The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks ink 10th overall pick Ritchie to ELC

I just can't help but think that he was effective because he has 30 pounds over every other player in the league. Even if its 30 pounds of fat... he looks like a white Cleveland junior.

Agreed. His combine results showed that as well. He was strong but really not fit. You could say he was a beneficiary of the "Tom Sestito effect" :P

Guest Dasein

If we hadn't gotten Virtanen, I would have hoped Benning to get this kid. But thats only IF Virtanen wasn't available.. solid pick for the Ducks as he's going to become a hard player to play against. We don't want another Lucic(minus the behavior) running around in west..

I've always thought that Lucic became Lucic because he played in the East.

There's no doubt in my mind that he is the top heavyweight power forward in the league today, but the fact that there are many who can still bang with him night in and night out on most teams in the West makes me think that Lucic would not have been able to sustain his style of play and would have had to tone it down and adjust in the West.

Not looking forward to playing against this kid 6 times a year down the road.

He's not even going to make the NHL so no worries there.

or you can switch jensen and Virtanen so hey both aren't playing on their off wing

This just kills me on this site. I can't wrap my brain around how someone can determine to conjur a shot at a line-up but at the same time have no clue what they are doing. Like DownundaCanuck, he just kills me.

Burrows Sedin Sedin

Hansen Bonino Higgins

Virtanen Horvat Mattias

Kassian Vey Richardson

Tanev Hamhuis

Sbisa Edler

Bieksa Stanton

He's not even going to make the NHL so no worries there.

This just kills me on this site. I can't wrap my brain around how someone can determine to conjur a shot at a line-up but at the same time have no clue what they are doing. Like DownundaCanuck, he just kills me.

Burrows Sedin Sedin

Hansen Bonino Higgins

Virtanen Horvat Mattias

Kassian Vey Richardson

Tanev Hamhuis

Sbisa Edler

Bieksa Stanton

Benching vrbata?

Ummmm......you just mean 'this year,' right?!?

This guy will play his first NHL game within 2 seasons.

Yeah I actually like what I've seen from him (only utube clips really) I just thought I'd give a little rip to everyone that was all gung ho on him. :rolleyes:

These bigger guys do have bust potential if they can't outhink guys at the pro level because his size will not guarantee success.

Benching vrbata?

lol, he wasn't condusive to my joke

Vrbata Sedin Sedin

Hansen Bonino Higgins

Virtanen Horvat Mattias

Kassian Burrows Vey

In two years though:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Shinkaruk Bonino Virtanen

Jensen Vey Kassian

Archibald Gaunce Dorsett

Horvat, Cassels, McCaan - best depth we've ever had I think. If we don't re-sign Vrbata then it will be a UFA or a young player stepping up. Put Virtanen up there with Hank and get Horvat in there somewhere.

Yeah I actually like what I've seen from him (only utube clips really) I just thought I'd give a little rip to everyone that was all gung ho on him. :rolleyes:

These bigger guys do have bust potential if they can't outhink guys at the pro level because his size will not guarantee success.

lol, he wasn't condusive to my joke

Vrbata Sedin Sedin

Hansen Bonino Higgins

Virtanen Horvat Mattias

Kassian Burrows Vey

I'm very firmly of the opinion that Ritchie's game can translate quite easily. His size is an asset but it's not his only one. He doesn't rely on it to be a good player.

I hate it when people put Daniel at centre.

I'm very firmly of the opinion that Ritchie's game can translate quite easily. His size is an asset but it's not his only one. He doesn't rely on it to be a good player.

I hate it when people put Daniel at centre.

lol : ::D

Well if that's the case I'm really not pleased that Anaheim got him. I did notice that his goals did have an element of skill to them. It's not as if he's just sitting at the side of the net banging in pucks or getting set up by elite passers.

or you can switch jensen and Virtanen so hey both aren't playing on their off wing

Jensen is listed as RW and is better on the right, so I've heard. And Virtanen is listed as LWer on Calgary last I checked. So technically they are on the correct wing. Based on what they've played recently.

big country reeves ritchie wont amount to anything unless he starts to work out at a fat camp no thanks to turtle power. virtanen will be so much better this kid has wheels and finish

Can someone translate this?

No seriously usually as long as people try to post something that is a coherent thought, I can interpret it well enough.

Archived