The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver vs Minnesota at 4:00pm

Odd.

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I have two for sbisa, two for elder, one for bartkowski and one for Higgins....but i could have missed a few....seems like it's all giveaway and missed passes...

and if of course one for cracknell that led to that 2 minute fire drill in our zone.

3 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

Sbisa hasnt been that bad, he cant breakout because our forwards are giving him nothing

I was just joking guys ;)

1 minute ago, KeslerWho? said:

And how are we supposed to get a great defenseman? Who do we have to trade? We could've drafted one this year or the one before but we'd still be in the exact same position 

You should ask the GM of the Vancouver Canucks, not me. That's not my job. Cap savings from Bonino and trading Miller would have been enough to sign a 5/6 M defenseman.

1 minute ago, JohnTavares said:

You should ask the GM of the Vancouver Canucks, not me. That's not my job. Cap savings from Bonino and trading Miller would have been enough to sign a 5/6 M defenseman.

But you're the one complaining about it and saying this team is boring to watch. So surely you must have some sort of opinion on how to fix it? Or are you just speaking and hoping no one is listening? 

2 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

There were no legit 5-6 mill defenseman available, and dumping our legit number one goalie for a band aid dman is a terrible idea...

What I learned

Higgins can miss the net from anywhere on the ice, even within 6'

The Sedins play a more aggressive style of hockey than our fourth line

McCann and Virtanen were our best forwards. Unfortunately, when Minny took runs at them, no-one on our team stood up for them...guess the kids are on their own.

Weber is just as useless as I thought.

For the most part (Sedins excepted) we are unable to gain possession in the O zone or generate any kind of offensive pressure.

Refs - cheap shot late on Virt by Suter = no call. Late hit by Dumba (retaliatory) on Virt = no call.  Not hard to see why Minny has such a good home record when they are aloud to run amuck like that. 

Being tied 1-1 is very complimentary to our boys so far.

Archived