The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden on TSN1040

Outsiders

8 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

You have any info or any link that can back up this claim? Because this was John McCaw putting his stamp of ownership on the Canucks and i seriously doubt Linden was involved with McCaw on anything.

think this is what he is talking about

Well, listened to the Linden interview. Trevor was faced with some tough questions and handled them okay, but it seemed like he struggled at times to give the right answers. He has to be very careful with what he says, obviously.

Regarding Kane: from what I gather, the Canucks will not be trading for him, as Linden said over and over they are looking for players with CHARACTER and LEADERSHIP. I didn't get the sense at all that the Canucks are interested in Kane.

Also sounds like the work for them has slowed down and he's taking some time off in a few weeks, before training camp starts. There may not be any more Canucks news (signings, trades, etc) Sounds like they'll have a really competitive camp, so they might not bring anyone else in. Players will have to earn their spots.

12 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Nill has now signed Hamhuis and not Russell.  He is also quoted as saying that Hamhuis may play on the top pairing.  I smell ownership mettling there.  That is what other GM's think of Hamhuis.  Deluded fools?  Moneyball?  My simple observation is that this regime has not been able to cash in at TDL time.  I think most of the members of CDC were disappointed at TDL, expect now everyone denies it.  They knew all along that our players were crap and no other team could possibly want them. LOL.  Look back at past threads... everyone on CDC was expecting Vrbata and Hamhuis to move for something.  They had value.  I agree that Prust and Higgins needed some good salesmanship to move.  Kassian is a favourite of mine that I still have faith in... but that's me forever optimistic.  

If Vrbata truly had value, why did no team make an offer for him? Oh right, because he proved to be a lazy, self-entitled, past his prime, primadonna. Pretty much how no team is really interested in his entitled ass now.

Hamhuis exercised his NTC, and Benning refused to get fleeced.

3 hours ago, King T said:

I don't but I clearly remember this

Thank you, i watched the video... very surprising as the following summer i met Trevor at a big social function, when asked about the new logo and uniform he said he hated them and was more of a traditionalist! 

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If Vrbata truly had value, why did no team make an offer for him? Oh right, because he proved to be a lazy, self-entitled, past his prime, primadonna. Pretty much how no team is really interested in his entitled ass now.

Vrbata had "some" value but he admitted in an interview he gave a list of teams he knew wouldn't be interested because he didn't want to move with his wife due to give birth. He included teams out of the playoffs on his list. Benning even said Arizona was on his list. Despite admitting this some continue to whine he wasn't moved. Whiners are going to whine.

Both players handcuffed Benning with their NTC's.

7 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Vrbata had "some" value but he admitted in an interview he gave a list of teams he knew wouldn't be interested because he didn't want to move with his wife due to give birth. He included teams out of the playoffs on his list. Benning even said Arizona was on his list. Despite admitting this some continue to whine he wasn't moved. Whiners are going to whine.

Both players handcuffed Benning with their NTC's.

Yup: 

5 hours ago, Agoork said:

There was a video on it last year. 

http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=830134

From the 1.50 mark, they talk about Linden's influence on the final design.

Quinn was involved and said he'd only be in favor of change if the new logo better represented WHERE the team played. He said there were several designs submitted and as a comittee the Orca was chosen. The notion McCaw forced the Orca on the team is just falacy of those that don't like it to downplay it's relevance to the city.

14 hours ago, King T said:

People here may be to young to remember and those old enough may not know this but Trevor Linden had input into the design of the Orca symbol when it was created.

so in effect the current president of the Canucks made the team logo. As long as he is here I doubt we ever waiver from that symbol of our identity.

Well he also had input in the possibility of signing one Mark Messier, which is the first thing I think of whenever 'Orca Bay' get mentioned.  Hate the name, hate the logo, hate the fact that it's suppose to be considered our identity when the fact of the matter is we change our logo every decade.  Just run the god dam hockey team, stop trying to make it into a corporate empire when you can't even sell out every seat in a predominately one sport city. 

Wonder how much minuses this post will get:emot-parrot:

I hate the Killer Whale logo ......they F'd up in the changing from the old Skate to a new one....plain and simple.

they should of looked to the old oringal Johnny Canuck logo or Stick in Rink logo. The best sport logos are usually the oldest logos which go timeless.

the SeaHawk logo is different it was updated....but still holds the oringal feel.  The Canucks 3rd jersey is fine because it still hold the stick in rink look and feel but just up dated.

the Video above about Canuck Logos....I DON'T buy Trevor saying the Whale Logo wasn't designed for Orca bay.....that's BS....it definitely was.....pre Orca bay there was zero whale connection to anything....no Orca bay should be no whale. 

Cant wait til training Camp!  at lest SeaHawk camp starts soon to help me through the no hockey days.

Also when I buy Canuck stuff I always look for things with non whale logos...mostly I look for the Stick and Rink it's my favorite....both old and new versions.

20 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I hate the Killer Whale logo ......they F'd up in the changing from the old Skate to a new one....plain and simple.

they should of looked to the old oringal Johnny Canuck logo or Stick in Rink logo. The best sport logos are usually the oldest logos which go timeless.

the SeaHawk logo is different it was updated....but still holds the oringal feel.  The Canucks 3rd jersey is fine because it still hold the stick in rink look and feel but just up dated.

the Video above about Canuck Logos....I DON'T buy Trevor saying the Whale Logo wasn't designed for Orca bay.....that's BS....it definitely was.....pre Orca bay there was zero whale connection to anything....no Orca bay should be no whale. 

Cant wait til training Camp!  at lest SeaHawk camp starts soon to help me through the no hockey days.

Also when I buy Canuck stuff I always look for things with non whale logos...mostly I look for the Stick and Rink it's my favorite....both old and new versions.

HockeyHarry.....

EXTREMELY WELL SAID. 

AMEN. :bigblush:

That Canuck Logo video above might of been the Last video Trevor as Captain....he let big Dumb M Messier be Captain shorty after.

so that might be why I Dislike the Whale Logo so much.

its a Messier( the best captain is sports.....BS) reminder. ....plz bring back the #11 so it doesn't end with Messier( worst Canuck in history)

4 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

That Canuck Logo video above might of been the Last video Trevor as Captain....he let big Dumb M Messier be Captain shorty after.

so that might be why I Dislike the Whale Logo so much.

its a Messier( the best captain is sports.....BS) reminder. ....plz bring back the #11 so it doesn't end with Messier( worst Canuck in history)

Totally echo your sentiments on Messier. Unfortunately, there's more to #11. It's an unofficial retired number because original Canuck Wayne Maki wore it and he passed away from cancer while he was on the team. Orca Bay, in typical fashion, disregarded Maki's memory and his family by allowing Messier to wear #11 without hesitation. Talk about a huge lack of integrity and respect. 

I still find it odd how long they spent talking about EK in this interview. Feels like they were gauging fan reactions prior to making a trade. Reminds me of when Nonis was interviewed years black about which goaltender he would build a team around and he looked into the camera and said "Roberto Luongo." 

7 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

I DON'T buy Trevor saying the Whale Logo wasn't designed for Orca bay.....that's BS....it definitely was.....

Still in denial despite the video evidence of his involvement.....

On 2016-07-28 at 5:08 AM, Scottish_Canuck said:

Did you not see Gudbranson's response to the Hendricks hit on Ekblad? Gudbranson won't be going out looking for fights, but he has always been willing and able to stand up for his team mates.

Indeed a very valuable skill to have on a team in today's NHL. You can't win without it. Well OK, Pittsburgh and Chicago have won the last 2 Cups without it, but Don Cherry would be the first to say, that's not how it should be.

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎28 at 7:45 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

Totally agree on Vrbata, he showed his lack of character last year and it's still costing him.

But Benning did get fleeced with Hamhuis.  We were a bottom feeder that let an asset walk.  A lot of people were critical of him that he left that to the end to try to get done. 

Archived