The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] k-conn on waivers

avelanch

Free player whom has past experience not only with our organization but our coaching staff too?

Its not a bad risk to take for a guy only 24 Years old...still could turn out to be a decent dman. And we do lack an offensive skilled dman.

After Stanton and Sbisa, the next left handed dman in the system that we be closest to NHL action is Peter Andersson. Need some more depth.

Cdc freaking out over trading him for Derek Roy. Shows how badly some people overrate our prospects.

Well, this has to make all you Mike Gillis haters feel like crap. I cant even put a number on how many posts I've seen after Roy sucked for us about how Gillis gave away a "gem" for a lazy bum. I would definitely love to get Conn back, but I don't think we have room for him right now. Carrying 8 dmen would be a mistake, and Weber has played too well to just get rid of him.

I was happy the Roy trade, even though, like many, I thought it was a steep price. But for me the most valuable thing in the trade wasn't Connauton but the 2nd rounder.

I would have been more happy with K-Conn and 3rd/4th/5th rounder rather than the 2nd+other prospect than K-Conn.

Cdc freaking out over trading him for Derek Roy. Shows how badly some people overrate our prospects.

Come on. The Derek Roy trade was a disaster. We gave up Connauton and a second round pick for Roy and got around 15 games of poor performance. Dallas was able to at least use Connauton as a role player. Connauton and the second round pick didn't have amazing value but they were still wasted in the Roy trade.

Send down Bo and Carry 8 D?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we are already carrying 8 with Sanguinetti? Unless he was already sent down but I only saw that Jensen was sent down. Maybe Sanguinetti was as well.

drop weber.

Weber > K-Conn.

I think so too. Weber is better defensively and is a RHD. I don't know how much potential K-Conn has since leaving us back in 2013. At 24, however, he's only 1 year and 5 months younger than Weber - how much untapped potential could he have really over Weber?

Seeing as how Weber's been in the NHL since 2010, I think he's a much steadier and proven asset. And given that they are not even 2 years apart in age, I don't think K-Conn has a much bigger upside than Weber anyways. Obviously, I could be dead wrong since I haven't followed K-Conn since he left us. Dallas has a horrible defensive core though, and if he can't make that, I wouldn't give him much thought.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we are already carrying 8 with Sanguinetti? Unless he was already sent down but I only saw that Jensen was sent down. Maybe Sanguinetti was as well.

I think so too. Weber is better defensively and is a RHD. I don't know how much potential K-Conn has since leaving us back in 2013. At 24, however, he's only 1 year and 5 months younger than Weber - how much untapped potential could he have really over Weber?

Seeing as how Weber's been in the NHL since 2010, I think he's a much steadier and proven asset. And given that they are not even 2 years apart in age, I don't think K-Conn has a much bigger upside than Weber anyways. Obviously, I could be dead wrong since I haven't followed K-Conn since he left us. Dallas has a horrible defensive core though, and if he can't make that, I wouldn't give him much thought.

Pretty Sure Sanguinetti was reassigned too.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=739323&navid=DL|VAN|home

Bust and Career ahler at this time.

K conn is a prospect i didn't expect more then 12-15 games in the nhl. I could see a team like buffalo or Edmonton for a cheap defender though i doubt it.

Wouldn't feel sorry for him since he has made close to 200k in last few years

Bust and Career ahler at this time.

K conn is a prospect i didn't expect more then 12-15 games in the nhl. I could see a team like buffalo or Edmonton for a cheap defender though i doubt it.

Wouldn't feel sorry for him since he has made close to 200k in last few years

Yeah maybe Edmonton takes a chance. He's better than Brad Hunt at least, who they waived.

I wouldn't have an issue with it. We could use some more prospects on the back end. Let him develop a tad more in Utica to see if he can break through.

If we pluck him from waivers I believe he has to be on the roster for the rest of the season, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

If we pluck him from waivers I believe he has to be on the roster for the rest of the season, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah if we claim K-Conn from Dallas's waiver and try to send him down at some point during the season via waivers, I think Dallas can re-claim and send him to their AHL team without having to keep him in the NHL.

Archived