The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson: Here to make game miserable for opps top players *Updated

Positive Canuck

Sounds like future Captain material.

Gudbranson: I'm there to make the game miserable for top players

Erik Gudbranson says his game is making life miserable for top players on other teams and he doesn’t like when guys take liberties on his teammates. Gudbranson says he’s looking forward to the physical style in the West, and also says he welcomes the opportunity to become more involved offensively.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/gudbranson-i-m-there-to-make-the-game-miserable-for-top-players-1.501053

I for one am 100% stoked he's enroute, exactly what are D needs.

Trymakin-Gudbranson shifts will be so much fun.

Ill post the interview as soon as its up.

Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 9.51.40 AM.png

1 minute ago, Fateless said:

Pretty sure Benning already stated Gudbranson will be playing on a line with Hutton, not Tryamkin. But, should that event happen - it would be pretty entertaining.

I'm aware of that, but how long do you think it will be before we see those 2 on the ice at the same time.

#IronCurtain

Just now, Positive Canuck said:

I'm aware of that, but how long do you think it will be before we see those 2 on the ice at the same time.

#IronCurtain

Depends on how Tryamkin develops, but I still don't really see a good reason to have them on the same line other than for a few laughs at crushing the opponent. You want to balance your line-up so that you have solid defense, some offense and some grit on every line at the same time - throwing your two biggest guys on the same pairing means your other two pairings are that much smaller in comparison.

So it will depend on how Tryamkin develops the rest of his game, but I don't really expect to see them on the same line much.

14 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Depends on how Tryamkin develops, but I still don't really see a good reason to have them on the same line other than for a few laughs at crushing the opponent. You want to balance your line-up so that you have solid defense, some offense and some grit on every line at the same time - throwing your two biggest guys on the same pairing means your other two pairings are that much smaller in comparison.

So it will depend on how Tryamkin develops the rest of his game, but I don't really expect to see them on the same line much.

Penalty kill.

8 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Penalty kill.

Potentially, but that kind of defeats the excitement of having them on the same line since they won't be lining people up all shift long - they'll be blocking shots and passes the majority of the time.

2 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Potentially, but that kind of defeats the excitement of having them on the same line since they won't be lining people up all shift long - they'll be blocking shots and passes the majority of the time.

True, but that's kind of what they already do.

12 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Penalty kill.

That'd be my guess.

So 5 on 5:

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Sbisa Tryamkin

Pedan Larsen

PK:

Tryamkin Gudbranson

Sbisa Tanev

Not sure on PP, and depends on Larsen mixing in but maybe the same as 5 on 5? Otherwise that's my guess on how they'll work the main pairings.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

If we win a cup, will it matter?

I could ask the exact same question, just changing 'win' to 'don't win'.

28 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Well if Hartley gets another job and lines up a bunch of goons for the opening face off, we will put Trymakin Gudbranson Pedan on the ice.  As our opening line. 

Just want to see it once. 

Archived