The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

The rumour lines over the past week have reported that they're more interested in prospects.  Probably why a team like Minnesota wasn't a fit.

Yea, in his interview today he seemed happy with his picks. He noted he was missing his 5th and 6th though.

Might ask for a 5th in a return for Hansen just to have more to work with.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

The rumour lines over the past week have reported that they're more interested in prospects.  Probably why a team like Minnesota wasn't a fit.

As long as they are expansion exempt. Picks or prospects.

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

He skates much better than Horvat did before he went to said school. So I'm saying theres a chance. 5goals in 7 games at the WJC sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Dahlen would be nicely nestled in our top 4 prospects  Boeser Demko Juolevi Dahlen Virtanen Gaudette the future isn't looking so bad. Dahlen is way way more than I ever would have expected in return for Burr. I would have taken Lazar as ED bait/insurance.

I think Brisebois is in that category too.

1 minute ago, brian42 said:

I think most people would agree the returns have been higher than anticipated.  GM's are now faced with the reality they have to give up more than they wanted to or miss out on improving they're team for the playoffs

Key term "HAVE TO" - because they know that if they don't, someone else will. 

It all means good news for us. 

Tear this ship down.

Hansen, Miller, possibly even Hutton and/or Edler. Get as many forwards as you can and jumpstart what is a woefully inadequate offensive situation here. This was a good start but strike while the iron is hot!

5 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Why is Hutton in the trade talks here?

Because people forget about the sophomore slump almost every single defenseman has. I don't want to give him up, he has far too much potential as we saw in his first year. Next year he will be a 20-30 point pick moving D man. Mark my words.

1 minute ago, Mattrek said:

Because people forget about the sophomore slump almost every single defenseman has. I don't want to give him up, he has far too much potential as we saw in his first year. Next year he will be a 20-30 point pick moving D man. Mark my words.

it's not his offense that is the concern.

Just now, Creepy Crawler said:

I have never seen him play but watched some videos earlier, he seems to have good speed and hands- that's the plus of being a smaller player.  Will he be on Utica next year or continue to play in Sweden.

Benning said they plan on signing him this summer and bringing him over. 

2 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

If you get offered Landeskog or a player of similar quality you do it.

Brisbois is in a murky area for me especially with our D depth I like a lot about his game and his story however at this time he is behind Juolevi Biega Mcneney Pedan Subban I unfortunately wouldn't give him much more than an outside chance of becoming a #7D for us in the next 3 years. A lot can change in 3 years though and I do like the kid.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

it's not his offense that is the concern.

Exactly.

He's been bringing down every partner he's been with this season with his poor puck management and decision making. Benning has to at least question whether last season was the anomaly or this season was.

6 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Key term "HAVE TO" - because they know that if they don't, someone else will. 

It all means good news for us. 

Tear this ship down.

Hansen, Miller, possibly even Hutton and/or Edler. Get as many forwards as you can and jumpstart what is a woefully inadequate offensive situation here. This was a good start but strike while the iron is hot!

Glad to see I am not the only one wanting to move him - had a great career but we need to move him while he still can garner us assets!! + to you Dark :)

Just now, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

He's been bring down every partner he's been with this season with his poor puck management and decision making. Benning has to at least question whether last season was the anomaly or this season was.

yup.......my eyes and experience tell me he's always going to be a defensive liability.  With Stetcher, Juolevi and even Tryamkin showing some offensive flair, Hutton would be on my "move if the price is right" list.

Archived