The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] A Little More On The Future Of Prust.

Boddy604

Prust hurt his ankle, I get that. But he can't be using it as an excuse not to do his job, I'm sorry. He isn't playing injured out there, he's playing disinterested. There is a huge difference. Injured players still put effort in their games, whereas Prust floats. He never wanted to be here since day 1, and I think he's trying to force a trade with his uninspired play. 

What was Prust supposed to do after the Sedins injury? Grabovski got tossed, so he can't go after him. The hit wasn't intentional by any means so Prust should just go postal on some random Isles player because the fans are upset that a player got hurt? 

I do agree that he needs to be out there defending the kids though. That is definitely one of his responsibilities.

7 minutes ago, Toews said:

What was Prust supposed to do after the Sedins injury? Grabovski got tossed, so he can't go after him. The hit wasn't intentional by any means so Prust should just go postal on some random Isles player because the fans are upset that a player got hurt? 

I do agree that he needs to be out there defending the kids though. That is definitely one of his responsibilities.

Somebody should have answered the bell.

12 minutes ago, Toews said:

Everybody but Prust went after Tavares in that game. 

He didn't have to pull a Bertuzzi, but at least do something. 

28 minutes ago, Toews said:

Dorsett and Bartkowski both responded. Even McCann was more of a tough guy in that game. Prust? He just kinda stood back and watched. That was his job to step in, not Bart and McCann's.

47 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Prust hurt his ankle, I get that. But he can't be using it as an excuse not to do his job, I'm sorry. He isn't playing injured out there, he's playing disinterested. There is a huge difference. Injured players still put effort in their games, whereas Prust floats. He never wanted to be here since day 1, and I think he's trying to force a trade with his uninspired play. 

Agreed. +1

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Look at Hendricks after Hall was hit, went after there best young player in Ekblad. Not saying you gotta give the guy a concussion and get suspended, but you gotta show that that your not going to be pushed around, and stick up for your best player. He also fought Gudbranson (was it twice?)

2 hours ago, Boddy604 said:

Dorsett and Bartkowski both responded. Even McCann was more of a tough guy in that game. Prust? He just kinda stood back and watched. That was his job to step in, not Bart and McCann's.

Wrong. It's everyone's job to respond, not just Prust's. You can't have one or 2 players stepping up when there's a dirty hit (especially one against your captain), the whole team has to provide retribution.

21 minutes ago, meh_wassup said:

Wrong. It's everyone's job to respond, not just Prust's. You can't have one or 2 players stepping up when there's a dirty hit (especially one against your captain), the whole team has to provide retribution.

That's true. But Prust is only in the NHL for that role. The weight is on his shoulders more than others. It's literally his job.

3 hours ago, HC20.0 said:

Prust hurt his ankle, I get that. But he can't be using it as an excuse not to do his job, I'm sorry. He isn't playing injured out there, he's playing disinterested. There is a huge difference. Injured players still put effort in their games, whereas Prust floats. He Never wanted to be here since day 1, and I think he's trying to force a trade with his uninspired play. 

Pretty much.  He never wanted to be here or anywhere but MTL.  Prust was a fan favorite there and was pretty good for them and a lot Habs fans hated him going.  I think Bergevin only moved him because he saw potential in Kassian.

Just now, tas said:

it baffles me how many people on this website seem to believe that every nhl team is desperate to reacquire every single player they've ever traded. 

bizarre. 

Exactly this. 

The real funny thing about Prust is how many on cdc raved the he was great character guy with leadership qualities. 

I guess they missed his previous play-off antics.

Archived