The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016.17 Canucks Team Awards - Who Ya Got? (Poll)

Cramarossa

Canuck Team Awards  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• -SN- featured this topic
1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

Cyclone (MVP) - Horvat

Pratt (Best Dman) - Stecher

Bure (Most Exciting) - Horvat

Hume (Unsung Hero) - ??? Stecher

I honestly have a hard time voting for an unsung hero for this team. For me it's Gaunce. But he had zero goals. Tryamkin, Miller and Granlund did way better than expected. But they aren't exactly unsung.

I think I'll vote Stecher just because of how much he over came. If it wasn't for injuries, he might be in Utica, but he took advantage of the call up and forced the team to play him. And now is our best defencemen. 

I thought about Gaunce, but that was a bit of the homer in me so I went with Granlund. He does get press, but not enough for the season he's come up with and being just one shy of 20 goals. But I went Horvat, Tanev, Horvat in the other categories, while Tanev (despite injuries) could also have gone for the Hume as well.

EDIT: Miller makes sense for the MVP as well. He's been just that bit stronger than Markstrom still and even with a few games where he's stunk a bit he's been very good.

9 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I thought about Gaunce, but that was a bit of the homer in me so I went with Granlund. He does get press, but not enough for the season he's come up with and being just one shy of 20 goals. But I went Horvat, Tanev, Horvat in the other categories, while Tanev (despite injuries) could also have gone for the Hume as well.

EDIT: Miller makes sense for the MVP as well. He's been just that bit stronger than Markstrom still and even with a few games where he's stunk a bit he's been very good.

For me, I chose Horvat as MVP, because I wouldn't have gotten through the season without him.

We would have lost more without Miller but also lost a lot more without Horvat. But I could have easily have kept watching without Miller. (I guess I used some of the Bure award as criteria for MVP)

Gaunce just needed 1 goal for him to get my vote. Such a solid defensive player. Really hope he gets an offensive game. 

Cyclone Taylor Award (MVP) -  Ryan Miller (Horvat is a close second, this was a hard one to decide)

Walter (Babe) Pratt Award (Best Defenceman) - Troy Stecher (though Tryamkin and Tanev are real close)

Pavel Bure Award (Most Exciting Player) - Bo Horvat, obviouslyer)

Fred J. Hume Award (Unsung Hero) - Brendan Gaunce, though Sven Baertschi is my runner up

EDIT: Changed my votes after reading some others' posts.

Interesting to see Tryamkin getting several best defenseman votes. To me, it has to go to Edler or Stetcher. Side note - I just love Stetcher's compete level. Biega is the only other defenseman on our roster that competes as hard as him. If Tryamkin took a page from him, he'd be unstoppable. 

I also think Sutter is hands down the unsung hero. He does so much for this team but doesn't get a lot of recognition. Sure, Granlund's goals were nice but Sutter was counted on night in, night out to shut down the opposition's top players and his numbers are just as good too. 

Bo

Stech

Granny

Chaput

IMO Chaput is the real unsung hero, guy gets next to zero praise and still works his tail off every night. He gives 120% percent AND scored some big goals for our club. I wasn't a fan early in the season but he earned my respect.

Tough call between Bo and Millsy for MVP but I thought the other 3 were easy choices.

3 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

I voted for Millsy, Tryamkin, Bo, and Granny respectively. 

Yeah that list is basically the same as mine. The only difference for me was I thought stecher should get the nod with Tryamkin second. Stecher has just proven size doesnt matter with his outstanding compete level and work ethic on defense. He hasn't done too many things wrong and was a lock on the power play as our best offensive d man. 

Archived