The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler: Selke Trophy

Unnecessary hate? The guy demanded a trade after one bad season. The whole management was replaced and he still didn't care to give the team another try. The guy is the ultimate douche in my opinion.

This team was on the downward trend since the Cup finals, anyone with eyes could see that. Not only that, but he was being overworked and expected to produce with piss poor teammates playing under Torts system. How can you hate a guy for wanting to win in his prime? The Canucks aren't going to be contender for at least the next 5-7 years.

This team was on the downward trend since the Cup finals, anyone with eyes could see that. Not only that, but he was being overworked and expected to produce with piss poor teammates playing under Torts system. How can you hate a guy for wanting to win in his prime? The Canucks aren't going to be contender for at least the next 5-7 years.

Downtrend since the cup finals? We won the President's trophy in 2011-2012. I'd say we've been on the downtrend since the collapse against LA.

Downtrend since the cup finals? We won the President's trophy in 2011-2012. I'd say we've been on the downtrend since the collapse against LA.

Yea but that year was not nearly as good as 2010-2011. There was an obvious downtrend.

Edit: Our goaltending helped mask a lot of the team's problems, which were exposed by LA. It was nothing like 2010-2011.

If you actually watched the Canucks that year you would have realized that it was an anomaly that we had such a great year. We feasted on the weak teams in a year where there only three or four true contenders in the West. It was a gutted version of our juggernaut squad from the prior year and we were missing the main the components that made it click.

Combine Daniels concussion with the Coho trade. With Kesler and Raymond still nursing injury, we pretty much went into the playoffs with no goal scorers outside of Burrows. Thats like 50+ goals just subtracted. Danny averaged like 17 per 82 since. It was never replaced, and guys that couldn't get it done on the 3rd line have since been asked to score like 2nd liners. This is where we were always heading from then on.

H E double hockey sticks no.

He doesn't deserve it at all since he left the canucks he ruined his relationship with fans and lied to us and I wanna boo him when he comes back to vancouver since he only allowed us to trade him to the mighty ducks even though other teams couldn't afford him and the ducks were the best option and we got a solid return but whatever I hate him now screw you kesler go fight Getzlaf and Perry in practice

The Selke is a joke of an award. It's based on reputation, and not actual defensive play. That's why you see the same three guys nominated every year. They ignore certain players, players who deserve the award, because they don't take faceoffs.

It amazes me, how a guy like Hossa, who I think is THE best two-way player in the game for 5 or so years now, hasn't been nominated or even mentioned on the ballot, not once.

The Selke is a joke of an award. It's based on reputation, and not actual defensive play. That's why you see the same three guys nominated every year. They ignore certain players, players who deserve the award, because they don't take faceoffs.

It amazes me, how a guy like Hossa, who I think is THE best two-way player in the game for 5 or so years now, hasn't been nominated or even mentioned on the ballot, not once.

Hossa?

Meh.

Archived