The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Remember when we had the best FO% in the league

drsofthands

I remember us having the best for a while at the start of the year, obviously sutter helped out. Now were at the bottom, 45%. Highlighted by Jared McCann who is the worst faceoff man in the entire league at 34.2%. Do you think we should move him. I dont see a place for him on the future of this team.

8 minutes ago, drsofthands said:

. Do you think we should move him. I dont see a place for him on the future of this team.

Move him to left wing on Vey's line ... snipe some of these sweet feeds Linden can make after Etem has dislodged the puck from a defenseman

kinda silly to say that. He is placed in top line role due to injuries. He is not ready, but has plenty of upside. Hank and Sutter will be back real soon. McCann has potential to be top 2 centerman, if not a top 3.  he is 19. He needs to build more strength in the off season. You don't give up on young talent simply when they struggle.

19 minutes ago, drsofthands said:

I remember us having the best for a while at the start of the year, obviously sutter helped out. Now were at the bottom, 45%. Highlighted by Jared McCann who is the worst faceoff man in the entire league at 34.2%. Do you think we should move him. I dont see a place for him on the future of this team.

.........wah? You're trolling us, right?

40 minutes ago, drsofthands said:

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/37162448.jpg

24 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/37162448.jpg

lol, this. Face-offs determine the future of a new upcoming centreman? Most young centres are terrible at faceoffs compared to NHL vets. Not everyone is Bo Horvat. Give him time.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm....... what?!

Man vs Boy. Man wins.

1) He is incredibly talented

2) He is going against grown men with 10000+ faceoffs

3) He is 19 y/o

4) He is one of our best back checkers, never gives up and has a great sense of where to be on the ice at all times

NO DO NOT GIVE UP ON HIM! Did the Canuck's give up on the Sedin's early in their career? Look at what happened when Sh*tsburgh gave up on Naslund and traded him for an "upgrade".  It is way too early in his career to come to any sort of conclusion as to what impact he is going to have in this league.

1 hour ago, drsofthands said:

Yes he has no future on this team.  Doh.

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

.........wah? You're trolling us, right?

That was certainly my take.  It seemed like a pretty transparent troll attempt. 

There's no reason to answer it seriously, of course.

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

2010-11 was the season where the Canucks were:

• 1st place for Wins
  • 1st place for Points
  • 1st place for Most Goals Scored
  • 1st place for Fewest Goals Allowed
  • 1st place for PP%
  • 1st place for FOW%
  • 3rd place for PK%

.... 2nd For the cup. :( 

Archived