The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congrats to Lu - moving up in all time wins - Luuuu

Rate this topic

gizmo2337

7 hours ago, Lafayettecrossbar said:

Not using Google, just gonna take a wild guess: 

Vancouver, Winnipeg, Chicago, & Vegas (do they count?)? 

Even using google I can't find the answers. I heard the commentators mention it during a game, but wish they said who.

On 11/16/2017 at 10:19 PM, Master Mind said:

I didn't see them, but I believe it.

Apparently there's 4 teams remaining that Lu hasn't shut out. Any idea who they are?

Hmmm I'd love to know who they are as well...

Fun Fact... there's 31 teams Markstrom hasn't shut out yet. 

Jk I love Marky but yea his shutout stat is pretty sad. 

9 hours ago, Lafayettecrossbar said:

Not using Google, just gonna take a wild guess: 

Vancouver, Winnipeg, Chicago, & Vegas (do they count?)?

He's actually shutout Chicago multiple times. (Seriously, there for a few years he owned them.)

But I really wanted to know which teams the commentators were talking about, so using his ESPN game logs I tried to figure it out by writing down the teams he had a shutout against and then eliminating them from a list of NHL teams. I may have made a mistake, but here's what I was left with:

Detroit
NY Islanders
Ottawa
Vancouver
Vegas
Winnipeg

A couple of notes:

Luo did shut out Atlanta once, so the commentators probably eliminated Winnipeg for that reason.

Also, Luo has been a part of at least 2 team shutouts that I can remember. (I originally only removed teams if he played the full game.) So I googled it and found out that the team shutout with Vancouver was against Colorado and one with Florida was against Ottawa. Colorado was already off the list, but the commentators probably removed Ottawa from the list for that reason.

So, by process of elimination I believe the 4 other teams the commentators were talking about were:

Detroit
NY Islanders
Vancouver
Vegas

Edited by poetica
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, poetica said:

He's actually shutout Chicago multiple times. (Seriously, there for a few years he owned them.)

But I really wanted to know which teams the commentators were talking about, so using his ESPN game logs I tried to figure it out by writing down the teams he had a shutout against and then eliminating them from a list of NHL teams. I may have made a mistake, but here's what I was left with:

Detroit
NY Islanders
Ottawa
Vancouver
Vegas
Winnipeg

A couple of notes:

Luo did shut out Atlanta once, so the commentators probably eliminated Winnipeg for that reason.

Also, Luo has been a part of at least 2 team shutouts that I can remember. (I originally only removed teams if he played the full game.) So I googled it and found out that the team shutout with Vancouver was against Colorado and one with Florida was against Ottawa. Colorado was already off the list, but the commentators probably removed Ottawa from the list for that reason.

So, by process of elimination I believe the 4 other teams the commentators were talking about were:

Detroit
NY Islanders
Vancouver
Vegas

Thanks for digging that up. I'm guessing you are right on Winnipeg and Ottawa being taken off the list.

Here's to hoping Lu scratches 3 more teams off his list! ;)

• Upvote 2

On 11/8/2015 at 9:06 PM, LaBamba said:

Sadly when all of you young guys are on an Internet form with a bunch of young guns (like I am right now) having this same conversation. I'll bet one of you will tell the story of Roberto Luongo. Believe it or not, without the Stanley cups, he will be forgotten. Just like poor Mike Liut. 

@strombone1 will NEVER be forgotten.

52 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I swear if he had played on a better team at the beginning of his career instead of Florida, he would of had at least 100 more wins and would be in 2nd place.

That might have made the difference between 2nd most wins.  Or instead now he will probably get 3rd if he sticks around, but will also be 1st in loses.  

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Sadly true, but 2010 Team Canada was better then the cup!

Gotta disagree with you on that one. I'd trade Canada's last 3 golds for 1 cup in Vancouver, but that's just me. The Stanley Cup is without question the more difficult trophy to win as well.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BCNeil said:

That might have made the difference between 2nd most wins.  Or instead now he will probably get 3rd if he sticks around, but will also be 1st in loses.  

Well he’s 92W away from 2nd. So if he plays out his contract and can get 12 more wins this year... he’ll need to average 20 wins/year. I think it’s definitely possible. And hopefully it keeps him playing so that we don’t get that almost 9m/year cap hit for signing him. 

15 hours ago, JV77 said:

Yup just about to post about that!

Roberto Luongo of the @FlaPanthers is the second goaltender in NHL history to earn 200+ wins with two different franchises, joining Patrick Roy. #NHLStats #FLAvsNJD

DPr8zZVXkAE0nIM.jpg
5 replies109 retweets288 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Goat. 

13 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Sadly true, but 2010 Team Canada was better then the cup!

Don't get me wrong... that was epic... I was on granville for the aftermath... but a Canucks cup would mean 10x more to me than any gold medal. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Riviera82 said:

Gotta disagree with you on that one. I'd trade Canada's last 3 golds for 1 cup in Vancouver, but that's just me. The Stanley Cup is without question the more difficult trophy to win as well.

I'll agree winning the Cup is much harder, and as a Canuck fan I do want a cup! But for Lu's sake winning that Gold for Olympics on home turf is very rare, yes winning it in other countries happens but on your home turf that's something else, not many can say that. 

7 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'll agree winning the Cup is much harder, and as a Canuck fan I do want a cup! But for Lu's sake winning that Gold for Olympics on home turf is very rare, yes winning it in other countries happens but on your home turf that's something else, not many can say that. 

I'll agree with you on that. Winning a gold at home is pretty special.

On 11/23/2017 at 11:28 AM, poetica said:

Detroit
NY Islanders
Vancouver
Vegas

Technically he did get a shutout *AS* a NY Islander (and of course, the number of shutouts as a Canuck goalie).:P

17 hours ago, Riviera82 said:

I'll agree with you on that. Winning a gold at home is pretty special.

On 11/28/2017 at 2:21 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

It is incredibly special... but Canada has won gold 3 out of the 4 previous Olympics... 2002, 2010, 2014... Sure Luongo was the only one to win it on home ice... not to mention he did it in his NHL teams arena... and he was in my books the MVP of that year but it's just not the same as if the NHL hadn't fixed the 2011 final and let him get the cup in 2011. 

The Canucks haven't won 3 of the past 4 cups... let alone one cup in almost 50 years. (Not saying that they didn't deserve a few cups had the NHL not rigged games) 

But winning a gold is nothing compared to the cup. It's an incredible accomplishment... don't get me wrong. Luongo deserves a statue in the HHOF for his performance in 2010. But it's just not the cup.