The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Several Canucks players battling with mumps

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

You are talking about my dead nephew and friend of a co-worker, for your information.

Yeah, you're arguing for something you believe in, I got it the first time. Just so we're absolutely clear: I'm not celebrating, nor am I happy about your losses.

For your information, I know people who have died too. Sometimes $&!# just comes down to genetics, and that's all there is too it. Sometimes it's more complex than that, but anti vaccination is a weak platform. Believe me when I say this is coming from someone who is anti big-pharma, but have enough wits to realize they are providing the means for most people to live a healthier life. Good diet, exercise, sleeping well, and mental well-being helps as well as anything, but only to a point. At some point people realize they don't want to have rabies so they get a vaccine. 

And God said " I will stop them from limping into the playoffs and help them get a good draft pick.  I will save them from ownership and smite them with a plague of Mumps".   

Aquascum immediately trade 5 #1 picks to try and limp into playoffs.  God," screw it then: I'm going to help the 6 other cities instead.  They can wander the wastelands for 40 years"

8 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

First off, check the statistics and you'll find that most people who get things like measles and mumps HAVE been vaccinated.  Second, there has never been any proof that any vaccine works; in fact the narrative that you need a "booster" only proves that.  The creation of antibodies is not immunity, it is simply your body's natural response to being exposed to a foreign entity.  If you contract a disease naturally through normal vectors (nose, throat), you will gain life-long immunity because your body naturally fights it off and remembers.  Inciting an unnatural reaction via injecting antigens into tissues, which bypasses the front-end of the immune system, causes a disproportionate humoral response in the creation of antibodies while simultaneously suppressing the cellular aspect of the immune system, which is the part which actually resolves viruses and gives real immunity.  This is why kids who get chicken pox vaccines get the actual disease in their teens -- the virus keeps circulating in your body because it never gets fully resolved.  The flu shot is perhaps the worst of all -- anyone who got it the year before H1N1 was twice as likely to contract it.  This was originally reported by Canadian scientists and later validated by other nations.

Vaccines actually weaken your immune system -- if you wonder why, simply read the package insert and see what's in them, then ask yourself what in there is nutritional or actually beneficial to the human body.  Third, if vaccines actually worked, then it is completely irrelevant if anyone around you has had them or not.  That is pure illogical nonsense.  We are constantly hosting and resolving viruses without realizing it as it is, including cancer.

Go ahead, parrot the government and big pharma all you like, but investigate the science and the numbers if you actually want to know the facts.  But remember, should you ever get injured by a vaccine, they are the only industry given legal immunity from lawsuits.  Hopefully that alone makes one think.

As for the Canucks situation, if the players had been exposed to the mumps at a young age this wouldn't have been a problem.  When we grew up, we were put with other kids who had things like mumps and chicken pox, went through them, and gained life-long immunity as a result.

How many people do you know or have you read about with Polio.  But your right. Vaccines don't work.

Riiiight, I think this whole mumps situation might have something to do with Trump Towers. Trump's rhymes with mumps. Pretty damn obvious eh, looks like I've earned myself another toke.

Why? Because this thread needs to be a little more weird and just by writing "Trump", one can cultivate more awkward weirdness.

Trump

Mumps 

28 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Riiiight, I think this whole mumps situation might have something to do with Trump Towers. Trump's rhymes with mumps. Pretty damn obvious eh, looks like I've earned myself another toke.

Why? Because this thread needs to be a little more weird and just by writing "Trump", one can cultivate more awkward weirdness.

Trump

Mumps 

Could've spent that currency in limerick-form, Lucky...

1 hour ago, sockeye said:

My Dad got polio at age 28 in 1950.  His legs and abdominal muscles were paralyzed and he spent 3 years rehabilitating at Shaughnessy Veterans Hospital in Vancouver (he was a Canadian Second World War veteran).  He missed the vaccination program by 3 years.  Polio is now almost eradicated because of the polio vaccination.  I work in the public health field.  The upside to vaccinations far outweigh the adverse effects.  I've known quite a few people who got polio in the 1950s.  Generally, the older you got it, the more severe the symptoms.

I hate to jump in on this topic but I find it fascinating.  Polio is and was a horrible disease that no one should suffer through.  Everyone can agree on that.  If you had just an hour to devote to researching mortality rates from Poliio you would find some very interesting FACTS.  St the time of the mass vaccine campaigns to take on Polio, several countries refused the inoculations.  Interestingly enough, those countries cases of Polio declined at the same rate as the vaccined countries.  Even more interesting, those vaccine free countries reported no follow up outbreaks unlike the vaccinated countries where many had secondary outbreaks from the live Polio vaccine.  The information is out there if you want to look for it.  If science says the earth is flat I guess you can blindly believe them.  Science is questioning the status quo.  

Back to the Canucks!

3 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

no reason for willie to sit larsen and biega

He's not allowed.  They don't have enough roster spots to call up players without putting someone else on IR. But IR is minimum one week out of the lineup so they are invoking emergency recall and that doesn't allow to have any extras available.

Given how far Utica is (it's a full day travel) and the status of Tanev is unclear - I am guessing that's why they might have an extra D in Subban.

At F - Skille injured himself last game and was not at practice yesterday.  

Grenier, McEneny, Subban 

I wanna see all these guys play tomorrow. Sit anybody who's been affected by this in any way.

We all know what Larsen and Biega bring. Whoop-dee-do. Give the prospects a sniff FFS and stop stalling!

Are we rebuilding this team, or what? 

5 hours ago, Green Building said:

Greater good. It sucks when it happens to loved ones, but the bigger picture is always more important than individual losses. 

Pretty much the most ridiculous post I've ever read. Go tell that to a grieving parent who was coerced into vaccinating their child for the "greater good". I'm sure the fact that other parents get to watch their children grow and lead regular lives while their own family is destroyed is a great comfort to them. All because a child might catch some relatively benign disease that the overwhelming majority who are afflicted with it completely recover from and then have natural immunity for life. I can't believe how many in our society have completely lost the ability to use reason and think for themselves.

Look away children your role models have been doing some spit swapping with a dirty partner or three if you know what I mean....

On the the brightside or darkside depending on how you look at things, Big Willie is forced to maybe finally play my boy Subby in his 1st game at the NHL level.

Keep all the guys affected out 2 weeks to make sure it doesnt spread.

Wanna see Subban play maybe some better linemates for Boucher soon?

About time you bastards tank though am I right?

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Look away children your role models have been doing some spit swapping with a dirty partner or three if you know what I mean....

I figured they all probably just smoked from the same hookah or joint. Shared a water bottle, etc. At least three of them have wives/girlfriends. Probably weren't making out with each other, but who knows! 

In other new, the anti-vaccine rhetoric is this thread is disturbing. I've lost respect for a few posters here. 

Archived