The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 NHL Entry Draft [June 24-25th || Buffalo, New York]

2 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

Maybe. If he does, we will probably end up forfeiting our 2nd rounder...again.

That's nothing at all to get Stamkos.  Of course it would need to be a very large truck.  Maybe even a truck with pup.  ^_^

1 minute ago, The Great 8 said:

Laine is an unbelievable player and IMO Toronto should pick him #1 and if not Schieffle-Ehlers-Laine is gonna be one hell of a line in the future.

I wonder if the Leafs could lure the Jets into swapping picks by leaking they are taking Laine, and what would their return (for that deceit) be?

3 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Well then the Jets would take either Matthews or simply select Puljujarvi.

Tough decisions

Then Matthews falls to us, and CDC explodes!  To me it looks like the first four are locks to be tremendous players, then it drops off at five.  

On May 8, 2016 at 9:36 PM, newgm said:

If somehow Edmonton picks a D-man instead of BPA, it'll be interesting to see whether he picks Tkachuk or Dubois with a choice of either. Not an easy choice but a good problem to have.

I'm confident it's a win win either way. But I suspect it would be difficult to pass on Tkachuk, seasoned in that London player factory.

also with the playoffs he is having it would be hard for edmonton not to take if they keep the pick but lol that would be the worst move for them, the need everything besides top 6 forwards,

they need:

1. 4 NHL defencemen

2. 3 Character veteran forwards that can play up and down the lineup - Hansen, Ladd, Burrows (2011 type)

3, An actual number 1 goalie.

They may keep the pick and trade RNH but honestly, if there was a trade out there for a d man for rnh, it probably would have already happened.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if the Leafs could lure the Jets into swapping picks by leaking they are taking Laine, and what would their return (for that deceit) be?

55 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Well then the Jets would take either Matthews or simply select Puljujarvi.

Tough decisions

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Then Matthews falls to us, and CDC explodes!  To me it looks like the first four are locks to be tremendous players, then it drops off at five.  

35 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

Who's the 4th in the first 4

Leafs - Laine

Jets - Puljujarvi

Blue Jackets (Finn GM picking a Finn) - Juolevi 

Oilers (need defense) - Chychrun

Canucks - MATTHEWS

3 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

Leafs - Laine

Jets - Puljujarvi

Canucks - MATTHEWS

Even in the very unlikely chance the Jets passed on Matthews there's no way in hell that the Jackets would.

4 hours ago, ice orca said:

Dubois probably, he has much more value to the Coil. It allows them to package either him or RNH or even Drai off for a stud d-man like Subban.

Tbh I think Dubios is a better player than Tkachuck.. He's got NHL size and can put up points without great line mates. I'm confused on whether Tkachucks numbers are inflated due to his line mates.

31 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

Tbh I think Dubios is a better player than Tkachuck.. He's got NHL size and can put up points without great line mates. I'm confused on whether Tkachucks numbers are inflated due to his line mates.

It's debatable, but you still have to be quite good to be able to put up those kind of numbers. 

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

It's debatable, but you still have to be quite good to be able to put up those kind of numbers. 

It actually really shouldn't matter when assessing the quality of Tkachuk as a prospect. 

Scouts don't focus on point totals as much as how the player plays and what their skill set and attributes are. 

If Tkachuk had 20 less points on a worse team with worse line mates I believe he's still be in and around the same spot because he'd still be the same prospect. 

13 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

Leafs - Laine

Jets - Puljujarvi

Canucks - MATTHEWS

Oh!  That would be wonderful, but we ALL know it's not happening.  :(  

Matthews

Laine

Puljujarvi

Tkatchuk

And then us.  Sadly we miss out on the four sure top line guys.  

I wonder if JB trades down from this spot?

I still like my 5th plus Sbisa for Severson, their 11th and their 2nd rounder proposal.

Then draft any of the three D who've dropped or maybe Jost /Bean then Clague and Johansen with our two early 2nds.

6 minutes ago, Bure fan said:

I would be worried if someone trades up for Oilers 4th overall pick. Hearing that they are seriously considering offers for the pick. (Source: The Score) We might lose out on Tkachuk too... 

Then we'd get Dubois. That's a win.

8 minutes ago, Bure fan said:

I would be worried if someone trades up for Oilers 4th overall pick. Hearing that they are seriously considering offers for the pick. (Source: The Score) We might lose out on Tkachuk too... 

we already lost when we moved down 2 spots.  Tkachuk is expected to go number 4 anyways so it's really not a loss at all,  infact, if you told me, we will have a 5th pick after the 3rd consecutive win against the Cali teams (second last week of the season) I would have taken it and ran like the wind.  We were destined for 8th or 9th, plus we decided to deploy Tanev during our tank.   Dubois will be huge, he's like another Horvat with more offensive upside.   Infact he is pretty much the Bo Horvat of this draft. the 200 foot player.

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

we already lost when we moved down 2 spots.  Tkachuk is expected to go number 4 anyways so it's really not a loss at all,  infact, if you told me, we will have a 5th pick after the 3rd consecutive win against the Cali teams (second last week of the season) I would have taken it and ran like the wind.  We were destined for 8th or 9th, plus we decided to deploy Tanev during our tank.   Dubois will be huge, he's like another Horvat with more offensive upside.   Infact he is pretty much the Bo Horvat of this draft. the 200 foot player.

200ft player is right up JB alley...Sutter, Horvat, Granlund and maybe Dubois.

3 hours ago, Hoosierdaddy said:

Then we'd get Dubois. That's a win.

I'd say OHL is a more difficult league compared to the QMJHL. I'm hoping for Tkachuk over Dubois. So hopefully Edmonton keeps there pick or the team that traded up takes someone else. 

Archived