The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Only 2 teams now no regulation losses. Guess who..

danjr

Anyone notice Sportsnet cut immediately from the Canucks broadcast to hilights of the Eastern teams, with a particularly nauseatingly fawning commentary about the Leafs loss?

And they didn't bother to show the Canucks hilights AT ALL.

No, it was wall to wall Carey Price this and Auston Mathews that.

Lack of respect or simple stupidity?

I'd say it was both.  Now that Toronto has had its Blue Jay dream go up in smoke they are puffing hard on their Leafs crack pipe of failure.

Pathetic network which claims to be National.

4 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Anyone notice Sportsnet cut immediately from the Canucks broadcast to hilights of the Eastern teams, with a particularly nauseatingly fawning commentary about the Leafs loss?

They'll only play the story when the ride finally ends. Its TO, inferiority-complex centre of the universe. 

16 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I'd say it was both.  Now that Toronto has had its Blue Jay dream go up in smoke they are puffing hard on their Leafs crack pipe of failure.

Nothing new to see here.  

After all,  Toronto is the center of the universe....  Is it not? 

10 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I saw this coming as I jokingly said CBC can't possibly ignore us right.

Can you imagine if Toronto started the season 4-0? Would be a total jerkfest. Maple Leafs have 1 win and the media is going nuts. Auston Matthews full throttle.

Tomorrow night (Hockey Night in Canada) we go into it being the only undefeated team in the league and we are a Canadian team, yet how much do you think they will talk about us? The only person I think who will actually mention us will be Don Cherry who probably will go on a rant about how good Gudbranson has been or something random like that.

You know what though... I hope the media keeps ignoring us because this "us against the world" mentality is what has brought us to a 4-0 record. Thanks media!!

23 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Sportsnet and even ESPN has almost nothing about the Canucks, had to really do some digging.  What's with this dislike against Vancouver anyways?

At least we're getting a little love from TSN. Calling us the "surprising Vancouver Canucks" in their online articles and lots of praise for the new systems and defensive structure.

And they're starting to backpedal a bit from their last place predictions, as seen from Craig Button on TH2N:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/undefeated-canucks-getting-it-done-defensively~976904

27 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Sportsnet and even ESPN has almost nothing about the Canucks, had to really do some digging.  What's with this dislike against Vancouver anyways?

Probably has something to do with the fact that it has only been 4 games!!!  While we're busy celebrating 4 games, the rest of the NHL is settling in for a long season.

Archived