The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver vs Minnesota at 4:00pm

Odd.

1 minute ago, KeslerWho? said:

Lol, Bieksa for nothing. Garrison didn't have a great year with us before we traded him. Just because he's real good in Tampa, doesn't mean he was real good for us. 

Like most I realize garrison wasn't good in van and bieska was in need of a change the point is who replaced them Bart Weber sbisa. It reminds me of when jovo ohlund mcabe got hurt and Nonis replaced them with carnie whienrich and brown. It didn't work out then either 

3 minutes ago, PONCHE said:

Anyone else find it interested how heavily Canucks were used in that piece on the refs? (Sutter, Hamhuis, Linden)

Given our teams history with league officials, and our fan base insisting that the refs are out to get us....

I wonder if it was meant as some kind of a good faith gesture with SN playing the role of mediator.

Sportsnet, much like the NHL Officials Asshatociation believe in a scumbag code that the officials word is gospel and not absolute crap. 

6 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

And they truly are. Dump and chase, soft as cheese, lack of skill, 20 minute efforts, no chemistry, no offense defensiveman so on and so on.

As a fan and an observer I only see what I can see which is the product on the ice. What goes behind the scene is not my business, do you expect any fans to know who is available through trade?

We had a Cody Franson (who is miles ahead of Weber) on the UFA market and did not do anything, for example.

As for the other quote regarding Miller, he's and average - below average goalie who is getting paid like a top 10 goalie. I would take a Sekera and Lack over Miller any day of the week.

Then we would be in a worse position than we already are and you'd still be complaining 

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I saw Canada vs the Swiss with Sbisa and Nino in Saskatoon - aside from the finish (I think it was 5-0 Canada) you could really see the progress in Swiss hockey - could skate with Canada, were physical, just had a slight lag on the depth of skillsets.

The Swiss program is consisently pumping up first round picks now.  They could very well win a metal at the 2018 olympics

Archived