The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

On 2017-03-22 at 9:02 PM, 70seven said:

Going to watch Nolan Patrick play a playoff game in Medicine Hat on Friday.  Looking forward to watching him live for a full 60.

Turns out he's day to day and won't play tonight. :(

Anyone know now who else I should keep an eye on?

47 minutes ago, Mr53 said:

all in favour of snagging Oettinger with a late first/ early second rounder?

Totally on board. High upside, and great development route as well. I feel it's not out of the question to think he could be gone in the early 20's of the 1rst round. Especially if shows well at the frozen four. If we can take him with our second I think that's great value for our pick. 

11 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Nolan Patrick out again with lower body. Thats got to scare some teams away from taking him at 1.

he's injury prone.  he needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap.  that or whoever runs their medical team is a freaking joke.  or is he perhaps concealing his injuries?

3 hours ago, J.R. said:

I like him personally.

I'm having trouble sorting which C I like better out of that '2nd tier' actually. Really any of Mittel, Petterson, Glass, Necas, Vilardi could go in just about any order and I'd have trouble arguing why that's 'wrong'. Add in the D of Lilj and Makar, let alone guys like Heisk and Foote (and the few good W's) and that 5-15 group is a cluster-@#$%.

Even 5-25 isn't all that clear.

If we end up falling 5-10, I'm pretty ok with Benning an Co taking any of those C's or Lilj/Makar depending on who's left/where we land.

And then, depending on what moves we make ahead of the ED and entry drafts could affect who we pick. Say we package up Hutton and Baer for someone like Reinhart, maybe then we take one of Lilj/Makar if we're 5-10?

So many balls in the air still...

after buffalo put so much energy into getting Sam I would be surprised.   that would be a sweet pick up though!  

how has he even been doing lately.  never heard about him.

27 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

after buffalo put so much energy into getting Sam I would be surprised.   that would be a sweet pick up though!  

how has he even been doing lately.  never heard about him.

No idea if he's even available but that's the profile I'd be looking for. Young, play making C or legit top 3 upgrade to Baer on W, on a team rich in forwards and needing D. They're not alone in that regard (Toronto, Arizona, Edmonton etc).

He's doing alright on a sub par BUF team (on pace for +/-50 points IIRC) but largely playing W when they're healthy. 

4 hours ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Let's say Colorado gets 1st overall pick and they're open to trading away for a defenceman. Would y'all consider trading our first round pick this year (likely top 7) and Tanev or Hutton for the first OA? 

Do we need to add more??

Discuss!

Meh I'd trade for #1 to get Hischier. Love Patrick but if he can't stay healthy, then that will scare teams away from picking him. I'd still take Patrick if he finishes the season strong and say scores over 2 p/g in jr but if not then Hischier all the way

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ichiban604 said:

Don't give up hope on him, he might one day develop into a Virtenan!

Everyone knew ekblad was the known star and after that there was a bunch of question marks. It was a crap shoot for these players and a lot of it since ia opportunity. Its still very early to write off picks like virt and dal colle. 

Its easy to criticize the virtanen pick but bennett reinhart dal colle virtanen all went ahead of nylander and ehlers.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, TheHockeyNerds said:

Any watch London vs Windsor? If so how was vilardi? 

Caught a bit of the 3rd and he was solid along the boards while having control of the puck, created chances for his teammates and took a few shots. He was always around the net and he's someone we need if we want to score those dirty, garbage goals off rebounds

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Meh I'd trade for #1 to get Hischier. Love Patrick but if he can't stay healthy, then that will scare teams away from picking him. I'd still take Patrick if he finishes the season strong and say scores over 2 p/g in jr but if not then Hischier all the way

Hischer is #1 for me now too.  Patrick's injuries are just to risky. question is though 

would u trade up for hischer or trade for Landy or Duchene.   if you had to pick one.  

I'm taking Hischer myself in that situation. 

4 hours ago, cyoung said:

Any thoughts on Jason Robertson, could be a decent 2-4th rounder. Good size, wicked second half  of the season, and put the puck in the net 42 times. Haven't seen much of his game.. 

He's a steal in the second in my opinion. Would love if we were able to grab him with either our second or hopefully the SJ first (pick 31)