The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 16 Thread

Zfetch

Have a question:

Never played HUT before until now. EB Games said since I pre-ordered the day 1 edition, I get a free $25 HUT thing (deluxe edition pre orders get $50.)

Pre-order NHL 16 from EB Games/GameStop and get up to $25 worth of Hockey Ultimate Team™ content. That’s 25 HUT Gold Packs, one (1) per week for 25 weeks***.

How do I claim this? When I'm in HUT and go to the marketplace, it just shows how many coins I have in the top right under my 3 letter abbreviation for my team.

Or did I just miss a code somewhere lol.

Thanks.

Have a question:

Never played HUT before until now. EB Games said since I pre-ordered the day 1 edition, I get a free $25 HUT thing (deluxe edition pre orders get $50.)

How do I claim this? When I'm in HUT and go to the marketplace, it just shows how many coins I have in the top right under my 3 letter abbreviation for my team.

Thanks.

they get put onto your account on sat or sun or every week

I like the fact that everyone who plays eashl is playing on the same playing field now with the way builds are already preset. The days are gone hopefully for the kids game freaking to get to the legend 3 in like a month and having to play against them lol. I consider myself a eashl vet but since I have a pretty busy schedule it's hard for me to play 20 games a week so this makes it a lot more fair and even playing field.

Man, playing HUT sucks at the beginning.

I have all AHL players except Prust and Kenins lol, and Subban in net. Got Nugent-Hopkins and Jokipakka in my first free gold pack.

Just playing offline games right now, getting 800-900 coins per game, plan is to just save up for gold packs.

Any quicker way to gain coins besides paying real money? Is there more coins to be had per game if you play online?

Have a question:

Thanks.

You don't actually enter the code in HUT mode. You do it from the customize menu I believe.

Man, playing HUT sucks at the beginning.

I have all AHL players except Prust and Kenins lol, and Subban in net. Got Nugent-Hopkins and Jokipakka in my first free gold pack.

Just playing offline games right now, getting 800-900 coins per game, plan is to just save up for gold packs.

Any quicker way to gain coins besides paying real money? Is there more coins to be had per game if you play online?

There seems to be more coins if you play online versus just the computer. Rather than saving up for packs, the best way to start is to put your early coins towards individual players. You can get some decent players in the 80-85 range for between 300 and 1000 coins. It's a good way to beef up your team early and make sure you have actual NHL players instead of CHL/AHL players.

They had the Ultimate Player packs available for HUT during the Trial, picked up a pair; my HUT team now looks like;

E. Kane - Johansen - Lucic - BC Line!

Steen - Backes - Forsberg

Palat - Galchenyuk - Kucherov

Bjugstad - Boyle - Hanzal (6'6 Smashy Smashy line, thankfully POS Change and TeamSwap Cards are Cheap!)

Giordano - Hedman

Staal - Hamilton

Brodie - Girardi

Dubnyk - He's been an amazing cheap goalie so far.

Lack

A couple of questions before this thread gets bombarded with Hut lineups( I hate hut)

Is there a trading block for gm mode? How about someone sim their pro in Be a Pro and see if you actually get to make the pro club(I would always get drafted but even being 99overall wouldn't make the NHL if I started in the CHL.)

There seems to be more coins if you play online versus just the computer. Rather than saving up for packs, the best way to start is to put your early coins towards individual players. You can get some decent players in the 80-85 range for between 300 and 1000 coins. It's a good way to beef up your team early and make sure you have actual NHL players instead of CHL/AHL players.

Thanks! Good strategy.

A couple of questions before this thread gets bombarded with Hut lineups( I hate hut)

Is there a trading block for gm mode? How about someone sim their pro in Be a Pro and see if you actually get to make the pro club(I would always get drafted but even being 99overall wouldn't make the NHL if I started in the CHL.)

dont know about be a pro but there is a trade block in be a GM

Eashl level playing field is all good and stuff..I just don't like the builds much. 2 way defense is the best for d in my opinion.

At the forward position I can't decide. I miss being able to select playmaker and cranking up shot accruacy and power.

And that is why I kinda like that you can't edit attributes, so playmakers aren't &^@#ing snipers too - they are what their build actually is.

EA was just lazy about balancing and didn't account for thier hidden ratings. An example in NHL15 is your skater is actually faster with no points in acceleration then if you put it to 90. Try it out. Same applies to shot. Try sniping with 50 power and 90 acc then 90 power and 90 acc, you'll find your shot actually gets worse. But somehow their laziness got misconstrued as a exploit. My build last year was PWF 6"3 217lbs. No points in Accel, max spd, agl, and equal points into str. and bal. He was just as fast as a 6" 180lbs ply or snp.

Archived