The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

Where's Wellwood

So my wife and I were entertaining the local clinic with discussion about where Marvel is doing with this concerning the remaining Infinity "Stones", which is clearly a parallel reality to the comics.

Already there's the tesseract from CA1/AV1/TH1, they have the aether, which was from Thor Dark World, the orb which is from GOTG, and probably Loki's old chitauri scepter, which for some reason I thought was made from the tesseract (don't recall if I heard that during the films, but never got the impression it would be it's own infinity stone) in Avengers Age of Ultron. So that would leave two left, following last week's confirmation the scepter is the 4th stone. What about the remaining ones? I saw one possibility at the end of I think it was Thor 2 from the Collector's when they showed the Adam Warlock cocoon. Doctor Strange will probably play a role in finding or possessing at least one of the remaining stones. Might see it in GOTG2 though.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

So my wife and I were entertaining the local clinic with discussion about where Marvel is doing with this concerning the remaining Infinity "Stones", which is clearly a parallel reality to the comics.

Already there's the tesseract from CA1/AV1/TH1, they have the aether, which was from Thor Dark World, the orb which is from GOTG, and probably Loki's old chitauri scepter, which for some reason I thought was made from the tesseract (don't recall if I heard that during the films, but never got the impression it would be it's own infinity stone) in Avengers Age of Ultron. So that would leave two left, following last week's confirmation the scepter is the 4th stone. What about the remaining ones? I saw one possibility at the end of I think it was Thor 2 from the Collector's when they showed the Adam Warlock cocoon. Doctor Strange will probably play a role in finding or possessing at least one of the remaining stones. Might see it in GOTG2 though.

What about that obelisk (the Diviner) in AOS? I don't know if that counts.

The teaser trailer for Avengers Infinity War showed Thanos with the infinity gauntlent with the stones

I think the fact that the centre of Loki's sceptor is blue, the same colour scheme used for the tesseract, is what made people think it was connected to the tesseract. In reality, I think making Loki's sceptor an infinity stone is a ret con and that it wasn't originally intended to be one. I think Marvel realized that there weren't enough movies to properly introduce the remaining stones before A:IW so they added one more with the sceptor.

What about that obelisk (the Diviner) in AOS? I don't know if that counts.

I think that's just a Kree artifact. I doubt that Marvel would introduce an infinity stone in AoS which not every movie-goer will be watching.

Honestly, just seeing all those titles alone makes me lose interest.

Nailed it, I was pretty excited about these movies when they first started coming out know i have completely lost track and totally don't care anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Surprised no one has started talking about the new Avengers movie.

I thought it was pretty good, good action and a lot of funny moments.

Thought Ultron would be a bit more formidable though.

Surprised no one has started talking about the new Avengers movie.

I thought it was pretty good, good action and a lot of funny moments.

Thought Ultron would be a bit more formidable though.

Movie was good. Starting to feel a bit of super hero burnout though. I think they are pumping out too many films, losing a bit of its luster. Still had lots of fun watching it.

To tell you the truth, I'm more excite about the new Star Wars movie.

Been saying this for a few years now. Hollywood will beat this into the ground until the movies don't make any money.I also think the hype surrounding this one was a little over the top compared to the first one which I enjoyed.