The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Senators trade Curtis Lazar, Mike Kostka to Flames for Jyrki Jokipakka, 2nd-round pick

4 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Keep in mind he's a London Knight. They play great defense.

He's gonna be a #1 defenseman for us, that I can guarantee. I've seen him play a lot and I can't tell you he's very good. 

If we're trading up in the draft, Hutton's the guy to move. Honestly, If I'm JB or TL I look at acquring either RNH or Reinhart as our future 2C and then taking Liljegren with our pick. Liljegren looks very skilled offensively, which is exactly what we need going forward. For some reason, he's falling in a lot of pre-draft rankings pretty quickly. If he's there with our pick, I say we pick him.

Another guy who I like is Gabriel Vilardi on the Windsor Spitfires. He's a centre, but it looks like he's making a push to go in the top 3, so I don't think we'll get him. He'd be a great pickup though, it looks like he's got a lot of Spezza in his game. 

i would rather have tkachuk,  Imagine Virt ( if he reaches his potential) , Boeser, Gaudette , Labate, Suddenly we became a very big and scary team, Don't think Ollie has touchiness has a weber or chara,

42 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

So Lazar went from being scratched every game for Ottawa to being scratched every game for Calgary. I sure am happy we didn't acquire him in that Burrows trade.

But, but... he's a BC boy so he must be our future saviour!...

• 3 weeks later...

Only played 2 games @ 9 minutes per game. Real head scratcher for the flames to trade a 2nd for a player not good enough to crack their lineup. Add in the fact that he will have to be protected in the expansion draft and will be waiver eligible next year....downright weird:blink:

• 9 months later...
Just now, rekker said:

Bahaha. Nice trade Treliving. So far this year 25gp. 0 goals 4 assists. Good use of a second. Hope BC boy Lazar can turn it around somewhere. Just not there. 

It’s like a second is the going rate for a young, stalled prospect.  We gave up seconds for Vey and Baer.  Win some, and lose some.  Like Lazar, but he might not skate well enough?

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s like a second is the going rate for a young, stalled prospect.  We gave up seconds for Vey and Baer.  Win some, and lose some.  Like Lazar, but he might not skate well enough?

Ya. Skating for sure. You win some you lose some. As long as the Flames lose more. :)

Archived