The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miller + Lack Masks

VanCanuck4Life97

Waiting for a goalie to do something new and cool with their masks.

Seems like goalies here do alot of the same with either the orca, the mountains, or native art.

I thought a mask like Sabourin's was different and cool.

I liked a lot of Vanbiesbrouk's masks. That chrome stuff was pretty awesome...

I actually REALLY like Miller's. It looks like true native art with not a ton of depth. And it's all t-birds rather than orcas from what I can tell. It looks like the head of a totem pole so I approve.

DaveArt designs always have so much glossy shine and about 18 layers of elements (though Lack's tones that down to a level I approve of).

aka1lWvYS9BXJghGqM0z803ZJL0.jpg

This is by far the best goaltender mask I've seen recent Canuck goaltenders wear, and I'm not even big into Metallica. At least there's some personality there.

Love how it still says LA Kings along the bottom. Just slapped a Canucks sticker on the chin haha. Gotta agree on the personality point though, but at the same time the new masks are a nice change from Lu's simple designs at least. I was a fan of Lu's simplicity for the first while, but it started to get old after a couple seasons.

Don't like either to be honest. Miller's looks kind all over the place and Lack's... I hate the orca logo.

Not sure why but I like Lehtonen's helmet most among the goalies.

I disagree that it's all over the place. It seems like a pretty consistant theme except for the back plate, but it's not uncommun for those to be a bit different. A personal touch for the goalie so to speak.

It is a little busy, I'm sure a few of those lines could be taken out to simplify the whole thing; However, that could just be me being too used to the 'Luongo simplicity' style.

I always liked the simple masks like Lu's. Big bold colours. That being said, I really like Miller's. Lack's doesn't do much for me because, in my opinion, DaveArt's masks all look the same. He's got a formula for doing masks, and even with a 'fan design' sticks very much to it. It seems like no matter the goalie or the team, you always know when he's done the mask, and they're pretty boring now. Love the native artwork on Miller's though. It should be incorporated on the mask, as it is in the logo. Even if we get rid of the orca at some point, I think it's awesome to include the native art and be proud of the history of our land.

Archived