The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lukas Jasek | RW

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

2023!

....oh I thought we were just counting up the years.

Excited for the progress Jasek has made in Utica this year with the switch to center. I think he'll be able to carve himself out a decent career as a bottom 6 NHL player.

6 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

2023!

....oh I thought we were just counting up the years.

Excited for the progress Jasek has made in Utica this year with the switch to center. I think he'll be able to carve himself out a decent career as a bottom 6 NHL player.

Well I hope he makes it next year but we have too many bottom six forwards under contract.  

If trader Jim can work some magic and get rid of Sutter or Beagle or Roussel, then I see a spot for Jasek. Anyways no need to rush him, we’re a playoff team next year and we don’t have room to be trying out guys that may or may not be ready for the NHL.

On 10/19/2019 at 9:20 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Loved Baer’s comments tonight (1:28 mark of video) where he praises Jasek’s play at center and talks about how he and Goldy are trying to help, teach, and push him to be the best player he can be. Such a great development opportunity to have two NHL pros on his wings.

It also goes to show how much of a professional Sven is. He did not whine or complained about being sent down, and he is in the AHL, he still does everything he can to help this organization.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I foresee Jasek being one of the few players next season being recalled to the big leagues.  I loved how he took on Cull's comments that he wasn't going to make the NHL as an offensive player, and totally reinvented his game not only as a two way player but made a very very nice transition from wing to centre.  Shows me not only is he a versatile player going forward, but is teachable and willing to adjust himself to be successful.

Easily gets overlooked because he doesn't bring the offensive stats people look for, but his game is maturing and was arguably one of the better defensive forwards for the Comets this past season.  he is no slouch in the ozone either, he still has the creativity and ability to put up some decent numbers, but he is going to make himself a good career as a cerebral bottom six forward. Could stand to add more muscle to his frame, but I have no doubt he will be seeing NHL games sooner rather than later.

He may not be top 10 worthy for people, but he is super underrated and deserves a lot more attention from Vancouver media and fans.

He will get his looks for when the veteran UFAs in Sutter, Beagle, Roussel are on the way out. He needs to keep that goal in mind and keep putting the work in to take one of those spots. Hopefully he lives up to what I had hoped Markus Granlund would've been for us and be our Jarnkrok type player.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Have to wonder if he has chemistry with Zadina, could we use him to unload some cap to Detroit. It would suck to lose him, but would be a smaller price to pay to unload a Sutter or something at full cap.

IMO if you want to improve the bottom six with cheaper contracts who have speed, skill , and defensive responsibility, that is Jasek.

I feel he will be one of a few guys in Utica that will be vying for a spot next training camp. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

IMO if you want to improve the bottom six with cheaper contracts who have speed, skill , and defensive responsibility, that is Jasek.

I feel he will be one of a few guys in Utica that will be vying for a spot next training camp. 

He’s also a dog on a bone when it comes to pucks along the wall, which is definitely something this team could use a little more of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1