The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016.17 Canucks Team Awards - Who Ya Got? (Poll)

Cramarossa

Canuck Team Awards  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

It's that time of the year again! We get to vote in our favorite Canucks for the following team awards:

• Cyclone Taylor Award (MVP)
  • Walter (Babe) Pratt Award (Best Defenceman)
  • Pavel Bure Award (Most Exciting Player)er)
  • Fred J. Hume Award (Unsung Hero)

You can vote at the following link: http://contests.canucks.com/playerawards/

I voted for Millsy, Tryamkin, Bo, and Granny respectively. Ryan has stolen entirely too many games for us this season to be snubbed as MVP. I'm not sure Tryamkin was the best on D, but he was certainly the most exciting to me (Stech a close second). Bo as most exciting goes without saying, but I was stoked about all the kids in general. Markus for unsung after hearing about the seriousness and extended length of time for his wrist injury, not to mention the apparent knee sprain (?!) he played through. He put up numbers in a big way when I think very few of us saw it coming. 

What are your thoughts?

I'm with you.

Miller

Tryamkin/Stecher

BO

Granny

Who fans will likely pick....

MVP - Horvat

Defenceman - Stecher

Most Exciting - Horvat

Unsung Hero - Tryamkin

Who I think should win....

MVP - Miller

Defenceman - Edler

Most Exciting - Horvat

Unsung Hero - Sutter

Miller kept us in games we shouldn't have been in and won games we shouldn't have won. Hands down he's our MVP. Bo wins the popularity contest.

Edler is our best all-around d-man. When you look at everything from points to hits etc, he's the all-around guy. Others have more hits or more points etc but are a little more one dimensional. Plus he's been the workhorse in ice time. Sadly at this point we don't have "that guy" that easily stands out as "the guy". Like Bo, Stecher wins the popularity contest.

Horvat as most exciting is a no brainer. The guy has been great off the rush. Don't think anybody would argue this one.

Sutter to me is the obvious guy as unsung hero. Fantastic in the face-off circle, kills penalties, and tied for 3rd in goals. This guy does it all and gets little credit due to the focus/excitement on the young guys. Meaning he is relatively unsung. Tree wins the popularity contest though.

MVP: Miller

Pratt: Stecher

Bure: Horvat

Hume: Granlund

Although, we could have Hansen for Hume again. We got a first rounder (Goldobin) and a 4th rounder that can still become a first out of him. Props to Jannik for helping the team out even when he has to leave.

I'll give Bo the MVP even though it'll hurt the contract negotiations 

Sbisa best dman cuz I love him 

Most exciting I'll give to troy since I already gave Bo MVP. 

Unsung hero I give to Miller... Him and Bo can alternate on this and the MVP 

20 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

It's that time of the year again! We get to vote in our favorite Canucks for the following team awards:

• Cyclone Taylor Award (MVP)
  • Walter (Babe) Pratt Award (Best Defenceman)
  • Pavel Bure Award (Most Exciting Player)er)
  • Fred J. Hume Award (Unsung Hero)

You can vote at the following link: http://contests.canucks.com/playerawards/

I voted for Millsy, Tryamkin, Bo, and Granny respectively. Ryan has stolen entirely too many games for us this season to be snubbed as MVP. I'm not sure Tryamkin was the best on D, but he was certainly the most exciting to me (Stech a close second). Bo as most exciting goes without saying, but I was stoked about all the kids in general. Markus for unsung after hearing about the seriousness and extended length of time for his wrist injury, not to mention the apparent knee sprain (?!) he played through. He put up numbers in a big way when I think very few of us saw it coming. 

What are your thoughts?

20 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Cyclone - Horvat or Miller...

Pratt - Stecher

Bure - Horvat

Hume - Sbisa

Same exact vote with Miller edging Horvat given hes the biggest reason we aren't rubbing elbows with COL.

Archived