The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDSF: (C1) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (WC2) Nashville Predators | Predators win series 4-0

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Blackhawks in 4
    • Blackhawks in 5
    • Blackhawks in 6
    • Blackhawks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

At the end of the day the Hawks have have won 3 cups in the past 7 seasons leading up to this. 

If they lose, will the fans or players really care that much?

I sure as hell wouldn't if I was a Hawks fan. 

If I lost to the Nashville Predators, YES! 

Toews has look god awful and somehow Panarin has been even worse. Seabrooo looks like the Sedins have all year, terrible.

Kane is the only one who looks like he cares.

It might be the end of the end of a dynasty and it's a shame because they were the most exciting team to play since the Avs from 01-03

1 hour ago, Bo053 said:

Chicago almost came back and beat us after being down 3-0.

Would not put it past them to push this to 7, but I would be surprised given how flat they've looked so far.

Yeah, but that Hawks was 6 years younger. Hossa was merely 32 years old. Even Keith looks sluggish in this series. Actually, all season he's looked quite sluggish compared to his former level.

Even Toewes seems over matched by youthful Nashville's first line. And Kane has been angled to the corner almost every time he enters the zone. That team knows how to play defence and does not have fragile mindset; it's admirable. I'm rooting for the Preds.

I think the thing that is most impressive about the Preds is their depth.

They have four solid lines - and that's after having lost Wilson, Jarnkrok (and dumped Ribiero) - and they still have Kamenev to make room for - a grade A prospect that is right on the cusp of ready (not to mention Juse Saros and Dante Fabbro).

Poile just keeps producing.

13 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I think the thing that is most impressive about the Preds is their depth.

They have four solid lines - and that's after having lost Wilson, Jarnkrok (and dumped Ribiero) - and they still have Kamenev to make room for - a grade A prospect that is right on the cusp of ready (not to mention Juse Saros and Dante Fabbro).

Poile just keeps producing.

Their goalie, Renne, looks pretty good too.  Maybe getting RJ and PK was what they needed?

17 minutes ago, Luckylarry said:

Their goalie, Renne, looks pretty good too.  Maybe getting RJ and PK was what they needed?

Speaking of PK has he stepped up his game in the playoffs? I remember Ray Ferraro said you didn't notice him the way you did when he played in Montreal.

Weber had been real good and I haven't seen or heard much from Subban play being good.

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

Speaking of PK has he stepped up his game in the playoffs? I remember Ray Ferraro said you didn't notice him the way you did when he played in Montreal.

Weber had been real good and I haven't seen or heard much from Subban play being good.

Maybe less is more for Subban?  I see you like football.  I'm thinking about a running back who keeps inside the tackles, and consistently gets 3 to 4 yards, instead of running sideways (making the odd longer run) but too often loses yards or fumbles. 

Just now, Luckylarry said:

Maybe less is more for Subban?  I see you like football.  I'm thinking about a running back who keeps inside the tackles, and consistently gets 3 to 4 yards, instead of running sideways (making the odd longer run) but too often loses yards or fumbles. 

His high risk high reward tyke is what made him though. If he is deffering more because the Preds have a stacked d it makes sense I guess but his numbers are down scoring and pints wise from last year.

I think Nashville expects more out of him yet. He doesn't seem to play with the same passion and fire he played with in Montreal though. That's for sure.

Him crying when they played in MTL shows he never wanted to leave. Still is invested emotionally in that city.

On 4/18/2017 at 11:43 AM, Chip Kelly said:

His high risk high reward tyke is what made him though. If he is deffering more because the Preds have a stacked d it makes sense I guess but his numbers are down scoring and pints wise from last year.

I think Nashville expects more out of him yet. He doesn't seem to play with the same passion and fire he played with in Montreal though. That's for sure.

Him crying when they played in MTL shows he never wanted to leave. Still is invested emotionally in that city.

What lack of passion are you talking about? He's far more locked-in and defensively responsible in Nashville than he was in MTL. His points were down, sure, but, he's just not playing that same high-risk hockey that he is most known for. I think in some quarters it's called "maturity". 

Archived