Canucks Community

Gudbranson: Here to make game miserable for opps top players *Updated

Positive Canuck

4 hours ago, Positive Canuck said:

Id be 100% o.k with starting
Lucic-Pedan-Dorsett
Tryamkin-Gudbranson

for Hartley and Ferland.

And then Ferland goes on to pick a fight with Dorsett. Angers the rest of the team into taking retaliatory penalties. Oh and Hartley is out as the Flames coach.

2 hours ago, Positive Canuck said:

u nailed that pile of trash.

Gallgher is pure cancer, Sekeres a nasally sounding clickbaiting professional troll, same with Botchford and Pratt ? hahahahaha 

Who do you prefer? Kenward and Imac's biased glass half full, everything is green and blue style reporting? 

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

Beast on ice - somewhat.  He ranked 81st in the league in hits last year.  Pretty decent, but nothing spectacular enough to truly call him a "beast".

Defensively sound?  Inconsistently, at best, and his corsi numbers are pretty bad.  Granted, I don't know if Florida typically matched him up against the biggest opposition lines, but overall his stats are not what I would call impressive, or anything to get excited about.

I said it in another post and I'll say it again - I haven't watched him play, so maybe he is bringing more to the table than the stats suggest.  Many experts see the merit of this trade for us, but I'll reserve judgement until I see him play.

Analytics at its best!

2 hours ago, kloubek said:

Beast on ice - somewhat.  He ranked 81st in the league in hits last year.  Pretty decent, but nothing spectacular enough to truly call him a "beast".

Defensively sound?  Inconsistently, at best, and his corsi numbers are pretty bad.  Granted, I don't know if Florida typically matched him up against the biggest opposition lines, but overall his stats are not what I would call impressive, or anything to get excited about.

I said it in another post and I'll say it again - I haven't watched him play, so maybe he is bringing more to the table than the stats suggest.  Many experts see the merit of this trade for us, but I'll reserve judgement until I see him play.

You're not really in any position to comment on his corsi or how bad you think it might be if you have no idea of the context of his usage.

Then again, that wouldn't really distinguish you from the "analytics" that have been peddled regarding Gudbranson - an even greater fail considering those pretenders should have an idea what they're talking about - but clearly don't.

7 hours ago, Positive Canuck said:

Sounds like future Captain material.

Gudbranson: I'm there to make the game miserable for top players

Erik Gudbranson says his game is making life miserable for top players on other teams and he doesn’t like when guys take liberties on his teammates. Gudbranson says he’s looking forward to the physical style in the West, and also says he welcomes the opportunity to become more involved offensively.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/gudbranson-i-m-there-to-make-the-game-miserable-for-top-players-1.501053

I for one am 100% stoked he's enroute, exactly what are D needs.

Trymakin-Gudbranson shifts will be so much fun.

Ill post the interview as soon as its up.

Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 9.51.40 AM.png

That's Pleasant.

7 hours ago, Fateless said:

Depends on how Tryamkin develops, but I still don't really see a good reason to have them on the same line other than for a few laughs at crushing the opponent. You want to balance your line-up so that you have solid defense, some offense and some grit on every line at the same time - throwing your two biggest guys on the same pairing means your other two pairings are that much smaller in comparison.

So it will depend on how Tryamkin develops the rest of his game, but I don't really expect to see them on the same line much.

This also takes some pressure off Tryampkin's development. These 2 were not meant to play together.

6 hours ago, Type R said:

Listening to Willie yesterday, it sounds like big G isn't a lock next to Hutton, and they will try things out.  Play the tandem who have chemistry AND KEEP THEM TOGETHER.

Thanks for this post OP, I love his enthusiasm, I hope its infectious!

Exactly, Willie is the coach and therefore decides who's paired with who.

NO one can argue that this trade didn't Make Vancouver a better team.
  We got rid of a Tweener, (cmon lets be honest, McCann had 2 goals in the 2016 calender year)

top 4 dmans don't grow on trees.  second round picks do, sure its a high pick and stings a little but I do this trade over and over again.  Not sure wtf Tom Rowe (panthers gm) is really doing. The real loser here is him, since he could have gotten more have he attempted a bid war for Gudbranson. 

A lot of teams will now actively keep their heads up with Guddy44 and Tryamkin patrolling our defence, oh man our team is really going to be very hard to beat.  Sure not as versatile as the 2011 defence, but very very very hard to play against.

7 hours ago, Fateless said:

Depends on how Tryamkin develops, but I still don't really see a good reason to have them on the same line other than for a few laughs at crushing the opponent. You want to balance your line-up so that you have solid defense, some offense and some grit on every line at the same time - throwing your two biggest guys on the same pairing means your other two pairings are that much smaller in comparison.

So it will depend on how Tryamkin develops the rest of his game, but I don't really expect to see them on the same line much.

There's a case to be made for Gudbranson-Tryamkin as a pk pairing.  Nobody would hang around the crease and their reaches could really disrupt any passes through the middle.  I bet we see it as an experiment, at the very least. 

I know I said this a million times already, but the trade was still pretty bad. That being said, Gudbranson is still a great player, welcome aboard! We have you, Pedan, Sbisa, and Tryamkin on defense to destroy players and Virtanen, Dorsett, Grenier, and maybe someone like Lucic (after free agency) on offense to destroy players. Benning really is making this team like the Bruins in 2011.

Erik Gudbranson says his game is making life miserable for top players on other teams and he doesn’t like when guys take liberties on his teammates.

We need this so very very much. I don't care at all about some hypothetical Corsi bs, being tough, intimidating other other team and making guys pay the price has been lacking for years on this team. 

21 minutes ago, Sean Avery said:

I know I said this a million times already, but the trade was still pretty bad. That being said, Gudbranson is still a great player, welcome aboard! We have you, Pedan, Sbisa, and Tryamkin on defense to destroy players and Virtanen, Dorsett, Grenier, and maybe someone like Lucic (after free agency) on offense to destroy players. Benning really is making this team like the Bruins in 2011.

How could you have said this a million times with only 6 posts?

Archived