The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Dan's face was rebuilt

zduck14

Nasty, I can't even imagine. That seems like some serious personal hell, trapped in your head, tripping balls, no talk, no eat... Makes me want to puke thinking about it.

I've had a few surgeries, knee, ankle and shoulder. Also, compressed 3 (fractured 2) vertabrae, broken wrist (x2), broken ankle, broken arm, broken clavical, a few ligament tears and countless other minor sprains, but I cannot begin to imagine Dan's road to recovery.

What a gruesome injury, what a warrior to soldier on. We need to keep that guy around.

This could have been a career ending injury. Not in the sense that he couldn't physically play, but the fact that he may have not wanted to play because of the lingering mental problems that come from such a gruesome injury. He's clearly made a lot of money playing hockey and is a very devout family man, so I could've seen him go "this is my sign to leave the game" and just stopped playing. Thankfully he's back and I hope we can pull a Vermette with him. He should retire as a Canuck, he just needs to do a detour with another team in order for the Canucks to position themselves better in the near future.

1 hour ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Pretty gruesome. Hard to believe he would even want to keep playing after that. 

He's a BC boy, I expected nothing less!

I'm very happy that Bennng has focused on picking up Canadian prospects. Canadians will lead this country to a Stanley Cup, that's how it should be. 

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Nasty, I can't even imagine. That seems like some serious personal hell, trapped in your head, tripping balls, no talk, no eat... Makes me want to puke thinking about it.

I've had a few surgeries, knee, ankle and shoulder. Also, compressed 3 (fractured 2) vertabrae, broken wrist (x2), broken ankle, broken arm, broken clavical, a few ligament tears and countless other minor sprains, but I cannot begin to imagine Dan's road to recovery.

What a gruesome injury, what a warrior to soldier on. We need to keep that guy around.

You ride motorcycles I'm guessing?

First thing I saw Richard Dean Anderson in was the old Pearl Harbour movie, he had the role of Lt. Tyler, the guy that blew off the warning from the radar unit, until he got confirmation.

"You wanted confirmation, there's your confirmation" camera pans to a lot of burning ships.

Archived