The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden on TSN1040

Outsiders

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

What offers did Benning get for Hamhuis and Vrbata, other than a last-minute stink-bid for Hamhuis?

How do you know what offers they got?

2nd for Sven Baertschi

Jeffrey for Conacher

Shinkaruk for Granlund

5th for Larsen

Those are all the TDL (and pre-TDL) trades -- which are the "plenty of questionable" ones?

I'm not talking about Canuck trades.  I was talking about all the trades that other teams made at the deadline.  Some of the players that moved were not equal to Vrbata or Hamhuis.

Nill wanted Russell all along, not Hamhuis.  Suppose you could have gone all moneyball Brad Pitt and changed his mind?  You could have got more for waivers Kassian, and something decent for waivers Higgins and waivers Prust?  This isn't the movies, careful who you characterize as deluded fools.

Nill has now signed Hamhuis and not Russell.  He is also quoted as saying that Hamhuis may play on the top pairing.  I smell ownership mettling there.  That is what other GM's think of Hamhuis.  Deluded fools?  Moneyball?  My simple observation is that this regime has not been able to cash in at TDL time.  I think most of the members of CDC were disappointed at TDL, expect now everyone denies it.  They knew all along that our players were crap and no other team could possibly want them. LOL.  Look back at past threads... everyone on CDC was expecting Vrbata and Hamhuis to move for something.  They had value.  I agree that Prust and Higgins needed some good salesmanship to move.  Kassian is a favourite of mine that I still have faith in... but that's me forever optimistic.  

20 hours ago, coastal1 said:

no forward will wanna go in to corners with these two or pedan. Is that you Don Cherry? No one but you would say something so stupid. We are not in the 70s any more. Today's NHL is about skill and speed. Gudbranson has very limited usefulness in today's NHL.

This may be the most retarded thing I've heard today

50 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Nill has now signed Hamhuis and not Russell.  He is also quoted as saying that Hamhuis may play on the top pairing.  I smell ownership mettling there.  That is what other GM's think of Hamhuis.  Deluded fools?  Moneyball?  My simple observation is that this regime has not been able to cash in at TDL time.  I think most of the members of CDC were disappointed at TDL, expect now everyone denies it.  They knew all along that our players were crap and no other team could possibly want them. LOL.  Look back at past threads... everyone on CDC was expecting Vrbata and Hamhuis to move for something.  They had value.  I agree that Prust and Higgins needed some good salesmanship to move.  Kassian is a favourite of mine that I still have faith in... but that's me forever optimistic.  

I won't deny it. I was disappointed. 

On July 26, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Tre Mac said:

And that's the problem. 

People here may be to young to remember and those old enough may not know this but Trevor Linden had input into the design of the Orca symbol when it was created.

so in effect the current president of the Canucks made the team logo. As long as he is here I doubt we ever waiver from that symbol of our identity.

1 hour ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Dallas' D is one of the shallowest  in the league. Of course Hamhuis is going on the top pairing.

Put him on a deeper team and he's 2nd line at best.

2 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

I think most of the members of CDC were disappointed at TDL, expect now everyone denies it. 

Of course most were disappointed, but hardly "everyone" is denying it now, if any.

You didn't explain what all the "plenty of questionable TDL trades" were?

6 hours ago, JamesB said:

Right. And it does not surprise me that there has been no discussion of an extension. I don't think anyone, even Willie, is expecting an extension unless the Canucks do something amazing in the next two years.

My understanding is that Pedan and Gudbranson are both good skaters. And they both catch up with lots of forwards. I think that Pedan and Guddy will have a big impact on the willingness of opposing players to take liberties with Canuck goalies and/or with the Sedins.

This is a more reasonable comment than saying that opposing forwards will avoid going on the corners with those guys. Saying that is non-sense. But yes I can see taking fewer liberties with the Canucks goalies for sure. What will be the impact on the number of games won?? As for liberties with the Sedins, is that really an ongoing problem? Are they realy roughed up regularly? I don't see that. And what will a defenceman do, rush in from his position to go and hammer the opposition's defenceman that just hit a Sedin and allow an odd-man rush the other way?? Fighting is seriously on its way out in the NHL, already almost irrelevant. Most teams don't even have one guy that figths. Who will Gudbranson fight?? Gadzic of edmonton? No, he is gone. It's a part of the game that is very quiclky becoming irrelevant and has been irrelevant for years in the playoffs- did Bieksa sucker punching Ferland two years ago do anything?

20 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

This is a more reasonable comment than saying that opposing forwards will avoid going on the corners with those guys. Saying that is non-sense. But yes I can see taking fewer liberties with the Canucks goalies for sure. What will be the impact on the number of games won?? As for liberties with the Sedins, is that really an ongoing problem? Are they realy roughed up regularly? I don't see that. And what will a defenceman do, rush in from his position to go and hammer the opposition's defenceman that just hit a Sedin and allow an odd-man rush the other way?? Fighting is seriously on its way out in the NHL, already almost irrelevant. Most teams don't even have one guy that figths. Who will Gudbranson fight?? Gadzic of edmonton? No, he is gone. It's a part of the game that is very quiclky becoming irrelevant and has been irrelevant for years in the playoffs- did Bieksa sucker punching Ferland two years ago do anything?

It may have if Bieksa would have dropped the gloves with Ferland in game 1 of the series. The first time Ferland charges / ran / boarded our D man with their back to him.....

You have to stand up to a Bully right away.  Odd how Ferland never finished the next series though....

1 hour ago, King T said:

People here may be to young to remember and those old enough may not know this but Trevor Linden had input into the design of the Orca symbol when it was created.

so in effect the current president of the Canucks made the team logo. As long as he is here I doubt we ever waiver from that symbol of our identity.

You have any info or any link that can back up this claim? Because this was John McCaw putting his stamp of ownership on the Canucks and i seriously doubt Linden was involved with McCaw on anything.

6 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

So we can piece together (from Desi's alt accounts) that Desi is from Surrey where he has some sort of small man syndrome or complex related to not being respected enough. He sees himself as an expert on canucks and all other teams fan bases. What else am I missing?

He never learns the art of subtlety. Big Big personality.  

37 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

It may have if Bieksa would have dropped the gloves with Ferland in game 1 of the series. The first time Ferland charges / ran / boarded our D man with their back to him.....

You have to stand up to a Bully right away.  Odd how Ferland never finished the next series though....

Are you suggesting that Bieksa jumpimg him from behind had anythignto do with that. And yes you are right, Bieksa did not drop the gloves with Ferland in game 1, just like he never dropped tham against Lucic in 2011. The Flyers won the Cup by fighting but those days are long gone.

18 hours ago, groovy said:

I wonder how many "damaged goods"/"headcase" players have actually really turned it around given a fresh start. Any good examples out there, or do these guys generally just continue down the same path until they fade to black? I can`t really think of any good examples although there should be some.

Gino says hi

13 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

It would have made more sense to suspend him from the team and not pay him due  until he got treatment.

He had already been through stage one rehab here and was still a problem. He was put into stage two rehab after the Montreal incident.

13 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Trading Kass for scraps was a terrible trade.  In fact we paid ( a pick ) to  give away Kass for a 2.5 mil Prust.

Actually we traded a 5th for Prust. Not exactly a kings ransom. Taking a problem off our hands was a condition to the deal. That problem never even played a game in Montreal. Kassian had so much value nobody claimed him for free when the Habs put him through waivers. When he cleared they even told him not to report to the farm team and sent him home. This is the guy you're upset about trading????? Don't need a major problem child among our young prospects. Good riddance to him.

7 hours ago, coastal1 said:

Did you not see Gudbranson's response to the Hendricks hit on Ekblad? Gudbranson won't be going out looking for fights, but he has always been willing and able to stand up for his team mates.

8 hours ago, King T said:

6 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

You have any info or any link that can back up this claim? Because this was John McCaw putting his stamp of ownership on the Canucks and i seriously doubt Linden was involved with McCaw on anything.

There was a video on it last year. 

http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=830134

From the 1.50 mark, they talk about Linden's influence on the final design.

6 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

I don't but I clearly remember this

Archived