The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Emerson Etem | RW/LW

Gstank29

3 minutes ago, Alexandre said:

My point is, maybe Benning deserves more credit for his trading ability.

Was kidding bud. And yes, Benning deserves all the credit for the Kesler trade. 

"Kess, do you want to stay or go?"

"Go, but only to two teams"

TRADE

Etem was great last night. He drew 3 penalties on speed alone. He's really fast for a guy that's 212, once he gets going he'll be difficult to contain. 

There was some defensive gaffs of course. That first goal against was Etem's check. It didn't help that both defensemen went to the corner where the puck wasn't, but the pass across had to be covered by Etem or the player making the pass be bodied. 

Not a bad game though, 13 mins, 2 shots, 2 hits and 3 drawn penalties. I'll take it. 

This system complements my speed game, but the biggest thing is Willie (Desjardins) pulled me aside before the game and said don’t be afraid to make mistakes out there. Just play hard and track back and be smart about things. And then you can make the high-risk plays. "

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2016/01/11/canucks-post-game-daniels-double-matches-markus-dorsett-dishes-on-melee-jake-snakes-one-etems-energy-effective/

27 minutes ago, Canorth said:

This system complements my speed game, but the biggest thing is Willie (Desjardins) pulled me aside before the game and said don’t be afraid to make mistakes out there. Just play hard and track back and be smart about things. And then you can make the high-risk plays. "

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2016/01/11/canucks-post-game-daniels-double-matches-markus-dorsett-dishes-on-melee-jake-snakes-one-etems-energy-effective/

:wub:

Pretty good debut. You can definitely see the potential. Just up to him (and some good coaching) to put it together now.

Etem played a simple game, drew some penalties, took the puck to the net, showed chemistry with Vey. If they have another decent game together in Washington, I think Vey stays up for the rest of the year. Cracknell can be the odd man out.

Etem sure can skate, overall a good first impression.

2 hours ago, Yotes said:

Etem played a simple game, drew some penalties, took the puck to the net, showed chemistry with Vey. If they have another decent game together in Washington, I think Vey stays up for the rest of the year. Cracknell can be the odd man out.

Etem sure can skate, overall a good first impression.

See what Emerson does in Washington! 

On 1/12/2016 at 0:29 PM, Canorth said:

Really interesting quote.  It suggests that Willie is willing to cut rookies some slack as well as vets, which is not the dominant narrative around here.  Must be because Etem did time in the Hat (just kidding)! 

That was a strong game from Etem against Florida and I'm glad Willie's giving him a green light.  This is going to be a great pickup for us.

2 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Really interesting quote.  It suggests that Willie is willing to cut rookies some slack as well as vets, which is not the dominant narrative around here.  Must be because Etem did time in the Hat (just kidding)! 

That was a strong game from Etem against Florida and I'm glad Willie's giving him a green light.  This is going to be a great pickup for us.

Haha good one. Every joke though has a message. Etem is Willie's Vey version 2.0.

1 minute ago, chilliwiggins said:

yes but every deal and transaction has to have results on the scoreboard but more importantly the standings otherwise this will be short lived as its not benning and linden who play the bills..   just sayin.    .500 wont get management extensions in 2016 right?

they have a window of this season to middle around the standings I would think, but next year I'm sure it  has to be all business and in the playoffs.

Fair comment.  If we can reconstruct our D with two good free agent acquistions this summer we should be competitive again next year.  Our forward depth and quality is really looking good at this stage. 

8 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

I'm not sure if people realize just how good this kid can be. He has all the tools in the toolbox, and if he has the drive, he could be the best one out of Bear, McCann or Virtanen.

Wonder why Ana and NY never saw this.

Perhaps you are right and he ends up being a late bloomer

I game is a small sample size.  I remember Jensen having a few great games with the Canucks too.

1 minute ago, Winter Soldier said:

Jensen got time with the Sedins, tho.

Regardless, I recall Nuck fans talking up Jensen big time. 

Apparently the Canuck mythology that 'any player can score +++ goals with the Sedins' is showing cracks.  Vrbata, Bur and now Dorsett.  Who's next?  Prust?  Cracks?

1 minute ago, helpsu2score said:

Regardless, I recall Nuck fans talking up Jensen big time. 

Apparently the Canuck mythology that 'any player can score +++ goals with the Sedins' is showing cracks.  Vrbata, Bur and now Dorsett.  Who's next?  Prust?  Cracks?

Dorsett will be fine, for a bit, with the Twins.

Archived