The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

North Korea shoots missile 500km in 'show of force' to Trump, says South

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

7 minutes ago, VanGnome said:

Unfortunately the NSC or the Military can't do a damn thing unless they chose to perform a military coup and remove Trump as commander in chief. It's absolutely insane to even be talking about this hypothetical when it comes to the USA, but again with Trump in the chair nothing is outside the realm of possibility.

If the Military and NSC remain true to the constitution and the Presidency, then Trump's word is the gold standard. Almost every other president that has ever served the position has been intelligent enough to know that they are NOT military strategists, and actually listen to and abide by the advice given.

It's no secret that Trump has been incredibly outspoken in his criticism of the US Military, I'm not willing to rely on conventional wisdom in this situation.

Alright Van, I will concede. But I predict the world will anxiously hold its breath for the next 4 years as Trump blows smoke and then we will all breath a collective sigh of relief when a left-leaning moderate is elected to the White House again.

2 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Alright Van, I will concede. But I predict the world will anxiously hold its breath for the next 4 years as Trump blows smoke and then we will all breath a collective sigh of relief when a left-leaning moderate is elected to the White House again.

Honestly, that's what I hope for too.

• 3 weeks later...

North Korea at it again shooting 4 missiles this time, 3 landing in Japanese waters.

North Korea launches more missiles; three land in Japanese waters

TOKYO — North Korea launched four missiles Monday morning, a provocative barrage that coincided both with joint U.S.-South Korean military exercises on the southern half of the peninsula and with the opening of the annual National People’s Congress in China.

The launches follow a remarkable month in which Kim Jong Un’s regime tested a solid-fuel rocket that it says is part of an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of hitting the United States and in which the regime is accused of assassinating the leader’s half brother. Both actions have angered allies and adversaries in the region, and Monday’s launches will only exacerbate that.

The four missiles were launched from a known launch site on North Korea’s west coast, not far from the border with China, at 7:36 a.m. local time. They flew more than 600 miles across the country before splashing into the sea between Japan and the Korean Peninsula, the South’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a text message to local reporters.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/north-korea-launches-another-missile-perhaps-one-that-can-reach-us/2017/03/05/943010ee-96e2-4ff4-83aa-2fe09cd65831_story.html

On 2/12/2017 at 9:57 AM, VanGnome said:

Unfortunately the NSC or the Military can't do a damn thing unless they chose to perform a military coup and remove Trump as commander in chief, and at that it wouldn't even be the military OR the NSC performing this. It would be the National Guard acting on behalf of the Senate.

This might be the best possible solution.  It's kind of scary knowing that Trump's just as much of a s lunatic as the Kim regime.

11 hours ago, King Heffy said:

This might be the best possible solution.  It's kind of scary knowing that Trump's just as much of a s lunatic as the Kim regime.

Lmfao. People like you must have serious issues dealing with real life scenarios. 

Trump a capitalist is as bad as one of earths worst leaders who kills people he doesnt like and starves his people. All because trump wants to limit migration from hostile regions. 

Gold 

On 12/02/2017 at 3:57 PM, VanGnome said:

Unfortunately the NSC or the Military can't do a damn thing unless they chose to perform a military coup and remove Trump as commander in chief, and at that it wouldn't even be the military OR the NSC performing this. It would be the National Guard acting on behalf of the Senate. It's absolutely insane to even be talking about this hypothetical when it comes to the USA, but again with Trump in the chair nothing is outside the realm of possibility.

If the Military and NSC remain true to the constitution and the Presidency, then Trump's word is the gold standard. Almost every other president that has ever served the position has been intelligent enough to know that they are NOT military strategists, and actually listen to and abide by the advice given.

It's no secret that Trump has been incredibly outspoken in his criticism of the US Military, I'm not willing to rely on conventional wisdom in this situation.

honestly I don´t understand how North Americans can talk about a military regime if they never actually had one...

let me explain because Brazil had one. from 1964 to 1985...

ok. before everything I´m actually in favour of a military government in Brazil. democracy as it´s done currently simply doesn´t work on my country. too much corruption, too much indiscipline, lack of morals and honestly Military people do things right when they want. they manage a country like a private company and honestly 98% of all Brazilian airports, brigdges and ports were built during the military government...

BUUUUUUUTTTTTT...

there´s a cost for that...

the transition is hard, is suffering, is painfull...

USA cannot even think about what would happen if the US military take the power. it´s simply cannot be imagined. it´s a reality that only countries who had a military regime can tell how the transition is hard...

remember when Brazil impeached Dilma Rousseff during the Rio Olympics? well. imagine what was rounding the minds of the Brazilian population?

"the military will be pissed off and will close the senate and will kill all these politicians, declare martial law and for those surviving on the next week a lot of things will change" 

use the Soviet model as an example. big country, with nukes and a massive military arsenal...

with the difference that since the Russian revolution the Russian people learned that a "strong fist can shut up individual opinions" 

every military regime/government does that. do you think you can have free speech with a general as president? dream on pal... 

however that´s not gonna work in USA. Americans are used to say and do whatever they want at anytime because the 1st amendment gives this right BUT on a military government sorry but your individual rights will have some limits and honestly Americans will not comply with that...

Trump might be a crazy wacko but he´s not that stupid, once somebody call him and say "for &^@# sake dude shut up and be presidential because a nuclear war isn´t funny" 

he will chill out and do the job right. he´s just doing whatever he wants because he never faced a situation of being so scared that he will be forced to act as an adult...

if Trump tries something really stupid the Republican party will turn against him and he will be impeached. but if this happen his name and fortune are over forever because being impeached before the end of the 1st year of presidency isn´t good for the business...

honestly. if a Military coup happens in USA a civil war will happen 2 hours later and America will no longer exist...

can you pay this price USA? can you?

I sometimes wonder about the day when North Korea does have the capability and decides to send nuclear missiles towards America.

The US would try to shoot these missiles down. I'd assume that North Korea would send the missiles on a similar shortened path as air flights, which I think would send them over British Columbia. Would the US care where they are before shooting them down? Or just take out half of BC in the process?

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

I sometimes wonder about the day when North Korea does have the capability and decides to send nuclear missiles towards America.

The US would try to shoot these missiles down. I'd assume that North Korea would send the missiles on a similar shortened path as air flights, which I think would send them over British Columbia. Would the US care where they are before shooting them down? Or just take out half of BC in the process?

If that ever happened those missiles would be destroyed anywhere in the world without much consideration to collateral damage.

But China will not let that happen for a simple reason of what happens when retaliatory strike happens?

Most likely USA would use Ohio class subs, once those U.S. Trident nuclear missiles are launched off the coast of Korea, China has no way of knowing if they will go to North Korea or China.(until it's too late to launch counter attack)

There is also that fear that USA might use NK as excuse to wipe out China.

Also if that happens Russians won't know if they may be the target or not, so they might launch their arsenal as well leading to the cataclysm. 

5 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Also if that happens Russians won't know if they may be the target or not, so they might launch their arsenal as well leading to the cataclysm. 

It does feel unfortunate that our province is the air route for any such nuke attacks on the US. Interceptions above our heads would give David Suzuki a lot to write about in his cozy Salt Spring hideaway. 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

N. Korea ready to sink US aircraft carrier with a ‘single strike’ 

https://www.rt.com/news/385760-north-korea-ready-sink-carrier/

Well this would likely result in the end of North Korea.

Sink that and the US would turn the entire northern half of the Korean Peninsula in to a glass paperweight for the next 6,000 years China be damned.

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Sink that and the US would turn the entire northern half of the Korean Peninsula in to a glass paperweight for the next 6,000 years China be damned.

When some overweight pipsqueak says they're gonna "kick your ***!"..... the best way to deal with it is to say, "Bring it".

Archived