The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Ronalds Kenins & Alex Friesen

Canucks re-sign Ronalds Kenins (1-year, 1-way, $575,000 per Brad Ziemer) & Alex Friesen (2-year, 2-way, $575,000 per Brad Ziemer):

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has signed forwards Ronalds Kenins and Alex Friesen.

Kenins, 24, split the 2014.15 season between Vancouver and the AHL Utica Comets. He appeared in 30 games with the Canucks in his first NHL season, registering 12 points (4-8-12) and eight penalty minutes. He also made his NHL post-season debut this year, registering two points (1-1-2) in five playoff games. In 36 games with the Comets this season, Kenins recorded 12 points (5-7-12) and 23 penalty minutes.

The 6’0”, 209-pound native of Riga, Latvia, was signed as a free agent by Vancouver on July 30, 2013.

Friesen, 24, set career-highs in games played (60), goals (10), assists (20) and points (30) with the AHL Utica Comets this season. He also made his AHL post-season debut this year, registering 10 points (4-6-10) in 23 playoff games.

The 5’10", 185-pound native of Niagara-On-the-Lake, Ontario, was originally drafted by Vancouver in the sixth round, 172nd overall in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=771604

As much as I like him, this makes the Dorsett signing even more questionable since I see them fitting the same role more or less, just the experience with Dorsett

But I'm happy, I love what I saw from Kenins last season

As much as I like him, this makes the Dorsett signing even more questionable since I see them fitting the same role more or less, just the experience with Dorsett

But I'm happy, I love what I saw from Kenins last season

Kenins replacing Dorsett? I disagree.

Dorsett is worth the money IMO.

Surprised with Friesen, didn't see the need to keep him to be honest and I'd rather see Grenier as 13th forward. Good for him though.

And Ronny, yay! :towel:

Archived