The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-Injuries & Ice Chips thread- 2015 Season

The Hornet

really no. sbisa and weber look like suter and weber by comparison

Sbisa and Weber have been playing pretty awesome as a bottom pairing lately. Defensemen usually peak later than forwards so maybe we are seeing what those two can become for us in the future. I would even be in favour of scratching Stanton until one of them plays a piss poor game.

Bieksa has had a rough start but is still playing hard minutes. I don't think he's injured just having a meh start is all. He was -9 in October 2011 and still managed to come out +12

I'm surprised the NHL can find insurance for players that don't wear visors. The chance of escaping serious injury to the eye is slim to non existent.

I read an interesting article some years back about teams insuring players. Because of the cost most players are not insured. The team just eats the cost. Typically it's only the star players on big contracts that get insured. Also insurance companies often include exceptions in some policies. For example, if a player has had two knee surgeries knee injuries won't be covered in the players policy. Or in Crosby's case concussion won't be covered. It's because the player is a high risk of repeating the injury. I was actually quite surprised that teams typically only have 6 to 8 players insured against injury.

Not sure if this means much:

Hopefully just precautionary, and he was kept out because of swelling.

This seems like good news in the context of things. I'd like to think if it was really serious he'd be at the hospital within the hour.

I read an interesting article some years back about teams insuring players. Because of the cost most players are not insured. The team just eats the cost. Typically it's only the star players on big contracts that get insured. Also insurance companies often include exceptions in some policies. For example, if a player has had two knee surgeries knee injuries won't be covered in the players policy. Or in Crosby's case concussion won't be covered. It's because the player is a high risk of repeating the injury. I was actually quite surprised that teams typically only have 6 to 8 players insured against injury.

Hmm. I'll be damned; I had no idea.

Good stuff. Yeah you think they would all be insured but I guess the premiums are crazy high... that tells you how dangerous the sport is.

Whew, whenever it's "near the eye" it's a huge worry. Glad to hear it likely isn't.

Murph had tweeted that he didn't leave the arena in a rush with a doctor, as had been reported. So we seem to get mixed reports - Twitterites are sometimes quick to pass along information that isn't verified (Botch, Valk).

Encouraging...we really do miss Bieksa when he's out of the line up, although some don't seem to recognize that.

Archived