Vancouver. Was not that good enough?

A: This is quite mediocre time, first of all. I was not satisfied. I don't want to go deep in the past but this was my decision at that time - return to play hockey.

Q: Did some financial consideration play role there?

A: No. Trust me, I did not win financially by going back. Almost the same financial situation.

This dispels my opinion that there may have been an under bid for services, That is how I read it anyways

Q: You told about your family among other reasons. Did you wife want to go home?

A: My wife always supports me. She is always with me whatever decision I make. Homesickness is always felt, especially in the first year. If we stay longer (in Vancouver), this would be easier down the road perhaps. If we talk about the NHL now, this would be completely different story.

To me, this says that him and his wife have discussed this a lot, and are much more prepared to come and make a life over here. That is what I read out of that comment.

Q: You have a little more than year remaining in your contract. Do you think about your future - stay in the KHL or return to the NHL?

A: I don't even know what is going to happen tomorrow. 1.5 year is quite a long period of time. That is why I believe there is no point right now to discuss my preferences and desire. We will see when the contract is over.

This means to me that he is not prepared to come back early and will look at it in a year...…..fair enough!

Q: In one of his interview Andrey Pedan said that he was frustrated when it took him so long to get to the NHL through the AHL but Tryamkin came and started playing right away.

A: I don't think this complaint should be directed at me. I agree with Andrey, this was frustrating for him that I came (to the NHL) and got ice time four games later. Two defencemen got injured at that time. Otherwise my debut could be postponed for couple more games. Again I understand Andrey. Perhaps he should talk to the coach.

Q: What do you think about the common opinion that Russian players are getting special treatment in Vancouver? This club is called almost anti-Russian.

A: I don't think that this is some sort of anti-Russian team. Bure and Larionov did not have problem while playing there. They both have had excellent careers. Kolya Goldobin is playing pretty good in the top 6 right now. Regarding me, this could go differently if I played more. But what happened, happened and I don't see anything bad about this.

Interesting how there would be that perception out there....probably reading too much HF Boards

Thanks for re-posting this SS

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

This dispels my opinion that there may have been an under bid for services, That is how I read it anyways

To me, this says that him and his wife have discussed this a lot, and are much more prepared to come and make a life over here. That is what I read out of that comment.

This means to me that he is not prepared to come back early and will look at it in a year...…..fair enough!

Interesting how there would be that perception out there....probably reading too much FB Boards

Thanks for re-posting this SS

If Nik really wants to come back to the NHL it has to come through the Canucks, they hold his rights indefinitely at this point. So its either with us, or Jim gets a good offer for him. Either way its up to the Canucks in the end. 

I do think it has become a little bit riskier now to sign him to a multi-year deal, since he left the league had already gotten faster and I wonder if he can keep up for the 20 minutes per night he seems to want? its not a simple thing anymore to just bring him back, we don't know how he will do, and we'd have to protect him and risk losing someone else to Seattle because you know they'd pick him just for the hype. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If Nik really wants to come back to the NHL it has to come through the Canucks, they hold his rights indefinitely at this point. So its either with us, or Jim gets a good offer for him. Either way its up to the Canucks in the end. 

I do think it has become a little bit riskier now to sign him to a multi-year deal, since he left the league had already gotten faster and I wonder if he can keep up for the 20 minutes per night he seems to want? its not a simple thing anymore to just bring him back, we don't know how he will do, and we'd have to protect him and risk losing someone else to Seattle because you know they'd pick him just for the hype. 

If we brought him back this moment, he would be at least our third best defenseman, hands down. The guy can skate, destroy people with his hits and size, and has a fantastic reach. As much as Hutton has improved, and as steady as Stetcher is this season, they still aren't on the same page as him. And Guddy is great as bringing some toughness, but defensively isn't as strong,

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

If we brought him back this moment, he would be at least our third best defenseman, hands down. The guy can skate, destroy people with his hits and size, and has a fantastic reach. As much as Hutton has improved, and as steady as Stetcher is this season, they still aren't on the same page as him. And Guddy is great as bringing some toughness, but defensively isn't as strong,

I hope thats the case, I do recall him being pretty gassed many nights and the league isn't getting slower. I don't have a lot of faith in KHL time either. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VIC_CITY said:

Edit: speaking of Tryamkin, I just read on Twitter that his parents have purchased a home in Vancouver and are moving here in the summer. Take that for what it's worth? 

Edited this out of a Ferland thread post. In the Tryamkin saga, it fits in the 'well that's new' section. I have nothing to back up this claim.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Edited this out of a Ferland thread post. In the Tryamkin saga, it fits in the 'well that's new' section. I have nothing to back up this claim.

Tryamkin’s parents can afford a house in Vancouver, BC?  Wouldn’t that be Nskita’s money?  

The KHL season ends on February 25.  However Nikita's team Avtomobilist is one of the top teams in the league so their is a possibility they make it to the final.  The final playoff game would be April 25.  So the Canucks would need to make it to the second round of the playoffs to have any hope of Nikita joining them this year.

I say the Canucks pay out his last year and he joins us next summer.  That's my prediction...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tryamkin, and his parents both bought houses here?  His are coming this summer?  Are his parents allowed to just move here?  How long could they stay?  

I think it would be easier for them to come if Nikita came with them.  Here is a link on how to obtain your visa entry into Canada...

https://www.visasavenue.com/canada-immigration/

Weird, I just made a post five minutes ago joking about whether Tryamkin’s parents had also bought a BBQ.

And the post seems to have disappeared. 

Like I posted, it went through, and I was looking at my post on the top of this page.

Then, I come back to the page and it’s not here.

Does CDC have a search and destroy bot that erases posts with bad jokes and silly references? :huh:

Just wondering, because those posts make up a considerable portion of my content. :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Weird, I just made a post five minutes ago joking about whether Tryamkin’s parents had also bought a BBQ.

And the post seems to have disappeared. 

Like I posted, it went through, and I was looking at my post on the top of this page.

Then, I come back to the page and it’s not here.

Does CDC have a search and destroy bot that erases posts with bad jokes and silly references? :huh:

Just wondering, because those posts make up a considerable portion of my content. :lol:

I repped that BBQ post too.  Does that also disappear?