The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prust

By sea and land

Isn't it a little bit annoying to hear certain media personalities in this market spew over the addition of Prust and then shortly thereafter change their tune?

Whether it was because Canucks mngt said they want to get younger but trade youth for a vet. An expiring contract at that.

Or maybe because we traded potential away for a 4th liner that costs $2+m.

Or maybe because it's what Brenden Gallagher recently said about his ex teammate or Wade Redden for that matter.

It's no wonder why so many Canuck fans are reactive to an opinion instead of thinking about why this trade was a positive trade from the get-go.

The radio media here (Team 1040) are CLUELESS!

Prust is a TERRIFIC addition even if it is for only 1 season. The beauty of it is it gives JB choices going forward.

It's like one media personality has an idea of a trade and the rest of them jump on board but give it their own twist.

Benning is do a FANTASTIC job with our roster in making it a fun to watch, fast, skilled team gilled with wonderful character.

Subtracting a Kassian for a Prust today only gets to where we want and need to get to tomorrow.

Keep rocking it Benning.

Isn't it a little bit annoying to hear certain media personalities in this market spew over the addition of Prust and then shortly thereafter change their tune?

Whether it was because Canucks mngt said they want to get younger but trade youth for a vet. An expiring contract at that.

Or maybe because it's what Brenden Gallagher recently said about his ex teammate or Wade Redden for that matter.

It's no wonder why so many Canuck fans are reactive to an opinion instead of thinking about why this trade was a positive trade from the get-go.

Prust is a TERRIFIC addition even if it is for only 1 season. The beauty of it is it gives JB choices going forward.

It's like one media personality has an idea of a trade and the rest of them jump on board but give it their own twist.

Benning is do a FANTASTIC job with our roster in making it a fun to watch, fast, skilled team gilled with wonderful character.

Subtracting a Kassian for a Prust today only gets to where we want and need to get to tomorrow.

Keep rocking it Benning.

I am guessing the TSN 1040 media team might say the same thing about the OP. And they do not always agree with each other. I personally have a lot of respect for Sekeres. Not so much for Bro Jake. (And by the way, Team 1040 changed to TSN 1040 in August 2014.).

If Prust is the player this thread is named for, then it is a bit odd to emphasize speed and skill. Prust might be a good addition but he is neither fast nor a "skill" player, and he would be the first to admit that.

Not sure how the Prust for Kassian trade adds to the Canuck choices. Both players are on expiring contracts in the 2015-16 and the Canucks could walk away from either player at the end of next year with no further contractual obligations. The difference is that Kassian is still an RFA so the Canucks would have had the option to keep him at reasonable cost if they wanted. That is not true with Prust, who can walk if he wants. Therefore, I would say that the trade reduces the Canucks' options.

Anyway, obviously the OP is a big fan of Benning. Personally, I want to see how things go this season. My read so far is that he has done a good job of adding to the pipeline but a lot of his other moves (Miller, Sbisa, Prust) are questionable. But we will get a chance to see who is right or at least we will get a lot more information about these players in 2015-16.

Keep rocking it Benning.

Prust is an addition at this point. Whether he'll be good or bad is only going to be known during next season.

What did Gallagher and Redden say about Prust?

Prust is over-rated, go see what Stamkos (yeah a guy who knows how to score thinks about him) and yeah his sudden referee out brust will make him a great target for referees. Penalty Prust Penalty Prust Penalty Prust Penalty Burrows and repeat. You win games by scoring and Prust won't provide this; whereas, Kassian when he did play made a impact on the scoresheet.

This trade is going to sting in the future, worst trade ever and no I can't sit back and say yeah its a good deal because its simply not. No manager would trade a young 24 year old for a ageing grinder. Heck, even NHL 15 won't accept this trade, this trade will hurt us because Kassian has too much potential compared to Prust.

Prust is over-rated, go see what Stamkos (yeah a guy who knows how to score thinks about him) and yeah his sudden referee out brust will make him a great target for referees. Penalty Prust Penalty Prust Penalty Prust Penalty Burrows and repeat. You win games by scoring and Prust won't provide this; whereas, Kassian when he did play made a impact on the scoresheet.

This trade is going to sting in the future, worst trade ever and no I can't sit back and say yeah its a good deal because its simply not. No manager would trade a young 24 year old for a ageing grinder. Heck, even NHL 15 won't accept this trade, this trade will hurt us because Kassian has too much potential compared to Prust.

Agreed

imho Prust will be 'effective' for us until the regular season ends and the playoffs start. This is typically when the Canucks get jobbed the most by the refs. If we do not make the playoffs with Prust, then forget I said this.

I feel Prust isn't just a player we will have just to play out his last year of his contract and go, nor do I see Benning trading Brandon Prust at the deadline.

Like Dorsett, Prust is a player this team needs to have in the next few years rubbing shoulders with the younger players that will come up. Teaching them to work hard and be a consumate pro.

Hope Prust is here for a few more years than just this season.

Radio hosts get paid to talk and start a conversation. They have to come up with a little bit of controversy to keep ppl dialed in. Other wise its too bland and ppl don't listen. There are plenty of things radio hosts will say and do to keep you tuned in.

Having said that Pratt is annoying, especially when he tells a so called joke or thinks he's being funny, I along with most others never get it. Listening to Sekeres speak is like talking hockey to a 90 year old grandma. Just the phrases and sentences he uses are something my grandma would say.

Its easy to pick up when he lies which is too often for my liking. He'll say he knows about something which he has absolutely no clue about because he'll change the subject right after when his co host is still on topic. This is usually not hockey related but his character comes across as a net negative. Another thing that annoys me about Sekeres is out of conversation a particular player's name (player x) will come up and Sekeres will say "I was talking to a hockey scout yesterday" or "I was taking to a hockey source yesterday" and he said such and such about player x" just to qualify his opinion. It clearly comes across that he wasn't talking to a hockey scout yesterday about this particular player and he just made it up. Sometimes he'll retell this lie a cpl time in a very short time.

Heck, even NHL 15 won't accept this trade, this trade will hurt us because Kassian has too much potential compared to Prust.

You do realize that the NHL 15 values are from before Kass was a healthy scratch many times and before he suffered his back injury. Next you'll be bragging that you could have got far more for Kassian in NHL 15 than what JB did in the real world. Kids nowadays...

Archived