The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1000 PTS. Are U Kidding Me...

hearditall

3 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Don't ask me how I know this, but Henrik has now scored more points than any player to ever wear a Maple Leafs uniform. A few ex-Leafs scored in excess of 1000 ponts, but played for other teams before or after playing in Toronto. Nobody who has ever played for the Leafs has scored 1000 points as a Leaf. Makes Henrik's (and soon Daniel's) accomplishments quite remarkable.

+1

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Don't ask me how I know this, but Henrik has now scored more points than any player to ever wear a Maple Leafs uniform. A few ex-Leafs scored in excess of 1000 ponts, but played for other teams before or after playing in Toronto. Nobody who has ever played for the Leafs has scored 1000 points as a Leaf. Makes Henrik's (and soon Daniel's) accomplishments quite remarkable.

Well son of a bitch....you're totally right! My first thought reading your post was "What about Sundin?" but research says: 960 in a Leafs uniform.

Suck it, Leafs!

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Something tells me you didn't learn that watching TSN.

Man what a moment. Luongo with the props to Henrik after the goal. Edler and Daniel just looking so damn happy starting that celebration off.  After all that these guys have been through together, it was perfect.  

Sedins you are appreciated.

4 hours ago, hearditall said:

Keeping this short cause these guys speak for themselves.

I've watched all three Stanley Cup Runs so I'm old enough & seen enough of this team to say this:

The Sedins are hands down the 2 best ALL AROUND  PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES this city has ever seen.

CONGRATS to HENRIK SEDIN on an amazing achievement & all the amazing memorable MAGICIAN like plays & many more to come...

True Athlete, Captain & CANUCK...Respect.  :towel:

Well said bud. 

Its really sad to hear some of the comments aimed at the Sedins at times. Their hockey sense and ability will be sorely missed once they hang up their skates... big time...

A huge congrats to Henrik on this milestone, followed by an even bigger thank you.

7 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

How do you know this?

Pop the champagne! We're better than the Leafs..

8 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Other than the fact mats sundin is the all time swedish goal scorer tho and yea..

edit. Weird 987 as leafer

Want to keep this positive, but I've got to say this:

The next time I hear someone negatively chirping about Hank as our leader/captain, I'm going to bonk them over the head with my laptop, then play the video of the team, HIS team...all pouring off the bench to celebrate with him.  Speaks volumes.  They battled hard and won that for him.  A captain rallies a team and this was a perfect display of that.   This is the stuff that bonds teams.  No ego involved in his leadership, but this is how to inspire others.

An amazing night for an amazing player.    So much respect....

Amazing coincidence that Hank got his first point against the Florida Panthers & 1000th against the same team.

Henrik mentioned that if he were to retire today, tonight would have been the most memorable moment of his career - it was evident that the team coming off the bench for him meant a lot :)

Congratulations Captain Hank!

Edit: I actually missed the goal live because I was taking a dump in the washroom HAHAHAHHA sad life

Just now, MaxLapierreAwesomeFace said:

Amazing coincidence that Hank got his first point against the Florida Panthers & 1000th against the same team.

Henrik mentioned that if he were to retire today, tonight would have been the most memorable moment of his career - it was evident that the team coming off the bench for him meant a lot :)

Congratulations Captain Hank!

Also a fun coincidence how it was Luongo in net. :)

I have come to realize it really doesn't matter how other people feel about our team. I've recently moved to Kamloops and everyone hates the Canucks. All my friends who once were fans have faded. I on the other hand am so proud of this team. I am so grateful to have been able to watch the Sedins throughout their whole career. Amazing 

Congrats to Hank on his milestone marker..Hank and Danny have really left their mark on this franchise....I found it ironic that Jagr was playing in this game and he scored his 1000th point in the year 2000....the year Hank and Danny were rookies and their first year in the league.

Archived