The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jon Stewart leaving the Daily Show

inane

Sad day in satirical news. He probably wants to go direct more movies but I'd rather see him behind the Daily Show desk. At least John Oliver is kicking ass and will be there to fill the void.

The rumor of Amy Poehler taking over sounds like a great idea even though it's just a rumor. John Hodgman would be good too.

Who do you guys want to see take over?

Sad day in satirical news. He probably wants to go direct more movies but I'd rather see him behind the Daily Show desk. At least John Oliver is kicking ass and will be there to fill the void.

The rumor of Amy Poehler taking over sounds like a great idea even though it's just a rumor. John Hodgman would be good too.

Who do you guys want to see take over?

Dunno. Don't think anyone currently on the show has the chops to host.

Whoever gets it is going to have big shoes to fill. I mean, really big shoes. Gigantic shoes!

First Colbert and now Stewart :(

It will be hard for whoever fills his shoes. I've always liked Jason Jones, if they were going to promote one of the correspondents.

Amy Poehler taking over would be very interesting.

I like Larry Wilmore's format for his show, but as a host, I don't necessarily like him quite yet as much as I did Colbert.

I did a little work on Liebowitz' old syndicated show around 1994-95, it was supposed to replace Arsenio Hall but it kinda crashed and burned. One of his original writers, Eric Drysdale, is a local guy who graduated from Eric Hamber. He also worked on Colbert's show for years as a writer and he performed a few songs as well, I think his name was 'Billy' or 'Danny' on the show, anybody who watched it would recognize him.

• 1 month later...

Trevor Noah will take over the Daily Show

XaAp2no.jpg

Trevor Noah, 31, the South African comedian who is an on-air contributor on the show, will take the seat of Stewart, the longtime host who is signing off later this year.

"It's an honor to follow Jon Stewart," Noah said in a statement. "In my brief time with the show they've made me feel so welcome. I'm excited to get started and work with such a fantastic group of people."

Latest reports had Noah as the frontrunner for the position, and on Monday the comedy network confirmed those rumors.

"Trevor Noah is an enormous talent," said Comedy Central president Michele Ganeless in a statement. "For the next host of 'The Daily Show,' we set out to find a fresh voice who can speak to our audience with a keen take on the events of the day, and we found that in Trevor."

Read More:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/30/media/trevor-noah/

• 1 month later...

I remember when Craig Kilborn was the host for the first few years way back when. He left to take over Tom Snyders spot on The Late Late Show. Couldnt have worked out better for them because while Craig was very successful as host nobody could have anticipate just how well Stewart would do. He made it a show where leaving to do The Late Late Show would be a step down.

Itll be interesting to see how Noah will do. I remember seeing him a few times here and there recently but he didnt really make an impression.

Archived