The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] A Little More On The Future Of Prust.

Boddy604

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story.html?id=11677560

Prust didn't want to comment on his future with the Canucks. Used his ankle injury as the reason for being ineffective. Fair enough. Except for his comment about rookies standing up for themselves and not doing anything when Sedin got hurt. That's not a hurt ankle, bud.

Desjardins kinda dodged the question when asked and just said since his injury he hasn't been the same.

His agent said they have not asked for a trade but if he isn't in the lineup soon, he will likely be moved.

There's a video on canucks website where Desjardins mentions the Prust situation but what is mentioned here is really all that's said. If this was a guy you saw as part of the team though, I'd think you'd have something more positive than "he was good till he got hurt".

3 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

Prust didn't want to comment on his future with the Canucks. Used his ankle injury as the reason for being ineffective. Fair enough. Except for his comment about rookies standing up for themselves and not doing anything when Sedin got hurt. That's not a hurt ankle, bud.

Desjardins kinda dodged the question when asked and just said since his injury he hasn't been the same.

His agent said they have not asked for a trade but if he isn't in the lineup soon, he will likely be moved.

There's a video on canucks website where Desjardins mentions the Prust situation but what is mentioned here is really all that's said. If this was a guy you saw as part of the team though, I'd think you'd have something more positive than "he was good till he got hurt".

Couldn't agree more! Prust has to go! 

Ever since he said the kids had to learn to stick up for themselves and that it wasn't his job....

That literally IS your job!  That's why you were brought here!...  or should I say WAS your job...

Mentoring the kids...FAIL!  

Protecting the kids to give them a "safe learning environment" as Linden put it.....FAIL!

Bye Bye Prust!  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!  We'll be lucky to get a 5th round pick.

6 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

Source?  I'm sure he said it but the article doesn't have that quote.

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Couldn't agree more! Prust has to go! 

Ever since he said the kids had to learn to stick up for themselves and that it wasn't his job....

That literally IS your job!  That's why you were brought here!...  or should I say WAS your job...

Mentoring the kids...FAIL!  

Protecting the kids to give them a "safe learning environment" as Linden put it.....FAIL!

Bye Bye Prust!  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!  We'll be lucky to get a 5th round pick.

Couldn't agree more. Getting rid of him sends a real message too. To both the team and the league. And it's "we're a team here and if you don't want to buy into the system, you're out."

Personally I think that's awesome.

I can't say I've been disappointed in his play, because he's performed just as I had expected.  I'm not sure what NYR or MTL ever saw in him, but if he's a player who apparently shines in those markets then I think he's heading back there at free agency, regardless of what the Canucks think about him.

The question is if Prust has any trade value whatsoever this deadline.  If so, then that's an automatic adios in my view.

I accept that Prust had a legitimate injury - nothing or no one to blame for that. 

I would be shocked if Prust was with this organization past the trade deadline - then we'll see a frown emoticon from Dorsett's twitter account unfortunately. 

16 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

Couldn't agree more. Getting rid of him sends a real message too. To both the team and the league. And it's "we're a team here and if you don't want to buy into the system, you're out."

Personally I think that's awesome.

Definately. I think that's very important. It sets a good example for the kids in the system that if you buy in, work hard, and are a team first guy, then you'll be rewarded. We should not be rewarding antics like Prust's tantrum when he was going to be scratched against NYR. I think WD caving and scratching Virtanen to dress Prust was a big mistake. Set a horrible example that if you complain you'll get your way. Not the kind of mentoring he was brought here to do!

the guy has been a wuss here.  a few staged wrestling matches and not much else.  dump the million $ contract for 3 of timmies doughnuts. he fit the bill at the start of the season but has faded and has to be replaced.  we still have that little problem of darn little on the farm to replace him with tho.  it's getting better, but benning is doing a wonderful job so far

4 minutes ago, bushdog said:

the guy has been a wuss here.  a few staged wrestling matches and not much else.  dump the million $ contract for 3 of timmies doughnuts. he fit the bill at the start of the season but has faded and has to be replaced.  we still have that little problem of darn little on the farm to replace him with tho.  it's getting better, but benning is doing a wonderful job so far

Dorsett-Zalewski-Virtanen looked pretty good.

Zalewski-McCann-Dorsett is another option.

So is Gaunce or Shinkaruk.

Prust was never in the long term plans. He was signed to a 1 year deal to add protection, push back, and toughness with more youth in the line-up. He got injured and we're re-evaluating now that we're heading into the back end of the season. Prust did what he was supposed to do earlier in the season, things are changing, and both sides are preparing. Nothing too shocking about the situation.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Prust was never in the long term plans. He was signed to a 1 year deal to add protection, push back, and toughness with more youth in the line-up. He got injured and we're re-evaluating now that we're heading into the back end of the season. Prust did what he was supposed to do earlier in the season, things are changing, and both sides are preparing. Nothing too shocking about the situation.

I'm Shocked!

Just now, chilliwiggins said:

well mostly right but he was brought in with a year remaining on his four year contract with montreal.   but yes he would not sign here even if we wanted him as his fiancé isn't ever moving here as that was clear day after he was traded

Thanks for the correction. I just looked at it in the same light as a 1 year deal. 

Archived