The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDSF: (C1) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (WC2) Nashville Predators | Predators win series 4-0

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Blackhawks in 4
    • Blackhawks in 5
    • Blackhawks in 6
    • Blackhawks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

So after two first round losses should Chicago be rebuilding instead of retooling circa the 2103 Canucks after losing to LA then San Jose..

Is the  core to old? too stale? Do they have some decent prospects? Will they go the free agent route?

Will be an interesting comparison between franchises.

Exactly what I was thinking.

There's lots of hindsight experts on this board who will tell you that the Canucks should have blown up the team after losing to the Kings in 2012.

So what should the Hawks do after managing 3 freaking goals in the entire series?

If their Gm is stupid enough to fire Coach Q to save his own ass, then we should snap him up.

Gotta like this Preds team. They always had the D to win a Cup, now they appear to have the scoring at F, and with rejuvenated G? That's a very strong team.

Pretty amazing how the Preds are able to upset a top seeded team two years in a row. 

Even more amazing is how, on paper, does not really have any elite level talents in the forward position outside of Forsberg and Johansen and sure Neal is a good player to. However if you look at it on paper their forwards pale in comparison to other teams like The Avs or The Stars

11 hours ago, Fakename70 said:

What lack of passion are you talking about? He's far more locked-in and defensively responsible in Nashville than he was in MTL. His points were down, sure, but, he's just not playing that same high-risk hockey that he is most known for. I think in some quarters it's called "maturity". 

That passion when he was playing glightsoit vs Boston a couple years back.

Maybe it's maturity he doesn't seem as emotional now though which I think he needs to play well similar to guys like Ovechkin who feed off crowds and energy in a game.

1 hour ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i did NOT see that happening. the hawks ceiling had to cave sooner or later

Or maybe it's an off period like 2011 and 2012. But with their core and adding the right pieces and removing the wrong ones I am sure Chicago still has a cup left in them. 

4 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

That passion when he was playing glightsoit vs Boston a couple years back.

Maybe it's maturity he doesn't seem as emotional now though which I think he needs to play well similar to guys like Ovechkin who feed off crowds and energy in a game.

So, when he "played with emotion" in MTL his detractors all said he needed to grow up. He gets traded to Nashville, takes major strides in the maturity department, and now he lacks passion?

Hoping this is the end of the chicago era!  I knew that once toews/kane got paid, that they would be doing the salary cap tap dance for the rest of their careers, so here's hoping this is finally the end to their dominance.  They got 3 cups already, so don't need anymore.  It's funny to see hawks fans turn on toews this season though.  He'd be a god here if he won us 1 cup and yet they've been hating on him all year when he got them 3 cups!

1 hour ago, Neversummer said:

WTH happened here?  Anyone see this coming?  Didn't see much of this series on TV at all .... Preds ruined my pool majorly.  

Beating the Hawks? I mean the Preds did elimate the Ducks last year so it was always possible.

15 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Just realize that this song never went off once this playoffs as the Blackhawks were shut out in their home building for Games 1 and 2

Hidden for language

Spoiler

So nice to not have to hear that damn song.  Clearly disappointing for Hawks fans who paid for seats and not get to see their team score.  But that empathy won't take the smile off my face.  Go Preds!

On 21/04/2017 at 1:09 AM, iinatcc said:

Pretty amazing how the Preds are able to upset a top seeded team two years in a row. 

Even more amazing is how, on paper, does not really have any elite level talents in the forward position outside of Forsberg and Johansen and sure Neal is a good player to. However if you look at it on paper their forwards pale in comparison to other teams like The Avs or The Stars

They have a complete team, just like they are trying to build here. It has taken a while there to do so and will take a while for it to happen here. Got to get the right mix and the players have to learn how to win in the playoffs, good luck to the Predators the rest of the way.

On 2017-04-21 at 1:09 AM, iinatcc said:

Proves a point so many of us try to make in "you just never know" (which is why you always push to MAKE the playoffs).  On paper doesn't account for fatigue, injury, slumps, etc.

It made me so happy to see Keith's deer in headlights look as they were ousted.

Archived