The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Linden and Aquilini headed to LA?

luongotv

1 minute ago, MJDDawg said:

This post in Reddit pretty much covers my thoughts:

This is all a little strange. 

• Trevor stepping down. On his own?
  • Otherwise if Trevor is being replaced, why is he going?
  • If Benning isn't going, and Futa has been a highly sought after GM candidate, maybe Trevor is not stepping down and Benning is being replaced?
  • But why would we do that right before a very important trade deadline?
  • Has Benning &^@#ed up the TDL really bad?
  • Did Aquilini veto a ridiculous trade and become very unhappy with Benning?
  • If not all that...what the &^@# is going on?
  • And what is Trev going to do afterwards? Is he going to stay with the team, or go back to running Club16? Or demote himself to VP because he's in over his head as Pres?

Aquaman getting directly involved is never a good sign.

Maybe Aquaman has always been directly involved?

5 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

• If Benning isn't going, and Futa has been a highly sought after GM candidate, maybe Trevor is not stepping down and Benning is being replaced?
  • And what is Trev going to do afterwards? Is he going to stay with the team, or go back to running Club16? Or demote himself to VP because he's in over his head as Pres?

I feel like most of what we have heard up until this point has been Benning wanting to do things his way (as in full rebuild) and Aqua not letting him, so what would this even mean? Is/was he trying to do just that?

Really interesting.

3 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

so many possibilities.  probably best to wait and see what happens.  Maybe he just wants to show linden his amazing house thats reno was halted by his neighbours. 

that story was an interesting one.  probably best too wait and see.  if I were to guess would be a miller or Markstrom deal to LA.  miller makes more sense since we can re sign him and flip marky next year.  (I still think that's going to happen).

1 minute ago, luongotv said:

The thought is that Futa would be President, Linden GM, and Benning head of scouting. If this were the case I'd probably support it tbh.

No kidding, Futa has some solid credentials.

Not that this is a thing at all. 

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this yet, but my first thought was AHL relocation.

Since that would be a business operation, it makes sense why Aquilini would accompany Linden. Both parties have stated numerous times publicly that they're happy with the arrangement the way it is right now, but who knows what conversations really happen behind closed doors. Maybe if relocating to BC isn't an option (and it would be a bad idea in my books) they'd look at relocating to California to be in close travel proximity with the other AHL West teams.

Just throwing this out there as a possibility. I hope its not the case though, as Utica has been a tremendous community supporting their AHL team for the past four years.

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

An unverified Reddit report says you should invest in quality land with S'all. I've got just the place for you. $10k deposit and I'll fix you up, just PM me your bank info. Its on Reddit so you can trust me.

You're no fun!!

Been nothing going on around here other than one brutal trade proposal after another while having to also endure God awful Guardian threads.

This thread is a pleasant distraction. 

Just now, MJDDawg said:

You're no fun!!

Been nothing going on around here other than one brutal trade proposal after another while having to also endure God awful Guardian threads.

This thread is a pleasant distraction. 

Sorry... thought it was worth a shot.

OK, how about this: Aqulini is actually going to LA to sell his shares in the Canucks to an off-shore investor. Trevor is coming along to showcase the team and plan moving forward.

8 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this yet, but my first thought was AHL relocation.

Since that would be a business operation, it makes sense why Aquilini would accompany Linden. Both parties have stated numerous times publicly that they're happy with the arrangement the way it is right now, but who knows what conversations really happen behind closed doors. Maybe if relocating to BC isn't an option (and it would be a bad idea in my books) they'd look at relocating to California to be in close travel proximity with the other AHL West teams.

Just throwing this out there as a possibility. I hope its not the case though, as Utica has been a tremendous community supporting their AHL team for the past four years.

I want the Comets to move into the Pacific Coliseum. I think it would be a great way to build up a fan base here that's much more involved in young player development and the cross-marketing opportunities would be awesome.

15 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Maybe ECHL relocation? How does it make sense to have a team that has to run on a shoestring budget, playing in the most remote location in North America. Or maybe it's just 2 rich guys flying to California for sushi. Hmmmm.

Archived