The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Several Canucks players battling with mumps

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, Wise Owl said:

You and I are both pro vaccine (although I am for safer and more effective) but on the sugar/Cholesterol thing, the new evidence/data came out long ago and it took 15 years for it to be reported. There is a free book Called The Cholesterol Myths by Uffe Ravenskov with lots of studies published in the early 2000s. Big pharma made billions every year the known information was kept quiet by the media. I still think it would be interesting to see who on the Canucks was vaccinated and had their booster but I am not hopeful that info will come out. It may very well be that nobody had their booster. Who knows.

Big pharma is a monster. It is driven by marketing more than science. That being said, the monster is not all bad and being educated consumers is vital for the well being of society. 

Thats were the breakdown is. Consumers are suggestible, and big pharma is a monster and it is so easy to hate the man.  Every time a drug is pushed with dubious benefits and serious side effects like Vioxx, trust is lost. 

So the backlash is that things like vaccines are lambasted based more by association than anything else. All it takes is a few celebrities and some unethical 'scientific' reports to turn a lot of people off vaccines. 

The pure irony around basic and essential vaccines is that they are the most effective medications on the planet, they are not really that profitable to Big Pharma (most people take a vaccine only a few times in their lives. Where as chronic illnesses make big pharma  big bucks). 

So in comes snake oil salesmen, well intentioned but flawed 'alternative' health care providers and such. For the average consumer, they don't really know what to think, but they know big pharma is bad. 

The one group of 'alternative' healthcare providers that are ani vaxxers seems to be homeopathic  practitioners.  Vaccines are basically peer reviewed, scientifically developed and tested proven homeopathic medicine. 

It it would be hilarious if not for the dire public health issues that educated folks will trust a homeopath making tinctures in their kitchen over regulated, tested and proven vaccines. 

EW

9 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'll give Hutton a waiver then for his bad play against the Sharks if he was just about to be hit with the mumps. Unlucky. Sbisa may be injured too for the Detroit game. 1 NHLer, 5 AHL defence?

Edler - Subban

Larsen - Biega

McEney - Pedan?

lol

Stecher and Tanev have been cleared.

no most kids in schools get shots to prevent many diseases and this one I got in school so yes party teams fault not knowing which the players got, so this should not happen and maybe now teams and us will learn to get medical records and if shots to keep players from getting sick will now happen

Archived