The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 26, 2017 | 5PM | SN | From Vancouver With Love

Twilight Sparkle

Appears from Jets morning skate that Bufugly and Laine may not be playing.

Ken Wiebe‏ @WiebeSunSports  34m34 minutes ago

#NHLJets morning skate is about to begin and there is no sign of Dustin Byfuglien, who missed the last game with a lower-body injury

Ken Wiebe‏ @WiebeSunSports  32m32 minutes ago

Don't see Patrik Laine out on ice for #NHLJets either, we will see what HC Paul Maurice tells us after the skate

3 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

#NHLJets morning skate is about to begin and there is no sign of Dustin Byfuglien, who missed the last game with a lower-body injury

Don't see Patrik Laine out on ice for #NHLJets either, we will see what HC Paul Maurice tells us after the skate

Buffy has rarely impressed me. Such talent but there seems to be a drive missing. He was one of the team leaders who showed Kane the door but IMHO has some of the same on ice habits that Kane was criticized for. Maybe a Jets fan could chime in as I do not follow the Jets enough to have anything but a superficial observation.  

1 minute ago, Harvey Spector said:

Not only will Boeser play he will score again in this game.  I see a couple goals actually.  There may even be a 73% chance he gets a hat trick...

I predict that the overworked Immigration squad haunting the USA border arrests Boeser at the end of the 1st Period. Acting on a tip from Minnie but suspicious that planted by Maurice. What are the odds of a hat trick in the 1st Period? The new wonderkind should be able to pull it off! :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Buffy has rarely impressed me. Such talent but there seems to be a drive missing. He was one of the team leaders who showed Kane the door but IMHO has some of the same on ice habits that Kane was criticized for. Maybe a Jets fan could chime in as I do not follow the Jets enough to have anything but a superficial observation.  

Well, the Jets have A LOT of talent, yet the teams is a perennial loser (with a CAPITAL L) There must be something else going on there.  Maybe it's off ice stuff in the leadership group (Buff) that is hurting the team overall?  

14 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Ken Wiebe‏ @WiebeSunSports  39s40 seconds ago

Patrik Laine is under the weather and will be a game-time decision. Dustin Byfuglien (lower body) won't play for #NHLJets vs #Canucks

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Well, the Jets have A LOT of talent, yet the teams is a perennial loser (with a CAPITAL L) There must be something else going on there.  Maybe it's off ice stuff in the leadership group (Buff) that is hurting the team overall?  

I bet @Monty would have something to say about this. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I am 73% sure of a Canucks victory tonight. 

And I am 100% sure the tankers will hate it. :P

I don't really even want to draft in the top 2 this year (watch us win the lottery now :P

I personally have started to watch prospects more this year, and I don't think the different in talent, but more so potential from Nico/Patrick are that different from the tier below. I would actually prefer taking a guy like Mittelstadt, and then hopefully be in contention for the lotto next year, when the toys are a little more shiny. 

16 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I bet @Monty would have something to say about this. :lol:

@Boudrias finished his comment by admitting his observation was superficial. Really have to give him huge credit for adding that in. Very rarely on here (also the Internet in general) do people not only admit something like that, but also are open to being wrong. Good on him.

There were questions in Winnipeg (until recently) from a lot of people who were not in the "know" about what Byfuglien's commitment level was like. However, about two weeks ago, Maurice gave an interview where he said that not only is Byfuglien huge in the dressing room and leaned upon heavily by the coaching staff in off ice stuff, but his on ice work ethic (in practice and in game) for both himself and holding other players accountable is something that all players within the organization are benefiting from.

I'll admit, it's hard for any casual observer to see any of that. The only two areas of the Jets that they need improvement on is special teams (see: coaching) and more consistent goaltending. This was Hellebuyck's first season, and rarely do rookie goalies dominate. Is he the answer? Really don't know yet. What he needs is a proven backup to help shoulder the load for the next 2 years (ie: Darling, Johnson).

The second poster was Alf.

6 minutes ago, Kaner said:

I don't really even want to draft in the top 2 this year (watch us win the lottery now :P

I personally have started to watch prospects more this year, and I don't think the different in talent, but more so potential from Nico/Patrick are that different from the tier below. I would actually prefer taking a guy like Mittelstadt, and then hopefully be in contention for the lotto next year, when the toys are a little more shiny. 

I wouldn't say no to a top pick, however I have faith that wherever we draft JB will snag us a good talent. I have faith in his scouting abilities above all else. 

My draft preferences (depending on where we end up) outside the top 5 would be:

1.) Mittelstadt

2.) Liljigren

3.) Foote

But if JB goes off the board I'll try not to freak out. I know he knows what he's doing. 

Last year I freaked when we drafted Juolevi over Tkachuk, but now I feel confident that Juolevi will be a Top 2 Defenseman and Tkachuk's playing style would have only gotten us multiple suspensions with how the league treats the Canucks.

1 hour ago, Toni Zamboni said:

2hdxjbm.jpg

LOL.  Brock of Ages!

46 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

The Jets took a look at our lineup and figured they won't need those two.  Big mistake!

Archived