The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

Does anyone have an in depth analysis/review on Necas? He seems like one of those guys who could turn into one of the better players of the draft that most people knew nothing about. He's been ranked as high as 3rd overall, so I think getting a handle on him would be a good idea. He could be similar to Barkov in the sense that he's not a flashy player playing in a smaller market, so he could get a little under looked and under appreciated. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund

Sven - Bo - Goldy

Eriksson - Sutter - Boeser

Don’t care – Don’t Care - Dorsett

Sedins have found success with Granny, might as well leave that.

Move Bo and Sven into a 1b role, Goldy gives them more offense to be a constant scoring threat,  Bo and even sven are strong enough defensively to make that line reliable at both ends.  Would like to see them getting higher Ozone starts, and PP time.

Eriksson and Sutter are both good 2 way players,  that will help shelter Boeser's entry into the league but also playing with two vets will open up some space for him.  Eriksson and sutter are a perfect match,  Louis first found success in boston playing along side of soderberg and Kelly,  and then even more success playing with Bergeron, Marchand.  All very similar skillsets to Sutter and Boeser,  200 foot center and goal scoring winger. Eriksson had a tough transition this year, but I think will fit in better next year. If boeser isn't ready, there's a few options, Jake, Rodin if he's back with us, possible Boucher if he stays,  but i'd like to see Boeser get a shot. 

Don't care about the 4th line.  Would like to see pure enegry players,  Size and Speed.

I'm with you for Goldy, Bo, Baer.  He needs to be put with offensive players.  That would be the top scoring line on the team.

• Upvote 2

Nick Suzuki should be getting a lot more attention on here. Reminds me a bit of Jost last season. This guy skates great on his edges, has an NHL shot and finishing ability. Is absolutely dominating in the OHL this season in points. If we are drafting around 5 and are looking for a top 6 centre who lights up the score board he could be our guy!!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Nick Suzuki should be getting a lot more attention on here. Reminds me a bit of Jost last season. This guy skates great on his edges, has an NHL shot and finishing ability. Is absolutely dominating in the OHL this season in points. If we are drafting around 5 and are looking for a top 6 centre who lights up the score board he could be our guy!!

He's ranked like mid 20s...

6 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

He's ranked like mid 20s...

I've also seen him up near 10 on some lists as well FWIW.

This draft seems to be all over the map for the 5-25 range players. More so than usual. Could be an interesting year, might be a lot of apparent 'off the board' picks.

Can't wait until Benning picks a guy at like 7-8 that most lists had at like 15...CDC will explode :lol:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

This draft seems to be all over the map for the 5-25 range players. More so than usual. Could be an interesting year, might be a lot of apparent 'off the board' picks.

Can't wait until Benning picks a guy at like 7-8 that most lists had at like 15...CDC will explode :lol:

giphy.gif

If he picks Rasmussen or Tippett with our top pick I'm going to lose it.

That being said, if we somehow get a 1st round pick in the mid ranges, I'd take Rasmussen. But just not with our top pick.

Edited by Odd.

38 minutes ago, J.R. said:

giphy.gif

It's such a benning move to do that lol. We'll all freak the &^@# out like when he picked Boeser over Konecny. Then realize it was a good pick after a while.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Goudreau was taken in the fourth round?  But if JB likes this Suzuki, why not trade down to 10 - 15 and collect assets?

Exactly.  No matter how you look at it it's a bad pick at 5 considering we can trade down.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gooseberries said:

Exactly.  No matter how you look at it it's a bad pick at 5 considering we can trade down.

Absolutely agree.  To trade down from 5 to say 15 (where Suzuki is figured to go) could net us a very nice return.  I don't know what, but it could be a good young prospect, and (or) a couple second rounders maybe?  We really need a dynamic offensively gifted forward.

36 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Yeah I don't see either of those guys being Benning's pick. Don't think you have to worry.

He said he's going to scout some USHL this weekend and mittelstadt plays two games this weekend.

Hischer, liljegren JB likely saw a lot in WJC.

Vilardi while he's keeping a close look juolevi

Patrick & Vilimaki because it's close to home for him to watch WHL games

and pettersson since we know he was keeping an eye on Dalhen.

I highly doubt he's been to any games in that dump of a town Brooks this year.Tolvanen and tippet are wingers and JB said centers or D.

So I think the guys in JB list could be

Hischer, Patrick, mittelstadt, pettersson, liljegren, vilardi and Vilimaki

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

He said he's going to scout some USHL this weekend and mittelstadt plays two games this weekend.

Hischer, liljegren JB likely saw a lot in WJC.

Vilardi while he's keeping a close look juolevi

Patrick & Vilimaki because it's close to home for him to watch WHL games

and pettersson since we know he was keeping an eye on Dalhen.

I highly doubt he's been to any games in that dump of a town Brooks this year.Tolvanen and tippet are wingers and JB said centers or D.

So I think the guys in JB list could be

Hischer, Patrick, mittelstadt, pettersson, liljegren, vilardi and Vilimaki

I would agree with that and might even put Foote on that list too.  Extremely unlikely that he's even considering singers at this point.

14 hours ago, J.R. said:

In hoping we trade Baer personally Goldy has plenty of time to play on a higher line (Baer or otherwise). Doesn't have to happen next year in a line we all expect to take on the lion's share of top QOC and expectations to produce. He'll get plenty of opportunity with injuries and retiring Sedins. 

Spit balling here

Sutter for Niemi + Nichuskin

Tanev + Baertschi for Domi

Hutton + Virtanen + pick for Duchene

Draft Liljegren

Domi Duchene Goldy

Eriksson Horvat Nichuskin

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Edler Stecher

Tryamkin Guddy

Sbisa Liljegren

Marky mark