The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 NHL Entry Draft [June 24-25th || Buffalo, New York]

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

You said that

The drop comes at 14-15, not 11.  Most scouts have said it's a toss up between 4-14, not 11.

Again using you're exact quotes

Is Dubois/ Tkachuk "#3-#4 forward. Borderline 1st/2nd liner"  that much better than the forward that will be still available at 11, so much more, that it's worth adding a "#2-#3D" and a second.  

How does that help the Devils?  Unless you think Brown, Keller and Jost will amount to nothing, it doesn't improve them.   None of the forwards are making the team next year.  In your opinion, Dubois/ Tkachuk are #3-#4 forward, while most would say Brown, Keller and Jost are 3-6 forwards it doesn't make sense to pay the price of a future #2 D man.  Especially when other two D your banking on Jacobs and Santini haven't even played a combined 15 minutes in the NHL.

Devils would be best serves drafting one of the 3 forwards mentioned, keeping their 2nd round pick and developing Severson, just like the jets are doing with Trouba so that when his value is high enough and they are sure they don't need him, they can move him for the exact team need they have.  A team need that's currently in the NHL.

The only way this deal would make sense if you your completely sold on Dubois/ Tkachuk being top line players (which your not) and if that's the case, canucks can't really afford to pass up a top line LW.  

Last I checked, there's three forwards on a line...#3 would be a first line forward, no?

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Last I checked, there's three forwards on a line...#3 would be a first line forward, no?

Borderline "1st/2nd liner" would not imply he's a lock first liner.

Hansen plays in the #3 spot,  That must mean he has the same value as a Ryan, Oshie, and Parise.    Maybe we should trade hansen for the 11th, severson and a 2nd?

Come on JR, I know you understand hockey better then that. Lets not go full kindergarten here. 

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Borderline "1st/2nd liner" would not imply he's a lock first liner.

Hansen plays in the #3 spot,  That must mean he has the same value as a Ryan, Oshie, and Parise.    Maybe we should trade hansen for the 11th, severson and a 2nd?

Come on JR, I know you understand hockey better then that. Lets not go full kindergarten here. 

They're 18. None of them are a 'lock' for anything.

You're babbling.

21 minutes ago, J.R. said:

They're 18. None of them are a 'lock' for anything.

You're babbling.

Care to explain...

Try giving some comparable to what you think a Borderline "1st/2nd liner" is.  And tell me if you'd trade that comparable for a 11th overall, a future #2 D, and a 2nd rounder?

In order to sell your opinion, you contradict your self on the value of  Tkachuk/Dubois,  To the canucks they are Borderline 1st/2nd liner wingers but to the devils they are a player that holds a ton of value, a player that their franchise is begging for.

So what is it? 

NJ must be itching to make that trade since they DESPERATELY need that Borderline 1st/2nd liner winger. 

You also down play the value that Severson has for the Devils,.  In your opinion, To the devils Severson is expendable because they have some good prospects, but to the canucks he's the top pairing, right handed D, this team has needed for the last 15 years.  Jacobs and Santini may look promising, but they have played next to zero pro hockey and have a long ways to go before they make Severson expendable. 

To me these are all reason with logic as to why this deal doesn't work out for either team, But then again maybe i'm just babbling.

17 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Care to explain...

Try giving some comparable to what you think a Borderline "1st/2nd liner" is.  And tell me if you'd trade that comparable for a 11th overall, a future #2 D, and a 2nd rounder?

In order to sell your opinion, you contradict your self on the value of  Tkachuk/Dubois,  To the canucks they are Borderline 1st/2nd liner wingers but to the devils they are a player that holds a ton of value, a player that their franchise is begging for.

So what is it? 

NJ must be itching to make that trade since they DESPERATELY need that Borderline 1st/2nd liner winger. 

You also down play the value that Severson has for the Devils,.  In your opinion, To the devils Severson is expendable because they have some good prospects, but to the canucks he's the top pairing, right handed D, this team has needed for the last 15 years.  Jacobs and Santini may look promising, but they have played next to zero pro hockey and have a long ways to go before they make Severson expendable. 

To me these are all reason with logic as to why this deal doesn't work out for either team, But then again maybe i'm just babbling.

Not sure what to tell you that I haven't already. Their prospect pool is starved for future top 6 forwards. Even more than ours is starved for future top 4 D. They need some winger prospects at the level of Dubois/Tkachuck far more than they need Severson.

You also seem to be completely dismissing Sbisa who temporarily fills the hole left by moving Severson while Santini/Jacobs continue to develop.

I'm not downplaying Severson at all (I called him a future #2 :lol:)...It's pretty hard to discuss anything with you if you insist on continuing to make things up and/or misrepresent what I said.

18 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Not sure what to tell you that I haven't already. Their prospect pool is starved for future top 6 forwards. Even more than ours is starved for future top 4 D. They need some winger prospects at the level of Dubois/Tkachuck far more than they need Severson.

You also seem to be completely dismissing Sbisa who temporarily fills the hole left by moving Severson while Santini/Jacobs continue to develop.

I'm not downplaying Severson at all (I called him a future #2 :lol:)...It's pretty hard to discuss anything with you if you insist on continuing to make things up and/or misrepresent what I said.

3 hours ago, J.R. said:

I'm sold on Severson personally. Future #2 IMO.

Yeah, we're done here....but you had a good day though...

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So,

Who'd be down for trading hansen and a 3rd to move in to the later 1st round?

Not at all. 

There's always fallers in the draft that can be had early in the 2nd. I think we'd be better off banking on that.

If we wanna trade Hansen, his value will be at it's highest come trade deadline. 

24 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So,

Who'd be down for trading hansen and a 3rd to move in to the later 1st round?

If we can get a guy like Brown I would, but if not just keep Hansen and the pick. 

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just wanted to get away from the JR Foppa thread and back to draft talk :P

This boring wait for the playoffs to be over is no fun. I love hockey but I can't sit down and enjoy the games.  I've seen maybe 4 periods of hockey since the post season started.

I wanted to watch Nash and San Jose win their first round series and I couldn't even stomach that.  It really sucks without a Canadian team.  Id rather be watching  the flames in the finals then this.  Not Edmonton though. I don't like Edmonton lol.

Just now, Rush17 said:

This boring wait for the playoffs to be over is no fun. I love hockey but I can't sit down and enjoy the games.  I've seen maybe 4 periods of hockey since the post season started.

I wanted to watch Nash and San Jose win their first round series and I couldn't even stomach that.  It really sucks without a Canadian team.  Id rather be watching  the flames in the finals then this.  Not Edmonton though. I don't like Edmonton lol.

Pffft Sean Day

He's a generational talent, granted entrance to the CHl at a young age, a...FOUNDATIONAL player in fact 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Pffft Sean Day

He's a generational talent, granted entrance to the CHl at a young age, a...FOUNDATIONAL player in fact 

You got that right. We just gotta hope Edmonton doesn't steal him first!!

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just wanted to get away from the JR Foppa thread and back to draft talk :P

Foppa's clearly drunk. Just be thankful my efforts kept him largely contained in this one thread :P

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

You got that right. We just gotta hope Edmonton doesn't steal him first!!

Jb to Edmonton.

"This is not the day you are looking for."

Edmonton

"This is not the Sean Day we are looking for."

Vancouvee drafts Sean Day

. Cdc implodes and Vancouver witnesses mass dileria.

Jb rubs his fingers Edmonton scratches their heads and we all enter into a mass hypnotic state from the collective delusion day is our savior and jb is his father.

Then we all scream. Lukeee.... 

I am your father!!!

Archived