The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson: Here to make game miserable for opps top players *Updated

Positive Canuck

6 minutes ago, Oliewud said:

better than sekeres though... the afternoon show is sooo much better.

Sekeres is awful, the voice is fingernails on chalkboard , plus all he does is troll the team for a living.

he should be trolled mercilessly any time he's in public or on the air.

2 hours ago, Positive Canuck said:

I'm aware of that, but how long do you think it will be before we see those 2 on the ice at the same time.

#IronCurtain

Probably not regularly at least.  If we ditch Sbisa for a skill D, then we have really balanced defensive pairings.

Tryamkin so far hasn't shown the kind of nasty streak folks are suggesting, but his size means that when he gives someone a little crosscheck, they fall down.

Him seeing Gudbranson play and learning that style of play could bode very well for us.

2 hours ago, Positive Canuck said:

how long do you think it will be before we see those 2 on the ice at the same time.

Never!  Don't you know about the rule that the NHL has created to stop anything good every happening to/for Vancouver fans? 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Its going to have to be a hip check to avoid a head shot, on skates Gud is about 20" taller than little johnny. 

If he hits him squarely it doesn't matter if there's contact to the head, just saying.

Gudbranson and Trymakin on the PK could be deadly..

An entire rink side to side is 44 feet, These guys share a 20 foot side to side diameter. That's pretty special.

I will always say the best defensive pairing that never happened was Chara - Pronger..

3 hours ago, HC20.0 said:

I already really like Gudbranson. 

I can't Believe anyone complained , even with the price. This is a guy that is not only a beast on the ice and defensively sound , he's also a great teammate. Hopefully a long term staple here. Not often guys like him become available 

2 hours ago, wshdrvvn said:

the more I think about it, the more excited I get to see Hutton-Gudbranson.  I am very confident saying Gudbranson will bring out the best in Hutton's offensive game.  Then on the other hand, I believe Ben will make him a better player by guiding the ship offensively.  Eric will be able to play a defensive role he is most comfortable in.  I can't wait for camp to start!!

And Hutton's playmaking will be setting EG for some nice bombs ::D

2 hours ago, Oliewud said:

better than sekeres though... the afternoon show is sooo much better.

Donny and moj are the best. Miss connected with Donny. Met Donny at my sisters wedding. Just as funny In person , and knows his stuff 

5 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

I can't Believe anyone complained , even with the price. This is a guy that is not only a beast on the ice and defensively sound , he's also a great teammate. Hopefully a long term staple here. Not often guys like him become available 

Couldn't agree more. But to be fair, we could trade Dorsett for Crosby and CDC would still complain...

Archived